Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
BB letting TB leave
Alec Baldwin killing his cinematographer

Who’s legacy is damaged more

GO!

Last edited:

Bruins29

Gun safety would have helped with what he thought was a prop gun? I’m genuinely curious what you mean by this.
I was reading that some of the first things that are taught are checking and double checking to see if there is anything in the gun . Not only in the chamber or mag but to check the barrel to see if it’s obstructed.

obviously the pointing the gun and pulling the trigger stuff may not have applied here because we don’t know what the scene called for.. but it’s a bad sign when many of the crew had walked off then set the day before because of gun safety issues.

Ice_Ice_Brady

Antonio Brown’s New Live-In Chef
PatsFans.com Supporter
I was reading that some of the first things that are taught are checking and double checking to see if there is anything in the gun . Not only in the chamber or mag but to check the barrel to see if it’s obstructed.

obviously the pointing the gun and pulling the trigger stuff may not have applied here because we don’t know what the scene called for.. but it’s a bad sign when many of the crew had walked off then set the day before because of gun safety issues.

Wait - what?!

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter

If this is true, not only should they be paying a gigantic punitive penalty, but manslaughter charges should be considered too. Not necessarily from Baldwin, who is a general douchebag, but likely skates unless there’s some major revelation that he should have known better.

Edit: By “should have known better” I’m referring to criminal and civil definition, which will have a higher bar for intent or negligence.

Bruins29

If this is true, not only should they be paying a gigantic punitive penalty, but manslaughter charges should be considered too. Not necessarily from Baldwin, who is a general douchebag, but likely skates unless there’s some major revelation that he should have known better.

Edit: By “should have known better” I’m referring to criminal and civil definition, which will have a higher bar for intent or negligence.
Agree. They should just hold the producer responsible. He is the boss and is responsible for this sh it show

And the producer ? Alec Baldwin

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Agree. They should just hold the producer responsible. He is the boss and is responsible for this sh it show

And the producer ? Alec Baldwin
You guys are clearly mixing pre-existent opinions of Baldwin with the specifics of the case.

But it's good to know you believe in the swift sure hand of justice, because the far more significant 1/6 hearings are underway, and it's BEEN 9 months. I am sure you're salivating to see some of those guys put behind bars, especially their leader.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
You guys are clearly mixing pre-existent opinions of Baldwin with the specifics of the case.

But it's good to know you believe in the swift sure hand of justice, because the far more significant 1/6 hearings are underway, and it's BEEN 9 months. I am sure you're salivating to see some of those guys put behind bars, especially their leader.

Vaccines thread is a good place to discuss that. Not here.

JarOfMayo51

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner

i cant imagine anything happening to baldwin, nor should it

There are prop masters and weapon smiths on set who's sole responsibility is to manage the handling of firearms on stage.. the actor is just the actor, if someone hands him a prop gun so he can do his scene, hes going to do it, its not his job to ensure everything is safe

Bruins29

There are prop masters and weapon smiths on set who's sole responsibility is to manage the handling of firearms on stage.. the actor is just the actor, if someone hands him a prop gun so he can do his scene, hes going to do it, its not his job to ensure everything is safe
Its the producers responsibility to insure that everyone working on this production is a competent professional because guns are dangerous. He failed and someone died.

Last edited:

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter

One of the top rules of gun safety is to treat every firearm as if it's loaded. Unless you're in a firefight, proper firearms protocol is that you check whatever firearm is handed to you to see what it's condition is even if the person handing it to you just checked it. Baldwin should be held accountable for negligent manslaughter. It's what he has DEMANDED in the past for accidental firearms deaths.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
@JarOfMayo51 - What, exactly, is it that you disagree with? What proper firearms protocol is? The fact that Baldwin is a huge Anti-Gunner and has demanded people be charged with negligent manslaughter in similar cases? Or that your idea that the actor is "just the actor" makes zero sense at all.

TheRainMaker

Face of the Franchise
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Lol I come here to see if any more complaints have been filed towards Bill and I see the thread turning towards Alec Baldwin?

I had to scroll back up to what what thread I was in.