PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anthony Fasano

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOWAKJOE

On the Roster
Reaction score
Anthony Fasano TE from ND has hinted that he may forgo his senor year and enter the draft. This according to The Great Blue North Draft Report. It also said that Charlie Weis feels he his ready to play at the next level.
Could he be in our site this draft? CF may retire or get cut next year, so we may need to draft a TE at some point.

maybe, i said in the other thread, this is a great TE draft, and it just got better...

Unless Vernon Davis (transcends the position--he's THAT good) inexplicably falls, the Pats shouldn't look for a TE, if at all, until late day 2...

I do think the Pats are good in the TE department

...and i just got a DG jersey..

PatDaPatriot said:
Unless Vernon Davis (transcends the position--he's THAT good) inexplicably falls, the Pats shouldn't look for a TE, if at all, until late day 2...

It also looks like Pope from Georgia is coming out. What a weapon that guy could be.

The stud of the TE class is vernon davis. He is Ben Watson but even strong and faster. According to Maryland officials his 40 time is 4.41 which is unheard of for a man 6"3 250.

He's also so ripped you would think he's on roids but the NCAA is real strict on that and I doubt he is.

But he is strong, fast, and seems to be a good guy.
He's the jewel of the TE class.

But then u got guys like a 6"8 pope and mercedes lewis another giant.
I think Fasano would be better served staying in school playing with Brady Quinn will only give him a center stage to display his skills.

If we can re-sign Graham, then we're set at TE for four more years. If we decide to let him walk as a FA, then I'd wait into the 2nd round and see whether any of the TEs fall to us.

With the reported depth in TE's, we don't need to go shopping in the first round this year. If Fauria is re-signed for vet minimum, NE is in good shape for now. However, Grahambo is up for FA after the 2006 season, grabbing one of the better prospects with a trade down in the first/trade up in the second or taking a Fasano to be Fauria's replacement isn't a bad plan.

And just as the idea of 4 TEs on the roster was kicked around in TC, you could see 4 looking good this year with Watson's development as a receiver moving him outside more to take over Given's role....

Last edited:
I definitely see a rookie taking Fauria's spot in 2006.

Lbaron said:
The stud of the TE class is vernon davis. He is Ben Watson but even strong and faster. According to Maryland officials his 40 time is 4.41 which is unheard of for a man 6"3 250.
Uh, Watson ran a 4.41 (ran below 4.4 at one point also). See http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/te/te2/
The time I've usually seen for Vernon Davis is 4.49. Still stellar for a TE, but I don't see how you can say he's faster or stronger than Watson.
Watson also put up 34 reps on the 225# bench which is stellar even for linemen. And, if I remember correctly, a Wonderlic score of around 37.

I don't mean to say Davis isn't good, but Watson is at least as good athletically. The main knock on Davis is that he's shorter than you'd like (listed at 6'2", but speculation that he's only 6'1").

Given the fact that Watson and Graham aren't really being used to their full potential yet, I don't think there's a need to take another TE in round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes