PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Animosity at the NFL Owners Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsSteve1

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I guess some of you don't read Rom Borgass anymore. When he doesn't write about BB or the Patriots he's not so bad. Had some stuff about what happened at the NFL owners meeting to do the CBA extension and had 2 funny quotes which shows the animosity between the large and small revenue clubs:

This argument over who deserved the (new revenue sharing) money was punctuated when Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, who controls one of the league's richest teams, said he was ready to help any team in a bad circumstance but then turned toward Brown and said, ''But if someone has a publicly funded stadium they pay $1 a year for with no operating costs, I'm not helping that person."

Snyder then looked at Michael Bidwell, son of the Cardinals' longtime owner, and snapped, ''If you have a publicly funded stadium in a great market and charge $10 a game for season tickets in the upper deck, I'm sorry sir, I'm not going to help you."

* And

At one point during the often contentious negotiations, Cowboys owner Jerry
Jones mockingly offered to buy the naming rights to Paul Brown Stadium from the Bengals for $5 million ''because I can double that in about five minutes, Mike (Brown)."

* I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye