PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of folks in the media don't think this arrangement will last long...including Teddy Bruschi and Randy Moss.

I don't know.. AB has to know that he's been playing a very dangerous game, forcing himself out of Pittsburgh then Vegas.

My feeling is that he is too much a student of the game, and works too much at his craft for him to shoot his way out of Foxboro as well. He has to know he's not going to get a better QB than Brady when it comes to mastering the many details of the game.

What I'm really interested in is seeing is the provision(s) in his contract about the use of social media during the season. I'm pretty sure the Raiders didn't address this, but the Patriots do not overlook anything.

Has there been any action on his IG account as of today?

I agree with 203Pat. Ridiculously good year followed by goodbye. I have warmed to this whole thing overnight.

I warmed to it the minute I saw how salty other fans got over it. I stated laughing immediately and really haven’t stopped.

I don't know.. AB has to know that he's been playing a very dangerous game, forcing himself out of Pittsburgh then Vegas.

My feeling is that he is too much a student of the game, and works too much at his craft for him to shoot his way out of Foxboro as well. He has to know he's not going to get a better QB than Brady when it comes to mastering the many details of the game.

What I'm really interested in is seeing is the provision(s) in his contract about the use of social media during the season. I'm pretty sure the Raiders didn't address this, but the Patriots do not overlook anything.

Yep he posted a video of someone getting him a cake with his face on it. I’m sure they won’t mind benign stuff like that. Brady posts silly stuff from time to time. Like the TB times

Yes. Multiple posts in the last 12 hrs.

I'm willing to bet AB and his social media team will meet with Stacy James and come to an understanding regarding what the Patriots view as acceptable.

On NFL.com and Michael Silver is sneering at the Pats, giving it basically 0% chance of success.

What's his beef?

It's not like we lose draft picks if we have to cut him and it's a low risk deal right..

I want this to succeed so bad after all the stunts the NFL pulled to steal our first rounders.

This is essentially the Revis special. He’s 30. He wants to win a Super Bowl and then he wants to get paid.

Up to and including going to the Jets next year I would guess.

On NFL.com and Michael Silver is sneering at the Pats, giving it basically 0% chance of success.

What's his beef?

It's not like we lose draft picks if we have to cut him and it's a low risk deal right..

I want this to succeed so bad after all the stunts the NFL pulled to steal our first rounders.

Michael Silver grew up a 49ers fan and is bitter that Montana is no longer the GOAT...

Tom Curren said Pittsburgh writers stated the reason Ben faked throwing the ball so much was because he didn't know where Brown was going. Brown did not run crisp routes. That makes me wonder if he will last to November.

I honestly don't think the Patriots and BB care much about your social media presence if you a) don't give away any gameplan related things no matter how small, b) don't start any silly drama and c) do it in your spare time and not inside the locker room or team facilities.

We will see if AB can keep his head above water when it comes to all of that.

I wonder if they actually cut Watson and re-sign him all due to a number change.

This is just delicious reality TV at this point.

Oakland is THATTAWAY......

What's his beef?

Isn't Silver the TinFoil Hat guy who wrote an entire article claiming the Patriots purposely set up the Jumbotron screen above what was then the CBS Scene at Patriot Place so that they could see replays during the game from the home team sideline??????

Last edited:
I honestly don't think the Patriots and BB care much about your social media presence if you a) don't give away any gameplan related things no matter how small, b) don't start any silly drama and c) do it in your spare time and not inside the locker room or team facilities.

We will see if AB can keep his head above water when it comes to all of that.
Well we’ve managed to go 48 hours without any extra craziness from AB. I remember when they first signed Gordon before his suspension, they had a guy watch over him to make sure he wouldn’t get into any trouble but he lost track of Gordon and Gordon got caught and suspended. I really want it to work out because we have the potential to have a badass football team.

Lots of folks in the media don't think this arrangement will last long...including Teddy Bruschi and Randy Moss.
They could be right. And they can just cut him like they did Haynesworthless in 2011, and still have a good shot of winning the SB.

BB doesn’t have 8 WRs on the roster now (including Slater), plus 1 on IR able to return, and 1 on PUP, for no reason. He’s got a huge insurance policy at this point. The insurance policy played pretty well last night....

So, Mortensen comes up with the story that AB consulted social media gurus before he forced his way out of Oakland, and now this morning, his social media gurus are telling people that they've been filming AB for social media for a while, and that Gruden was actually contacted prior to the release of the taped phone call, and that Gruden said "Love it, love it!" when asked if AB could post that video to social media.

I think what happened is this:

1. AB had skipped out on some team activities.
2. He was fined $54k.
3. Next morning, he was angry at Mayock about the fine and so he went off.
4. He then apologized.
5. He was back in the fold.
6. He got Gruden's permission to upload their phone conversation.
7. He uploaded it.
8. The Raiders decided to part ways with him, knowing that he was never going to play for them with another $200k+ fine plus his guarantees being voided.

This is a much different sequence than the one playing out in peoples's heads.

Does anyone know if AB was at the game last night?

What's his beef?

I think he was a bit too revealing about the Brady clan and they cut him off and hes been a hater ever since.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas … er, Oakland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes