PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable. Kraft knows better than anyone that if you get into trouble you just STFU and let your lawyers earn their keep.

And no doubt had communicated as much to the miscreant man-child

There's no telling how Harry will perform. It takes awhile to learn the Patriots playbook. Indications from preseason were that he struggled some.

The key to this season is stabilizing the OL and ensuring Gordon doesn't get suspended. Because than teams will double team Edelman and force Dorsett to beat them. Receiving depth is suddenly a concern.

This year is different.

If the Offense goes all haywire, they will simply have to just win alot of 13-6 games. I don't expect the Offense to go off the rails though.

As we are seeing with Gordon, who has 5 rec for 92 yds. So far he has not looked irreplaceable.
I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot more Gordon catches in the coming weeks. It feels like with all of the AB BS we’ve all kinda forgotten what an amazing WR JG is.

Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham Jr, Tyreek Hill, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Terrell Owen, Randy Moss, Kelvin Benjamin are all exciting.......and ringless.

It's truly is the pack, not the individual that wins Super Bowls.

If each WR knows his JOB/slot, and fills it well, the Pats will win. All along, AB was going to suck the air out of that unit away from the others. Chemistry is everything in REAL football.

Bryan Cox
Corey Dillon

Not the type of guys you would want family dating, but for 1 year... They did their job.

AB is a total jerk, but J Meyers replacing him?
We may still win, but I would prefer AB on the field.

We don't need anyone who won't be active.

We might consider bringing in a TE for a couple of days. All three of ours are on the injury list: LeCosse, Izzo, and Develin.

This situation has actually been an excellent example of why the NFL should mind its own freakin' business.

I don't disagree with you at all

The situation still really sucks... but this team is built to endure, and they will move on

View attachment 24323 What I take from this is since he is a free agent the NFL won’t put him on the exempt list. Would make no sense, he is not part of any team in the NFL. The following wording seems to say if you sign him you will most likely be paying him to sit because we are eventually coming after him. I think they gave the Pats a heads up that the sh$t had hit the fan. That and he probably did not react kindly to the Patriots telling him to cease and desist.

Yup, that does very much seem like a not so veiled warning to any would be suitor teams. Caveat Emptor.

They will investigate and see if they find something. Frankly it’s all bs! Why wasn’t he put on the exempt list when they met for over 10 hours with the rape accuser? They probably found nothing. This has to do with the fact that brown when after that second accuser.
Sometimes it is best to say nothing. You should use that philosophy.

Wouldn't be against getting Amendola from Detroit.

Bryan Cox
Corey Dillon

Not the type of guys you would want family dating, but for 1 year... They did their job.

Bryan Cox and Corey Dillon never flouted BB's instructions.

Jonas Gray was a nice guy. He flouted BB's instructions and got tossed to the side the week after running for almost 200 yards on national tv and being put on the cover of SI.

It cannot possibly be more clear.

In Foxboro, you either Do Your Job or you get $hitcanned. 20 years running now.

Sometimes it is best to say nothing. You should use that philosophy.

I am going with my gut feeling. The guy’s an idiot but if you don’t believe there’s evil women out there idk what to tell you lol.

I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot more Gordon catches in the coming weeks. It feels like with all of the AB BS we’ve all kinda forgotten what an amazing WR JG is.
I hope so. He has looked the part at times. Other times he has struggled to separate and got beat to the ball on the slant. Bill said he is essentially starting over, so we’ll see.

Bryan Cox
Corey Dillon

It'll be more Dorsett replacing him than Meyers.

I hope so. He has looked the part at times. Other times he has struggled to separate and got beat to the ball on the slant. Bill said he is essentially starting over, so we’ll see.

My thing with Gordon is that when he struggles to get separation it seems like it gets to him. Maybe we can find ways to get him the ball when this occurs .

So basically they can’t free themselves of more money? What about winning a grievance?
public salary cap page
Since they are still using the Top 51 rule its current Patriots salary cap space number is $10,468,963. A change from that number should tell us Brown’s new 2019 salary cap number. It may not be until the middle of March when we will learn Brown’s official 2020 cap number. It is not until right before the league year we learn each team’s adjusted cap number. The 2020 League Year begins on March 18.

And my final comment on the AB matter will be this!

As I skim the last few pages on AB's release, I am kind of stunned by the number of posters who are lamenting his loss to the Pats offense as if this will be a HUGE blow to the Pats Superbowl chances. Let me repeat AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

He was a WR. So yes our depth was mildly effected. The chance of chunk plays will be reduced to what it has been for the last 20 years (not including the Moss years). But he was a WIDE RECEIVER. The most easily replaceable position in the league.

Let me also repeat that our WR situation is STILL better than it was last season at this time. Edelman Gordon and Dorsett is a fine top 3. We all loved Meyers through the PS and he did nothing in the first game to think he couldn't contribute if called on. And better still, there is the prospect of Merideth and Harry being available for the 2nd half of the season, and adding to our WR depth and options.

This kind of thinking continually baffles me. Losing Wynn for half the season is a much worse loss for the team than Antonio Brown. MUCH WORSE. Buffalo has a great DL, and a good overall defense and their effectiveness will be doubled given the frenzy of that crowd for that game

We'd BETTER hope the OL has been repaired, or we might not be the undefeated team to come out of that game. Despite the overwhelming dominance over Buffalo the past 2 decades, there haven't been too many blowouts up there. They are being put together well, and have good coaching too. It is easy to look past them based on past experience, but that would be a HORRID mistake.

What you’re saying could absolutely be true. But it isn’t automatic. You’re assuming the accuser is actually smart, which she may well be. But people do dumb things out of desperation. It’s not impossible she’d be dumb enough to fake them.

Otherwise point taken. You’re probably right
That's not my assumption. My assumption is that it would be easy for Brown to prove he didn't send the texts. There's no reason he wouldn't turn over his phone or release records to prove he didn't harass someone and completely discredit his accuser. The fact that his lawyer isn't denying it speaks volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down