PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Agholor received IV today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambam94

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Nelson Agholor received an IV Saturday morning after feeling sick with " flu-like symptoms."

Rapoport goes on to say Agholor is "feeling better" and should be "fine" for Sunday.

But, but, but, we want the opponents at full strength.:rolleyes:

Puhleeze. I hope they all Donovan from both ends all over the field.

flu-gate? no thanks
I am immunized against gates now, given that there will be gates even without anything actually happening. I am in the camp of getting any advantage possible.

By the way isn’t a bunch of medication considered to be PED? Are the Eagles CHEATING???

There’s two strains of flu going on right now, the most common strain is lasting 7-10 days. The flu hits everyone differently but it has been worse this year. The lungs will typically fill with some amount of fluid causing crackly lungs and a wet cough, the alveolar sacks will also tend to be fluid filled leading to increased temperatures and decreased gas exchange. An IV is only going to help with dehydration, it won’t make the lungs better, only lots of coughing, deep breathing and an incentive spirometer will help with that. Tylenol can help with temperatures and general aches but endurance and stamina during the game tomorrow should still be a huge issue for anyone who still has the flu. Increased activity will only exacerbate symptoms.

If they still have flu on Sunday, it’s going to really suck for them after halftime.

Regardless of strain the flu on average kills 35,000 Americans each year and 400-700,000 people worldwide. I have nothing against Agholor but pooping his pants on the field would be mildly entertaining. Maybe our Janet Jackson moment?
I agree. As long as he lives that would be funny. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye