SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Blown Opportunity
The train in Foxboro will move on without Anotonio Brown, who is now on his own after what will likely go down as a huge blown opportunity for him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Antonio Brown RELEASED!!!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Quest4SevenHomie, Sep 6, 2019.

?

Are you ready to cut ties with Antonio Brown?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Ray Lewis killed a man.

38 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. MainePatsFan26

MainePatsFan26 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    And yet you're here stating that you get things, despite having no clue either. These are hypotheticals from afar and all you've offered are insults. We are currently the best team in the league without Brown on the field. I don't think, in my opinion, we need to risk team chemistry for a man who is a cancer to everyone around him based on his history.

And I won't be back on here next Monday apologizing or acknowledging how wrong I was. I'm not saying they are going to lose. I'm saying they have a greater chance of losing because of this distraction. Are you ready to say all this noise around Brown is helping to put the team in a greater position to win? If you will admit that, then at least we'll be getting somewhere.

2. RServant

RServant Rookie

Ratings:
    +12
    ---
    I was against the AB signing. Never cared for the guy. I thought the facebook thing during the playoffs was idiotic, and how that would never fly with BB at the helm.

Then the thing with Ryan Clark, how AB was supposedly going around saying he was the franchise after he signed a big deal. I thought "That wouldn't be tolerated in NE, he wouldn't make it out of the locker room. Those guys would put the boots to him before he could make it to the office to find out he's been released."

Then all this other BS he's pulled, I know without a doubt it would not work in New England. They won't stand for it, and the first time he presents a problem, he's gone. No question in my mind.

But, here he is... And he's got a big ole media ****storm on his hands, yet nobody within the organization is batting an eye. Why? I'll tell ya why! Because they don't believe the accusations. They don't buy into the goofy stuff he's done in the past, either. The very fact he's still on this team- who realistically has no reason to support him and could wash their hands of him immediately, speaks volumes to me. Not only am I fine with this addition, I love it. I hope it digs at other fanbases the way the deflategate bs bothered me.

Over on Chiefsplanet there are 78 and 71 pages of posts regarding the accusations/signing.

Good. Let em talk.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Burn it all down! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14,971
    ---
    She’s a blithering, broken moron. Too bad, because years ago she was actually worth reading.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Dr Pain

Dr Pain In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,552
    ---
    After seeing the videos, my guess is this will just fade away and nothing is going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,954
    ---
    I thought you had banned him because on every question he'd just look down, smack his lips, and say "just trying to win a game" to every question?

6. Dr Pain

Dr Pain In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,552
    ---
    I did not like the signing but agree will make the team more dangerous. I would not drop him because of this as it looks like a railroad job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,600
    ---
    It is what it is.

Regards,
    Chris

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MainePatsFan26

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    I agree that we're talking about AB to fill the void that is daily life between football games. But should we really just assume he won't impact the team just because other situations (Moss, Dillon, etc.) haven't in the past? If you court trouble, eventually trouble finds you. This situation, to me, feels different. I hope Belichick can navigate it, as I want this team to thrive.

We're in such a great position to win, I just happen to believe cutting ties will send a message we trust our guys to get it done. I understand most people don't agree with this position and have no problem with that. For those who suggest debating this topic is somehow disloyal, I don't think they're interested in having a legitimate debate about the team as much as being homers.

9. dustcover

dustcover Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +308
    ---
    "I would sacrifice winning a Super Bowl rather than going through AB distraction every week."

Heresy I say, heresy! laugh.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  10. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,121
    ---
    i was ready to cut ties with brown before he signed. i hope he gets released. And I felt that way before the rape accusations. But i think his accuser is a vindictive former girl friend just looking for a pay day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  11. Brick27

Brick27 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,831
    ---
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MainePatsFan26

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    While I disagree to a point with keeping him, this does look like a railroad job. If he were a long-term Patriot, I'd agree the team should rally around him. But he's only been here half a week and, in this climate, the whole situation could be bigger than Deflategate because of how much sexual assault scandals play in the media. This story will stay in the news cycle until it is proven false or Brown gets cut. If we're all fine with that scrutiny from the national press for a guy who just arrived, then whatever -- it doesn't matter. Either way, we're in a good position to make another run as long as we don't implode.

