PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Silver Lining on Loss (Ravens still out!)

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Was just watching SNF and I saw the Miami win keeps Baltimore out of the playoffs for now (Miami wins the tie breaker).

Maybe I'm too young to know better, but I hate the Ravens far more than the Phins. Was very happy to see that. Also means that loss to the Pats still stings for the Ravens.

One good thing coming out of today's loss. We weren't going to overtake Baltimore with their upcoming schedule anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but I get we've been good for awhile, but I'd much rather see historically good teams succeed than our divisional rivals who actually despise us win. Like I get the Chiefs/Ravens/Steelers have been in our way, but that was respectable competition. The last thing I want to see is the franchise that celebrated harder than anybody when we lost 19-0 have a chance to win something or the Bills who throw bildos at our players win something. Like I don't care that they've been pathetic.

I really want Cleveland and Miami to get in over Baltimore, but unfortunately it's going to be difficult.

The Browns still have to play Pittsburgh, and the Dolphins have to play Buffalo. If Cleveland and Miami lose those games, then the Giants would need to beat the Ravens.

The only potential upside would be watching Baltimore get spanked in the first round.

I don't know about this thread. I hate the Ravens as much as the next guy, but The Miami Dolphins are and will always be public enemy number 1. Any outcome that increases Miami's odds of success is the worst possible outcome, even if it means success for Baltimore.

And are we really rooting for either of these teams when they play The Chiefs? Can the over 40 crowd not identify with their long-suffering fan base? Can't we appreciate the ascention of a new potential GOAT, having witnessed two decades of our own GOAT? I'd rather have the Chiefs win the next 5 Super Bowls than to see some crap team like Miami win another.

The Patriots will play the third place AFCN team next season, and I think that matchup matters more than who makes the playoffs this season.

Maybe it's just me, but I get we've been good for awhile, but I'd much rather see historically good teams succeed than our divisional rivals who actually despise us win. Like I get the Chiefs/Ravens/Steelers have been in our way, but that was respectable competition. The last thing I want to see is the franchise that celebrated harder than anybody when we lost 19-0 have a chance to win something or the Bills who throw bildos at our players win something. Like I don't care that they've been pathetic.
No fan of the Billdos or LOLphins, for the same reasons plus others, but the Queefs, Squealers & Murderer-Worshippers are mine - and should be Everyone Else's - Real Enemies.

I don't know about this thread. I hate the Ravens as much as the next guy, but The Miami Dolphins are and will always be public enemy number 1. Any outcome that increases Miami's odds of success is the worst possible outcome, even if it means success for Baltimore.

And are we really rooting for either of these teams when they play The Chiefs? Can the over 40 crowd not identify with their long-suffering fan base? Can't we appreciate the ascention of a new potential GOAT, having witnessed two decades of our own GOAT? I'd rather have the Chiefs win the next 5 Super Bowls than to see some crap team like Miami win another.
So much Wrong here...

The Patriots will play the third place AFCN team next season, and I think that matchup matters more than who makes the playoffs this season.
Ravens.

Broncos too even if in Denver, and no Chiefs. Works for me.

With a win next weekend coupled with a Patriots loss the Ravens will overtake the Patriots for 4th on franchise winning percentage.

Can't stand the Ratbirds.....really don't want to see them make the playoffs. To have them go from # 1 seed last year to out of the playoffs this year almost makes up for the Pats missing it.

When our division rivals flounder, and then fire coaches, and try to recreate the wheel, it's good for the Patriots, so I never want to see them succeed in our absence.

The NFL darling of last season Don Martindale has been awfully quiet this season and not participating in team photo celebration after the D makes a play.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back