PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

anti-troll campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInNY

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys...we need to start an -anti troll campaign- we shouldnt have to put up with trolls and they're non-sense and i am sick of them so I think we should contact the MODS and ban all trolls, basically take a no-non sense approach. I realize I may be being too broad but I think I can speak w/fellow fans about this issue...your thoughts and or comments...

Last edited:
Wimpy!
Most of you posters have never lived on USENET where really sick trolls can infest the patriots newsgroup at any time. Time to grow a pair and either ignore the trolls or poke fun at them. Your choice.

Me, I never liked the 'go cry to Mommy' approach you advocate

I think we should do something along the lines of having to get a confirmation e-mail after you register to the designated e-mail you inputted. First have the user wait a day until they get an activation code, and then have to input it somewhere else on the site. That would weed out everyone except the true Pats fans.

PatsFanInNY said:
Hey guys...we need to start an -anti troll campaign- we shouldnt have to put up with trolls and they're non-sense and i am sick of them so I think we should contact the MODS and ban all trolls, basically take a no-non sense approach. I realize I may be being too broad but I think I can speak w/fellow fans about this issue...your thoughts and or comments...

If the trolls are smart and funny, I see no problems with letting them hang around. If they do nothing but sow divisive crap and start arguments, we should just ignore them. I've only used the "Ignore" feature of this forum on one person, and that was yesterday - oddly enough he's a Pats fan, too.

No, I don't advocate the run to mommy approach. If you see something you don't like, ignore it :)

PatsFanInNY said:

kind of interesting to see a brand spankin' new poster so fed up

i mean

welcome and all

but maybe pull up a chair and have a have a couple of beers first

Ian does a pretty good job of policing offensive trolls. I don't mind them, if one goes too far he's usually banned.

Flying Fungi said:

i mean

welcome and all

:yeahthat:

Flying Fungi said:

i mean

welcome and all

Hmmmm... reverse anti-troll trolling.

Unless they're belligerent or profane, I couldn't care less. Add them to your ignore list if you don't want to see their posts.

all this idiotic AOL "troll!!!" crap is ridiculous

you don't like what someone says...use the scroll bar...or ignore them

you clowns act like somebody has a gun to your head and is forcing you to put up with their words

the troll population here really isnt so bad. You wanna see trolls? Go to indystar and look at the colts forums. I wish the "pats fans" over there would move on.

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
the troll population here really isnt so bad. You wanna see trolls? Go to indystar and look at the colts forums. I wish the "pats fans" over there would move on.
No kidding, it's actually embarrassing. Then again, I'm glad their misguided foolishness has an outlet on that board, as opposed to this one, Patriots fans or not.

(Edit: and by that, I mean the really baaad Pats Trolls, I know some folks from here and KFFL/Planet are good posters over there... but they seem few and far between.)

Last edited:
Flying Fungi said:
kind of interesting to see a brand spankin' new poster...
They are mutating into a more durable and smarter troll.

Troll this........

PatsWickedPissah said:
Wimpy!
Most of you posters have never lived on USENET where really sick trolls can infest the patriots newsgroup at any time. Time to grow a pair and either ignore the trolls or poke fun at them. Your choice.

Me, I never liked the 'go cry to Mommy' approach you advocate
Well, I don't liek the "let's turn this place into the USENET" approach you advocate.

If you want a wide open no holds barred place, there are plenty of them on the internet. You don't go there because you don't like them.

We don't need a program. This place has a set of rules that were in effect when you came here and you agreed to abide by them. One of the rules was that there was a place for Pats fans and a place for fans of other teams.

What is wrong with that? You can have your anarchy and smack talk any time you want, and the people who just want to talk with other pats fans can do what they want.

The problem (to me) is that some folks, and I include you in this, don't like the fact that there is a place for inter-league discussion and a place for Patsfans discussion. They/you want both areas to fokr interleague.

You can ridicule folks if you want with your cry mommy stuff (bearing in mind that ridicule is the last refuge of the imcompetent), but that fact is that not everyone thinks as you do. There are two areas, and one is set aside for those who think as you do, and one set aside for those who think otherwise.

Why can't you accept that gracefully, rather than try to hog both arenas?

More football talk, less troll talk.

It's nearly playoffs folks. We (or you) can talk about trolls in March. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back