SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Blown Opportunity
The train in Foxboro will move on without Anotonio Brown, who is now on his own after what will likely go down as a huge blown opportunity for him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Antonio Brown RELEASED!!!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Quest4SevenHomie, Sep 6, 2019.

?

Are you ready to cut ties with Antonio Brown?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Ray Lewis killed a man.

38 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,000
    ---
    Please explain how the claim that the team is weakened, locker room morale lower, and the team is better off without Brown is an “informed opinion” and not total stab in the dark...I can’t wait to hear this one. Others have offered up indicators that the opposite is true, including several former Patriot players commenting about the situation.

You guys think the Patriots players are in the same mindset as you. It’s inane.

2. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,825
    ---
    I’ve been trying really hard not to comment on the AB situation and so far have been successful but to castigate a Patriots fan because “they have a bad reaction to adversity”, where the “adversity” is a rape allegation against a player who hasn’t played a snap for the team, is incredibly ****ed up.

This is nothing like SpyGate or DeflateGate. Those were clear railroadings of our team with no basis in reality solely because the league had an agenda, and they were both related to on field behavior (or lack thereof).

This is a serious allegation (as the team and individual players have all said). I know that people here have made up their minds one way or the other but the reality is nobody knows what happened, this story broke 24 hours ago and even if there are some hints that the woman is making everything up, it’s ok to be a Patriots fan and at the same time not immediately completely support this new guy who, while talented, obviously has serious character issues that we’ve seen on display in plenty of other situations than the current one.

I’ve spent countless hours defending this team against spygate and deflategate. I’m not going to do the same thing to defend Antonio Brown against rape allegations. Someone else can do that. It’s not any different than a Lakers fan defending Kobe and if Brown were on any other team, the vast majority of this board would be crushing him right now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Biffins

Biffins Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,928
    ---
    As far as I know, AB was practicing with the team yesterday. Hopefully they had a good session and hopefully they see that he adds to our passing attack.

As far as media and circus, actually I think some amount of stonewalling the media, and “us against them” mentality and the mental fortitude and sense of unity that requires has always been healthy for this team. If the team largely feels that AB is innocent here they will rally behind him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +22,000
    ---
    Brown isn't "one of us", so you're going to base your thoughts on a player being accused of rape on his Patriot-ness. If you formed your opinion of Kobe Bryan's rape allegations based on your team allegiance, that's your problem, but I can see why both of you are triggered here. You keep mixing in whether athletes are guys you root for or not, and stating how serious rape charges are. I think you need to sort out your thoughts. I like your plan a little better, which is to wait until we know more facts, better than the other plan that the team should release him, guilty or not, which is NENGFAN 's stated opinion.

Regardless, it's weird you'd say that my post is ****ed up, when both of you seem to be unable to process that a rape charge has been made against a person without categorizing whether or not that person is defensible by you, based on if he's a "true Patriot" or not. Clearly @NENGFAN thinks in a similar way; I mean, he's apparently defending Chung while there's very little known about that case, and anyone else who is "a Patriot."

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  5. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,825
    ---
    I just called out your post because you basically said someone isn’t a real Patriots fan if they don’t defend Brown the same way they defended SpyGate. Nice misuse of “triggered”’ though.

6. slash83

slash83 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2,727
    ---
    My opinion, if BB was caught by surprise by these allegations and was never given a heads up by AB and his agent I don’t think he would of been at practice today. That would of been a dishonest move and something the team wouldn’t of been happy about to have dropped on them. I expect the Pats were given a heads up by Drew from the get to, I don’t see how you hide something like this, it’s bad business. Just my thoughts, I could be dead wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +22,000
    ---
    You completely misinterpreted my post.

I don’t give a crap if people want to defend him or not. I’m not sure it’s possible to know or be objective about that, but his guilt or innocence presumption shouldn’t be based on whether or not he’s a real Patriot.

Saying he should be released, guilty or not, due to an accusation is what I called out that poster for and rightfully so. After the Patriots, as well as many sports teams in the 24/7 sports news cycle, have gotten dragged through the mud for either doing nothing wrong or highly exaggerated infractions, we should know better than most that truth is often mixed up with agenda and not be so quick to drop the hammer on “the new guy.”

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,968
    ---
    Do not think either party want to go through the "discovery" process...

9. borg

borg PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,136
    ---
    Let’s form a circle, hold hands, and share.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,968
    ---
    Not sure this is a barometer of about anything, but yesterday on Pro Football Talk all ten of the most commented on stories had to do with AB.... this morning it continues...

My review of various national news sites this AM is everyone had some story on AB...

If this forum is a microcosm of anything we are in line with what PFT is finding as is the rest of the news world ...

As much as I think this is vastly overplayed, it is what it is... a salacious story the people love to read in their hopes it will somehow bring about the demise of the Patriots.. then there is sportstalk radio, never mind to early to rant and rave about the mediots..

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. MainePatsFan26

MainePatsFan26 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    Unless I'm suddenly the reincarnation of Adam Schefter, I'm not sure why/how I would have inside information about the team. Never once did I say that I spoke to, say, Patrick Chung and felt his morale was low. I was speaking about my opinion of what a situation like this does to a team, having played on a team before.

What confuses me is how you've disagreed and insulted me at every turn, but then state that I've added nothing to the discussion. If I've added nothing, then why have you been so up in arms about what I've added?

12. Tb12goesinya

Tb12goesinya Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +773
    ---
    The league has not done a good job being judge, jury, and executioner in these cases. I don't necessarily blame them, there is a reason the rule of law is often black or white.

In this day in age of PC culture and metoo movement, the NFL must put a stop to the ongoing circuses.

I take rape, child abuse, and domestic violence very seriously, but the only logical solution to me is that the player is free to play unless he is charged by the actual authorities. It may create an awkward situation here and there for teams, sponsors, teammates etc etc. but to me it is better then the circus PC pressure alternative.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. UptownPatsFan

UptownPatsFan Standin' Pat

Ratings:
    +17,315
    ---
    AB makes us better. He’s still here. Let’s win & deal with him when the time comes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +28,549
    ---
    Weren't you the guy who 3 games in last year panicked and wanted to trade away assets on the team because in your opinion they didn't have "it" ?

Lets check quickly one of the most retarded threads of last year and my personal nominee for the annual "I DON'T CARE I CAN'T STAND IT" award:

Purge the Doubters and Weaklings

Yep. And that is just one of the posts.

Why exactly are you surprised if people don't really agree with another one of your premature "opinions" ?

AB arrived here with a clean slate. If he creates issues BB and the team will deal with it appropriately. They have dealt with worse **** before.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 2
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  15. farn

farn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8,806
    ---
    (It was actually a “guy”, but I voted Ray)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13,560
    ---
    If you roll a Nat 20 during draft day they Patriots will actually pick the player you want. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. PP2

PP2 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +11,532
    ---
    BB does not allow snapface or Instachat in the locker room, so I think we're fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. MainePatsFan26

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    I'm glad you brought my post back up. Our team was in a tough position multiple times last season because of a variety of factors including a general malaise. We ended up 11-5, the worst record we had since 2009 when we got curb stomped by the Ravens. Towards the end of the year, we looked abysmal at times. Then, things clicked into place and Dee Ford was a moron. On paper, that team was the worst Patriots club in a decade but pulled it all together in spite of earlier issues when it mattered most. I was proud of that team, but let's not kid ourselves that they were one of the better Patriot rosters.

A large part of what allowed them to thrive down the stretch was finding a good rapport with each other and being selfless (i.e. the Patriot Way). When you look at Antonio Brown as a teammate, you see an immensely talented guy. But you also see a guy who, based on his history, will air dirty laundry in public.

Here's hoping this clean slate works out, but let's not pretend the rest of the world cares to give the man a fresh start -- especially if he raped this woman. And let's not play the "she's lying... isn't it obvious?" game. That is demeaning to all survivors of sexual assaults who fear being further humiliated by a suspicious public.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. MainePatsFan26

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    You're right. I wish I could edit the poll!

20. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,149
    ---
    At first, I was on the fence with the AB signing but decided it was really no risk, all reward. If he implodes, cut him. No big deal.

Now that it is obvious he is being railroaded, I am all in. Doesn't make him a good guy. But even self-absorbed, crazy, douche bags shouldn't be falsely labeled as a rapist.

Why do so many Patriots fans worry about what other people are saying? The team could field a 53 of choir boys and still be hated like no other. Chiefs fans, Colts fans, Felger, ESPN, oh nooooo. The team I love is hated by a sh1t load of strangers. That's awesome!

Cutting AB because of some fear of a mythical distraction would be an epic pusssy move. And given Kraft's summer of love, a tad bit hypocritical.

My advice is to seek love in your personal life, the real world. And let's not get bent out of shape about long AB threads distracting anyone of importance. I am now more clear on the definition of "arbitrary" , have taken a closer look at the art of squirting, and have been enlightened on the meaning of life and human morality from reading that thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1