PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just talked with a female co-worker about this. She knows next to nothing about football and had no idea what I was talking about.

I started by saying I've seen enough crazy from Brown to believe the accusations, then proceeded to tell her the story, how she was his trainer, and then the three incidents she claims.

She instantly had a confused look on her face, said that didn't make any sense, and within 30 seconds was thinking they were probably sleeping together and now there's some hurt feelings.

How was she his trainer? She lived in Tennessee and would fly out to spend a couple days with him at a time. She may have worked out with him and led the workouts, but that doesn't make her his trainer. He's a wealthy, elite athlete. He didn't need her training expertise and almost certainly already had a trainer. It's sounds to me like she's trying to make it sound like a professional relationship rather than personal/sexual. It sounds a lot more like the latter.

Didn’t Tom deny that on the radio the other day? Unless we’ve heard otherwise that he actually was there.
The photo above you of the two together is literally inside Tom's house.

I can't see GOONdell putting him on the exempt list unless there was more evidence.
I think it depends on how well he plays right away. If he looks like Moss 2.0 out of the gate then I expect he's gone. This is because I think optics suggest making a decision on the exempt list within a week of this story. So trot AB out this weekend without practice and make him look average.

It's easy to laugh at but it's also true. You can have Tammy Johnson file a civil suit against Mahomes saying he sexually assaulted her, get it out there right before a Championship game, and he'd have to be suspended based on the precedent set. Any player.

Kind of like before a judge is nominated before Congress to the Supreme Court. It's a very dangerous and evil game played by a very sick cult within our society.

One thing is for certain. We are on the Antonio Brown crazy train now

Yeah that's what I am thinking this morning as well. Placing him on the Commissioner's Exempt List over this sets a really bad precedent. You open the door for any person to file a civil suit against against any player at an inconvenient time just to get them taken out of a game. That's probably a bit of an extreme worst-case eventuality but it would be possible.

Precedents don't matter in the NFL - the Commissioner rules by fiat, arbitrarily and capriciously. And it is sanctioned by the contracts in place. Insane, but true.

CBA is up for renewal... so at least the Pats have that going for them. And Hill didnt even get put on the exempt list for his case.

Only the 3rd is a rape.

The poster I responded to claimed that she went back to him after being raped.

What Brown did the first time, according to her, and maybe according to a Brown text that's been placed online, is comparable to what Peyton Manning did to his trainer, who continued to work with him after the assault.

I am reserving judgement until all the facts are out there.

However, the civil complaint does allege that she went back to Brown's house the very next day after the alleged rape occurred.

"61. The next day, Ms. Taylor had to return to Brown's home to retrieve personal belongings before flying back to Memphis."

My money is on the exemption list

OK, why would you travel a great distance to stay in the home of a single man who had previously sexually assaulted you twice? It doesn't make any more sense, even if the first two incidences fell short of rape.

There could be any number of reasons, but the biggest one to my mind is money. He was rich, and she thought she had an opportunity.

I am only pointing out here that the rape was the third incident. I am not drawing conclusions. My post was strictly about the facts. "Why did she go back to him after he raped her" is quite different than "why did she go back to him after he groped her or sexually assaulted her or whatever." That's the only distinction I'm making.

But with Weinstein and "Me Too" a lot of women continued to work with him after being assaulted.

Probably for money. To get paid by Brown. Why did all he women continue to work with Weinstein? Why did Peyton Manning's trainer continue to work with him after he sexually assaulted her?

Please don't compare him to Weinstein. Weinstein is something much worse, much more heinous.

Women, especially actresses went out of their way to avoid him, even working with him. He had to continually look for new prey to rape.

Actually it wasn’t assumed. It was reported by Schefter last night. Which was in the civil case documents.

Regardless of what was reported, we don’t know what actually happened other than someone has accused Brown of a crime.

You response in your original post didn’t address the posters points

We know he's been over their house and that Tom invited him to stay.

This isn't exactly rocket science to piece together.

He was invited to their house. We don't know if he accepted that invitation

Kind of like before a judge is nominated before Congress to the Supreme Court. It's a very dangerous and evil game played by a very sick cult within our society.

Again, it's a backlash against millions upon millions of men getting away with transgressions - often brutal ones - against all oppressed classes, not just women.

That doesn't make it right and as I said, I also don't particularly like the direction things are going, but I fully understand why it's happening the way it is. People are fed up with constant unpunished violations of human rights over the course of history.

One thing is for certain. We are on the Antonio Brown crazy train now
Yup we are. Used to like watching the AB train wreck being on the other side. Now unfortunately he is on our side :(((

Not all sexual assaults are rapes.
Non-consensually coming on her back would be sexual assault but not rape, for example.
Rape in the United States is defined by the Department of Justice as "Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim."

How was she his trainer? She lived in Tennessee and would fly out to spend a couple days with him at a time. She may have worked out with him and led the workouts, but that doesn't make her his trainer. He's a wealthy, elite athlete. He didn't need her training expertise and almost certainly already had a trainer. It's sounds to me like she's trying to make it sound like a professional relationship rather than personal/sexual. It sounds a lot more like the latter.

...maybe you're right. I don't have any interest in speculating. She claims he signed a paper to this effect, but who knows.

If Heitner ( Brown’s lawyer) is accurate in saying she posted pictures of them together in her FB page, in order to promote her business, after the alleged attacks took place then she is going to have an uphill climb to win this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes