PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adressing Defense with new Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
(Sorry for grmmar - I'm not native English speaker)

What would Moss do for you?

Our offence changed from short-and mid- range to Big Strike Offence. Like Indianapolis. How our (and other) teams approach that kind of Offences? Their offences trying to go sustain the long drives – to keep them out of field, we discuss this before each game with Indy or Bengals.

So, our defense will, probably, see 2 different offensive sets. One would be in the beginning of the game, trying to run the ball and use short-range passes. Age of the linebackers is not playing great role here – they could concentrate on he short stuff/run stopping. Then, when we (hopefully) would have a couple touchdowns lead, opponent would have to abandon run game and switch to pass mode – and there would go sets like Vrabel-Thomas-Colvin in linebacker position and Harrison as 4-th linebacker – cover guy, with 2 available now free safeties. And they could pass rush from any position here.

It would result, in my opinion, bigger suck stats from our guys (including Green as rushing D-lineman), increase of interceptions and turnovers. Samuel would get another 10+ season, as an example – because opposite QB would be running for their life and scared all second half.

So, may be addressing offence Belichick and Pioli addressed defense – hiding problems and playing to strength.

Good point, no kak zhe polychilos' chto ty stal poklonikom Patriots?

Well I think any NFL team prefers to get a big lead and then have their defense hold onto it. So in that respect a hearty offense does have a defensive benefit.

No question that the Patriots need to play differently all around - offense and defense - when they are behind by a few TDs than when they are up by a few TDs

But generally speaking, a zebra can't change its stripes and I think most NFL teams are going to run the same type of offense for the 1st half no matter what score the Patriots offense might run up.

You'll see some reactions and different defensive schems in the 2nd half but that happens all the time anyway.

in any event each game is completely different and its impossible to predict as of now.

I have to think that with MORE offensive threats..a team playing from behind WOULD have to change its offense somewhat..OR basically lose easier..so???
More mickel dime sets..less looking at the run..again generalization..but I think things to think about. ..in a larger picture.

Brady, Moss, and co. gets the early lead and Maroney wears them down.

Brady, Moss, and co. gets the early lead and Maroney wears them down.
And I think this is where another big back...Evans/Morris/Hairston helps out...plus shorter passes.....Yes I agree long drives and..eating time up..I LOVE IT!!

(Sorry for grmmar - I'm not native English speaker)

It would result, in my opinion, bigger suck stats from our guys (including Green as rushing D-lineman), increase of interceptions and turnovers.

You may not have English as a first language, but you have just invented a new football term, "suck stats." Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes