Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His contract is quite reasonable.

3/38 with zero guaranteed money.

Not going to get much better than that.
His contract is indeed pretty reasonable. It is so reasonable, in fact, that any team who trades for him should anticipate that after 2019, he will be very unhappy with his contract and want a new deal and cause all the same problems all over again if he doesn’t get one.

I'll trade you Tampa for Barfalo.
With Tampa, he’d be paired up with Mike Evans and possibly DeSean Jackson, so that’s why I excluded them.

His contract is indeed pretty reasonable. It is so reasonable, in fact, that any team who trades for him should anticipate that after 2019, he will be very unhappy with his contract and want a new deal and cause all the same problems all over again if he doesn’t get one.
While your speculation is understood, my response was to someone’s comment who had claimed that his current pact was too pricey, which simply is not true.

This reminds me of the days when TO turned on his qbs.

While your speculation is understood, my response was to someone’s comment who had claimed that his current pact was too pricey, which simply is not true.
Ok then yeah I agree his current pact is very reasonable from a team standpoint. Brown will consider it *too* reasonable IMHO.

With Tampa, he’d be paired up with Mike Evans and possibly DeSean Jackson, so that’s why I excluded them.
I have a feeling that Jackson will not be in Tampa next season.

I have a feeling that Jackson will not be in Tampa next season.
Agreed about Jackson, although I think that Evans may be one of the top 5 WRs in the league, so I wouldn’t really want to see them paired up, even with that moron throwing them the ball.

I'm sure the English Department at Central Michigan University is proud of their alumni......

“If your squad want to win and you squad want a hungry wide receiver whose the best in the whole world, someone hit my phone,” Brown says. “Tell them I ain’t doing no unguarantees. I ain’t even gonna play myself no more for this NFL. . . . I think I done everything. What y’all think? What’s left for me to do? Win a Super Bowl? Gotta be the right team for that, right? . . . If your team got guaranteed money, they want to get to know me and work with me, tell them to call me.”

I'm sure the English Department at Central Michigan University is proud of their alumni......

“If your squad want to win and you squad want a hungry wide receiver whose the best in the whole world, someone hit my phone,” Brown says. “Tell them I ain’t doing no unguarantees. I ain’t even gonna play myself no more for this NFL. . . . I think I done everything. What y’all think? What’s left for me to do? Win a Super Bowl? Gotta be the right team for that, right? . . . If your team got guaranteed money, they want to get to know me and work with me, tell them to call me.”

The hell with just the English department. Regardless of subject every teacher/professor he ever had in his life who gave him a passing grade should be fired and never allowed near a classroom again.

I've finally reached the point where this phrase no longer bothers me. Hallelujah.

Can't wait to miss the playoffs the next eight years while the Patriots make to eight AFCCGs and five Super Bowls.

hqdefault.jpg

3WS8x7d.gif

He says he’s in great pain over his contract and wants to know if you can help him.

As if there weren't enough reasons to not trade for Antonio Brown... he just gave another one;

Antonio Brown eyes new team, guaranteed money

"If your squad want to win and your squad want a hungry wide receiver who's the best in the whole world, someone hit my phone," Brown said. "Tell them I ain't doing no unguarantees. I ain't even gonna play myself no more for this NFL. ... I think I done everything. What y'all think? What's left for me to do? Win a Super Bowl? Gotta be the right team for that, right? ... If your team got guaranteed money, they want to get to know me and work with me, tell them to call me."

This is a guy who JUST signed a huge contract not even 1 year ago, and is already demanding a trade and demanding that the team he's traded to pony up a ton of guaranteed money for him... you know, just like the Steelers did 10 months ago!

Dude just got paid, and is now demanding to be paid again lol! He think's he's accomplished everything there is to accomplish for an NFL wide receiver. He ain't even gonna play himself no mo for this NFL

Holy cow... how could anyone seriously consider acquiring this head case?

As if there weren't enough reasons to not trade for Antonio Brown... he just gave another one;

Antonio Brown eyes new team, guaranteed money

This is a guy who JUST signed a huge contract not even 1 year ago, and is already demanding a trade and demanding that the team he's traded to pony up a ton of guaranteed money for him... you know, just like the Steelers did 10 months ago!

Dude just got paid, and is now demanding to be paid again lol! He think's he's accomplished everything there is to accomplish for an NFL wide receiver. He ain't even gonna play himself no mo for this NFL

Holy cow... how could anyone seriously consider acquiring this head case?
Sounds like he thinks he will be cut or is trying to get himself cut instead of traded.

Sounds like he thinks he will be cut or is trying to get himself cut instead of traded.

Yea it seems that way

He just seems like too high of a risk with his volatile personality that makes headlines at least once a year

That contract was signed in 2017 not 2018. Normally I wouldn't point out something like that but I think in AB's illiterate little 'love me' pea brain it's an important factor. In terms of practical guarantees his contract pales in comparison to others at the top of the position and he's already rec'd the only guaranteed money in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes