PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advertisements

Wiluven

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Fairly new member - long time lurker.

Is it possible to become an official member of Patsfans to get rid of the advertisements? The forums are already designed horribly and commit just about every cardinal sin in terms of development/layout and the cherry on top is the insane amount of advertisements with video/sound. Because the site is designed so clunky, it's faster to open up forum posts in new tabs but of course you then have to listen to multiple advertisements with video & sound play at once. Turning off sound is an option but still beyond clunky.

If the answer is 'deal with it' then that's fine :)

Open a post, hear an ad. Click back, hear an ad. Repeat indefinitely.

C`mon man!

Fairly new member - long time lurker.

Is it possible to become an official member of Patsfans to get rid of the advertisements? The forums are already designed horribly and commit just about every cardinal sin in terms of development/layout and the cherry on top is the insane amount of advertisements with video/sound. Because the site is designed so clunky, it's faster to open up forum posts in new tabs but of course you then have to listen to multiple advertisements with video & sound play at once. Turning off sound is an option but still beyond clunky.

If the answer is 'deal with it' then that's fine :)

Someone else had mentioned this and since the ads are done through a network, I don't really have much control over what comes through. I just requested to have non-initiated audio shut off, so as long as you don't mouseover one or click one nothing should make any sounds. But obviously let me know if you're still experiencing an issue.

Regarding your additional complaints regarding development/layout, unfortunately you're not giving me much in terms of actual suggestions in terms of why you feel that way. "Clunky" unfortunately only tells me so much, but if you'd like to expand further and tell me more descriptively what your issue is I'd be happy to see if I can't tweak some things to see if I can't improve them. :cool:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back