PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest4SevenHomie

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
To me, I get the feeling that Brown is trolling everyone. Like how he did the the whole helmet fiasco and threatened to sit out.

Brady and Belichick don't have the luxury of putting up that behavior. Everyone knows Belichick. Other teams suck, so they really don't have much going for them, so they put up with his antics, lolol.

It wouldn't be a trade situation. It would be a free agent situation, post-cut.

And BB has brought in the Antonio Browns of the NFL before.

I’m sure that it would be considered, as the on field product is impressive. Where it would go from there is anyone’s guess, because Brown’s antics over the past 12-18 months have been ridiculous. I don’t think that it feels like normal WR diva stuff, at least in the vein of Moss, T.O., etc, so I think it would be a riskier type of move.

Normally I am 1000% fine with taking in talented players who are discontent with their current situation.

This, however, is a new breed. Players are at least supposed to play nice for the first season ‘honeymoon period’.

Let’s put it this way, the raiders got him out of his Steelers situation and gave him a lot of money. He should be singing the raiders praises, instead he pulls a full diva move and is disruptive before he even takes a snap.

This guy is ‘next level crazy’.

Not sure of the need, as with our current of compliment of WR's it seems on paper to be more than adequate and more than usual.

This guy was a malcontent in Pitt and now is following the same script in Oakland, thought his behavior was predictable and the belief that Mayock/Gruden could make things different is absurd.

BB has done a good job with guys similar to this, but asking Brown to check his massive psychotic ego at the door, may be more than Brown is willing to do or able to do.

Would Brown be willing to take a lesser role targets/production wise in this offense for a shot at a ring?

We all know when your brought in to this team you either adapt to the patriot way or your gone. Bill won’t put up with all the extra crap that’s gone on the past few seasons.

Last edited:
To me, I get the feeling that Brown is trolling everyone. Like how he did the the whole helmet fiasco and threatened to sit out.

Brady and Belichick don't have the luxury of putting up that behavior. Everyone knows Belichick. Other teams suck, so they really don't have much going for them, so they put up with his antics, lolol.

Brown is mentally and emotionally ill. This is no joke. Gordon's struggles are related to substance abuse, Brown is clearly having neurological issues. His behavior is erratic, counterproductive to his well being and just plain nutty. Bill will not touch him with a 100ft pole.

Pretty much this. The only thing that makes me think BB wouldn't be interested in Brown is that he hasn't necessarily shown a lot of interest in playing the game of football lately through his behaviour but also in the months/years before eg. on that leaked recording between him and his agent.

We could certainly use the upgrade at WR. If he comes as a FA and it’s an incentive laced deal, Belichick could send his ass packing whenever.

Would someone explain to me why someone would bother to make a new thread about this, when the same discussion has already been occurring in first AB thread?

It’s not the right moment. This fool will be looking for top dollar still since he gets “no respect.” The Pats will have to wait until the offseason when all he can get is a one year prove-it deal and he’s been humbled. Not sure if he’ll make it there, mentally.

It’s not the right moment. This fool will be looking for top dollar still since he gets “no respect.” The Pats will have to wait until the offseason when all he can get is a one year prove-it deal and he’s been humbled. Not sure if he’ll make it there, mentally.

I don’t think any team will risk spending top dollar on him right now.

This is an idiotic take. We will never trade for him because if we trade for him, we inherit his enormous contract.

BUT, if he gets cut.. I definitely do see BB kicking the tires on him and offering an one year NSA contract that's loaded on incentives, with zero guarantees.

The child has quit on 2 teams in the past 9 months.
The child has been the mother of all distractions for the two teams he eventually quit on.
The child vents every thought and frustration through social media, with his tantrums reading as if he is illiterate and a special needs candidate
The child publicly abused management who happens to be a BB confidante.
The child would have to accept a reduced contract, agree to unprecedented conduct terms, and check his ego at the door.....all non starters for this petulant type A psycho.

Other than that.....

To me Antonio Brown is on another level, he is more than just a malcontent.

This is an idiotic take. We will never trade for him because if we trade for him, we inherit his enormous contract.

BUT, if he gets cut.. I definitely do see BB kicking the tires on him and offering an one year NSA contract that's loaded on incentives, with zero guarantees.

Focus less on the take and more on the humor of the gif.

Probably not. We have a lot of depth at receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots