• Yes, make it happen BB!

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, we can spend out money/assets better elsewhere

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I would trade for AB. Gives Tom one of the best WRs to play with the rest of the way, and AB would find out real quick that he won’t get away with anything close to what he did in Pitt. Plus Pitt would take the cap hit to move him. I would deal a 2nd rounder. Target defensive line and TE with other 2 high picks

I live about 90 miles east of Pittsburgh and my wife is a Steelers fan. Basically she thinks they should get rid of him. It’s extremely, and I can’t stress it enough, extremely anti-Tomlin out here. All of my co-workers can’t stand him, neither can my wife or father in-law.
This was the single career example of Tomlin displaying a spine, too.

Last edited:
I hate the steelers but always liked Antonio's game, shows up in huge moments. As the game goes on and it gets tougher he comes up with mind boggling clutch catches, shows up in PO's. Attacks every part of the field, gets massive separation, beats double and triple coverage, catches in traffic, true gamer but wow what a headcase.

They probably need to get rid of him, he's 30 going to be 31 and sounds unhinged. He may have 3 or 4 more 1000+ yd seasons left in him, probably 1 or 2 big seasons left but how do you keep a guy that bails on his team and behaves like that? Wonder where he would go.

Teams with highly paid wide receivers have not faired well in the Super Bowl department.

In fact a lot of their teams missed the playoffs this year

Teams with highly paid wide receivers have not faired well in the Super Bowl department.

Yup, only 3 of the top 10 WRs (AVG/Yr $) teams made the playoffs

1. Odell Beckham Jr
2. Antonio Brown
3. Mike Evans
4. Brandin Cooks
5. DeAndre Hopkins
6. Sammy Watkins

7. Jarvis Landry
8. A.J. Green
9. Davante Adams
10. Stefon Diggs

How much would AB count against our cap if we get him?

If we sign Fitzgerald in the offseason and somehow get brown out of Pittsburgh, our wide receiver problems for next year are over.
Fitz is 35 years old and slowing down. Brown is a prima donna malcontent used to making large amounts of money. Neither is a fit.

Also, if they lied about his “injury,” they need to be investigated and punished accordingly. Of course, that won’t happen which is why I wish horrific things on that scumbag Goodell. I would really, REALLY love to hear news that he was mauled by 3 vicious Pitbulls.

I can't understand how people like Michael Lombardi and others think Mike Tomlin is a good coach. It's mind boggling!

I know I'm in the minority on this but I think Tomlin at one point was a pretty good coach, although not top tier. However, after a certain number of years of hearing the same thing from a coach players start tuning you out, and clearly at this point it is time for Tomlin to move on from Pittsburg. That is the reason that there is so much turnover in NFL coaching, every so often you need a fresh voice.

I would like to point out that Tomlin is the longest tenured NFL coach in the league at the same team except for Sean Payton and BB. Payton and BB appear to be exceptions to that rule of teams needing a fresh voice every so often, but Payton IMHO is one of the brightest coaches in the league and BB is the GOAT. Tomlin just isn't anywhere close to being in that same league.

However, when Tomlin does move on (which clearly needs to be sooner than later), I wouldn't be surprised to see him get scooped up by another team and have some success.

Teams with highly paid wide receivers have won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

I should have said Brown sharing the spotlight with JuJu.

IIRC, something happened after the KC game that had Brown fighting with the GM about a trade. Brown had a bad game and JuJu kinda broke out even though Pitt lost. I had JuJu on my fantasy so Ive watched him close all year.

JuJus workload nearly doubled in 2018
2017 - 7 starts -58 receptions - 917 yards - 7 TDs
2018 - 13 starts - 111 receptions - 1426 yards - 7 TDs

JuJu 7 starts -58 receptions - 917 yards - 7 TDs
Brown 14 starts - 101 receptions - 1533 yards - 9 TDs

I think you are correct about the JuJu third wheel issue. Brown is a jealous crybaby, and this has been happening since last year (he was caught sulking after a touchdown that wasn’t thrown to him.). I believe JuJu has surpassed Brown is Roethlisberger’s level of trust, plus the team knows he’s the future. I’m sure before long JuJu will every bit the turd that Brown is and acting like a two year old five years from now when a new star receiver comes in and threatens his status. That organization is so crappy.

Teams with highly paid wide receivers have won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

The only ones who’s cap number in the top 10 in the last 10 years were Thomas (2015) Rice (2013, got hurt didn’t even play) and Boldin (2012)

Alshon Jeffery didnt make top dollar for a receiver in 2017

Edit: Boldin was number 12 actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots