PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I’m not spending my time laughing at and mocking him. Don’t pretend like you care about him getting help.

You're the fraud. I have not been in his corner as a football player. But even I can see this is a human being who needs help NOW. You pretend to be for him

Sure, you are honoring and respecting him while advocating for this obviously brain injured person to get back on a football field.

Keep patting yourself on the back, Nobel Peace Prize Winner.

Last edited:
The only problem is the ENABLERS. They are what is killing this young man.

He needs help. The only people standing between him and getting medical help are the folks who are financially scabbing off of him and the fans who see him only as a disposable football talent.

Sorry, but your fake concern for the young man is transparent. Go pretend cry about something else.

He has been enabled for so long, from his entourage to the Steelers. I’ve pointed out that the balcony incident happened while he was a Steeler but didn’t get any scrutiny from the league (of course...it’s the Steelers.). We can basically assume now that tons of other stuff was swept under the rug in Pittsburgh.

The hope was that the Patriots could set him straight if they surrounded him with an outstanding leader like Brady and a group of players committed to excellence on and off the field; sounds cheesy but has worked, and not worked, in the past. It didn’t work out. No point beating an already dead, beaten, dead, beaten horse about the who and why. It was disappointing that the plug was pulled so soon because New England was probably the best chance for him to get help.

I wish him the best and hope he gets help, but I’m not going to feign like I care so much about him. There are many causes out there and battles to fight. Part of this is mental illness...part of this is just being an entitled, monumental *******. Fixing being an ******* seems a lot easier to do but he doesn’t appear to be trying with that.

Sure, you are honoring and respecting him while advocating for an obviously brain injured person to get back on the field.

Keep patting yourself on the back, Nobel Peace Prize Winner.

Nice to see you starting to show respect and concern for what he is going through rather than mocking him. A step in the right direction.

Nice to see you starting to show respect and concern for what he is going through rather than mocking him. A step in the right direction.

I've been consistent all along - he's a schmuck with an illness. Even schmucks should get treatment when they have a bad medical situation.

"Respect and Concern"??????? You and his hangers-on "honor" him like Chicken Hawks waving flags. It's all good, as long as it ain't you, right? His "friends" and "fans" who advocated for him playing this year are nothing but users.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
Collin Dunlap's take on AB includes things posters have said here but he cites personnel experience with AB that is insightful in drawing the starting point of the arc for his downward spiral.
Dunlap: Burfict Hit Changed Antonio Brown's Life

Close in-law was a renowned MD. Top of the profession. Around 2008 he hit his head hard skateboarding. MAJOR brain injury & personality change. Lost his job. Drugs, alcohol, strippers living with him ripping him off, constantly known to the police. I am ashamed to say I wrote him off. Convinced the cops would find a way to do him in. But he has a sister who stood by the years. Miraculously and thanks to her and the patient's own efforts, he completely recovered. Completely. Became a better person than before when he was full of himself. Spent last few years substance free, remarried well and is a really pleasant person I'm honored to know.
Life never stops with the challenges because 4 years ago, 3 years after recovery he was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. As a physician he researched everything, traveling across country for a specialized treatment. Again miraculously he's beaten the odds for a few years as he's vanquished the metastasized cancer to a degree its shrunk and dormant.
People can sometimes recover from bad brain injury though odds are tough. Key is a personal caring support system surrounding them and of course the right treatment A big money athlete surrounded by exploiters almost has no chance. The AB saga is like a Greek tragedy. Hero torn down by fatal flaw.

Close in-law was a renowned MD. Top of the profession. Around 2008 he hit his head hard skateboarding. MAJOR brain injury & personality change. Lost his job. Drugs, alcohol, strippers living with him ripping him off, constantly known to the police. I am ashamed to say I wrote him off. Convinced the cops would find a way to do him in. But he has a sister who stood by the years. Miraculously and thanks to her and the patient's own efforts, he completely recovered. Completely. Became a better person than before when he was full of himself. Spent last few years substance free, remarried well and is a really pleasant person I'm honored to know.
Life never stops with the challenges because 4 years ago, 3 years after recovery he was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. As a physician he researched everything, traveling across country for a specialized treatment. Again miraculously he's beaten the odds for a few years as he's vanquished the metastasized cancer to a degree its shrunk and dormant.
People can sometimes recover from bad brain injury though odds are tough. Key is a personal caring support system surrounding them and of course the right treatment A big money athlete surrounded by exploiters almost has no chance. The AB saga is like a Greek tragedy. Hero torn down by fatal flaw.

Great story, and so true in the big picture.

Someone near AB who actually GIVES A **** about him as a human being has got to stop the music and get him into treatment. It should have been done months ago.

Last edited:
Great story, and so true in the big picture.

Someone near AB who actually GIVES A **** about him as a human being has got to stop the music and get him into treatment. It should have been done months ago.

That was Chelsie Kyriss. She stuck with him through a lot, but he has chased her away now. Brady, the mere happenstance in his life could have help the most I believe. Because AB would have finally, in a long time, found someone whom he will have perceived as not wanting anything from him materially or out to get him. Brady could have reached him and he was on that journey. I think outside of football, Brady saw AB as someone he wanted to try and positively influence and when he was cut, he took it very personal. I remember hearing Brady talking about a deep hurt inside AB and how he was just lashing out because of it.
I think his trainer is the closest person with any sort of influence.

I just love the select posters who stand upon their lofty perch of geographic superiority. Hey, you're right, we in Florida are looking to be just like yours: a model of truth, justice and devoid of corruption by pols, police and prosecutors. :rolleyes:

I'll agree with you if you can find a Bugs Bunny sawing New England off the map gif.

giphy (11).gif

Well at least we are both very consistent.

I leave the pretend caring to others.

Me.... I hope AB’s self destruction reaches epic proportions in the most public fashion possible.

This whole situation can be used as an episode in Black Mirror.

Man knows a good example to lead him when he sees one. Can give him that.

Ball no longer in Early Bird’s court. Things are so much different when you don’t have the GOAT playing on a discounted contract. Maybe should have gotten his input on the release before Bobbing.

Well be shocked then, TB approves.

Not everyone is as sanctimonious as the geniuses on this forum.
You sure Tom still approves? I may be wrong, but I thought AB's kids were present in that most recent expletive-filled tirade at their mom. If true, it wouldn't shock me if that was the line crossed in both Tom's and Giselle's minds in supporting him.

Regards,
Chris

Not with the Pats. If they want Brady back, I see them signing AJ Green or Amari Cooper out of nowhere as soon as FA starts. Maybe even throw in a TE. The big shocker would be OBJ trade, but that seems more like a draft day trade.

Well be shocked then, TB approves.

Not everyone is as sanctimonious as the geniuses on this forum.
I gave that guy the benefit of the doubt, but his last two videos he aired to world showing him yelling at the cops makes him look like trash.

Not with the Pats. If they want Brady back, I see them signing AJ Green or Amari Cooper out of nowhere as soon as FA starts. Maybe even throw in a TE. The big shocker would be OBJ trade, but that seems more like a draft day trade.

I gave that guy the benefit of the doubt, but his last two videos he aired to world showing him yelling at the cops makes him look like trash.

Long as he’s in shape, can run sharp routes, can get open and help us win a championship......... I don’t care. I am not going to be friends with him. All the sweeter if he comes almost free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back