13. MainePatsFan26

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    That is an interesting way of looking at it. I guess it is a big flipping of the bird to everyone else. We'll see - maybe his theatrics spread more to other teams than to ours.

14. MainePatsFan26

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    Oh I don't mind reading them. So much attention on Brown just makes me think the whole team may become the Antonio Brown dog and pony show. If that makes us a better team, though, I'm happy to see him play as long as he legitimately did not rape that woman. I just happen to believe cutting ties would ensure we stay focused on the task at hand since we are already LIT as another poster commented.

15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,000
    ---
    They are very likely in greater position to win with Brown, but since he hasn’t actually played, I think it’s unreasonable to ask that. Assuming he is anywhere close to the same player we’ve seen in the past and doesn’t have problems seeing the field like Brady does, then the answer is yes.

Of course you won’t admit it if your take is dead wrong. That’s a real “trap game” move to freak about it and then fail to learn from your fallacy in thinking. You’re not saying they’re going to lose. You’re just saying that if they do, you called it and traced it to the AB circus. And you’re just saying that Brown makes them worse, if he is active and playing because of the distractions he brings. And no, you won’t be back here to admit you’re wrong about that either, but you reserve your right to have told us so just in case.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,453
    ---
    Of course. My comment is dripping with sarcasm. Try and soak it all up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. MainePatsFan26

Ratings:
    +997
    ---
    I won't admit any fallacy because you haven't demonstrated any fallacy through your supposed guiding me to a new line of thinking. All I've said is that these distractions place us in a spot where we're less likely to beat Miami than we would be without the Brown signing. If the controversy with Brown settles down, then he will be a great asset to the team. But all evidence suggests that if it isn't this controversy it will be another one.

If they lose, I won't come on here to gloat. I didn't bring any of this up to hedge my bets for who will win in Miami. I didn't know, by the way, I had a legacy of bragging about my prognostications. If I did previously gloat or fail to admit when my take was off-base, then that was wrong of me.

My question to you is at what point you'd be willing to release him. If the media proves he raped this woman, are you fine with keeping him because they are in a greater position to win with him on the field? It seems your position is that nothing matters except on the field play, team chemistry and morale be damned.

I also have to question how a difference of opinion can be quantified as "right" or "dead wrong." Where are you getting your "proof" of being right when this whole discussion is a matter of opinion?

• Like Like x 1
  18. NENGFAN

NENGFAN On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +193
    ---
    I agree. It’s funny when other posters proclaim a point of view as dead wrong without any proof. It’s an informed opinion. These distractions are not good for the team. I don’t think anyone can say otherwise.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,954
    ---
    jjjuuussst checking you go the original sarcasm of my post (though why I doubted your sarcastic understanding acumen? I have no friggin idea! :) )

• Thank You Thank You x 2
  20. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,000
    ---
    I would absolutely want the team to release him if there was strong evidence that raped this woman, without question. I have not said at any point that chemistry, morale, or anything of that nature is irrelevant. I’ve pointed out that you’re talking out of your ass in claiming that you know the team has been effected negatively in any way. If you as a fan can’t don’t like rooting for Brown, I can get on board with that, but you basically claim to have inside information about the locker room.

The fact is you have absolutely nothing to support your claim that the team the team is worse off with Brown, and you continue to double down on it. The team signed a superstar wide receiver at a price they rarely go to, and you act like you are so certain that his value is far outweighed by the distraction that you’ve made in your own mind and projected onto the locker room of a real team.

And even if it is clear and obvious that the team is better off with him against Miami, you won’t admit the fallacy of your thinking, in your own words. What else is there to say? You want to say baseless things and then later claim you were right to say baseless things. I see you are already backtracking with your “If this controversy dies down...” but you’d rather not even risk that to begin with.

Right if you’re right. Right if you’re wrong. You’ve added absolutely nothing to the discussion about Brown, other than to say you’ve got your bases covered.

• Sad Sad x 1