PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this dynasty depended entirely on keeping a crazy man sane for six months it deserves to die.
Yeah we cut an All-World receiver and relied on two rookies and a handful of nice guy JAGs. And guess what? They sucked. They sucked hard and our offense was pitiful because of it.

They were looking at 19-0 with AB. Instead Kraft ruined everything and we can maybe expect a wild card berth next season but probably be behind the Buffalo Bills in the standings. Then we'll descend back into being the Patsies. Hope that is worth keeping our teams integrity that doesn't even exist.

Several of us have said this was going to happen. That our defense was overrated and that Brady was never going to get on the same page with his shart good guy receivers. And whadda ya know. All the people who supported cutting him would be moist right now, waiting for the Super Bowl. Instead we are all dry as a bone.

Yes, I'm salty and y'all should be too. Our season and the dynasty did not have to end so disastrously with Brady walking out the door on a pick six.

Last edited:
Personally I'm somewhat relieved that the judge ordered a psychiatric evaluation. He needs it. Hopefully it will lead to some help.
I don't have a lot of faith in a court-ordered psych evaluation as a condition for bail. Probably too quick and will only scratch the surface of his issues. If a plea deal includes psychotherapy over several sessions (think Good Will Hunting for a loose comparison), I think that might serve him better.

Regards,
Chris

Court-ordered psych evaluations won't do anything. It's not real help, it's just a condition for bail. Brown needs real help. This incident appears to be a farce from beginning to end on everybody's side, from perpetrator to court, and I doubt the clown show ends with Brown sprinting away in his green suit. His motley attorneys have too much money to make.

His attorney said he is being overcharged, which we all know FL is famous for, so I believe it. This will be pled down to a misdemeanor as long as SA doesn't want to make an example out of him, which we also know they are apt to do. I trust the incompetent FL cops will have screwed something up giving the SA no choice but to drop these crazy charges.

It’s funny how FL police corruption is now overshadowing the small misdemeanors of both Kraft and Brown. What a state.

I doubt the clown show ends with Brown sprinting away in his green suit.
:D:D:D
That was pretty funny, running in the wrong direction in his green suit.

Its almost like he is starting his own reality show. Theater of the absurd.

:D:D:D
That was pretty funny, running in the wrong direction in his green suit.

Its almost like he is starting his own reality show. Theater of the absurd.

It's gotten to the point where the last year of Brown's life has felt like this increasingly elaborate method acting skit and if he came out and was like "surprise, it was all a bit!" I feel like I wouldn't bat an eye. Though to be fair, the last football guy who had a year like that was Aaron Hernandez, who went from lovable bro to murderer to oh wait not just murderer but serial killer to probably gay? to dead to oh yeah this guy's brain was just mush.

So yeah Brown's brain is probably just mush, and he's being circled by all the crows that pick at the mentally unwell.

Yeah we cut an All-World receiver and relied on two rookies and a handful of nice guy JAGs. And guess what? They sucked. They sucked hard and our offense was pitiful because of it.

They were looking at 19-0 with AB. Instead Kraft ruined everything and we can maybe expect a wild card berth next season but probably be behind the Buffalo Bills in the standings. Then we'll descend back into being the Patsies. Hope that is worth keeping our teams integrity that doesn't even exist.

Several of us have said this was going to happen. That our defense was overrated and that Brady was never going to get on the same page with his shart good guy receivers. And whadda ya know. All the people who supported cutting him would be moist right now, waiting for the Super Bowl.

Yes, I'm salty and y'all should be too. Our season and the dynasty did not have to end so disastrously with Brady walking out the door on a pick six.

Holyshit, you do not stop. We get it. You wanted AB.

Holyshit, you do not stop. We get it. You wanted AB.
Remember that Dolphins game in Week 2? You wanted more of it, I know you did. We were all salivating that day when AB caught the back shoulder TD. That was when our season peaked. After that? *puke*.

This past season post AB was less watchable than the 2018-2019 Celtics.

Last edited:

Several of us have said this was going to happen. That our defense was overrated and that Brady was never going to get on the same page with his shart good guy receivers. And whadda ya know. All the people who supported cutting him would be moist right now, waiting for the Super Bowl.

Let alone that this isn’t the NBA and no single player can “save an NFL team’s season”, but you actually want to rely on Antonio the Circus Freak who right now is going full Piersall and is a millimeter away from barking like a dog at passing cars? Did Burfickt hit you too?

BTW, did you see that video today of him leaving the courthouse? It looks like he can’t learn a route tree these days anyway. :D

Let alone that this isn’t the NBA and no single player can “save an NFL team’s season”, but you actually want to rely on Antonio the Circus Freak who right now is going full Piersall and is a millimeter away from barking like a dog at passing cars? Did Burfickt hit you too? :D

I’d rather rely on an All-World receiver who barks at cars like a dog than the alleged blazing speed of Philip Dorsett.

Philip’s a really nice person by the way. That is the most important thing for a football team.

Let alone that this isn’t the NBA and no single player can “save an NFL team’s season”, but you actually want to rely on Antonio the Circus Freak who right now is going full Piersall and is a millimeter away from barking like a dog at passing cars? Did Burfickt hit you too?

BTW, did you see that video today of him leaving the courthouse? It looks like he can’t learn a route tree these days anyway. :D

Just want to let you know that Sanu, who was following AB as his volunteer mentor, just reached the bottom of the courthouse steps. Expected to reach the parking lot by tomorrow morning. He knows exactly where to go.

I’d rather rely on an All-World receiver who barks at cars like a dog than the alleged blazing speed of Philip Dorsett.

Philip’s a really nice person by the way. That is the most important thing for a football team.

Doesnt matter how talented a player is if he doesn’t respect a coach’s authority, play or show up to practices and games. His brain has been melting the past year. I would nt let him babysit my goldfish. The dudes about to change his name to Amy Winehouse.

Doesnt matter how talented a player is if he doesn’t respect a coach’s authority, play or show up to practices and games. His brain has been melting the past year. I would nt let him babysit my goldfish. The dudes about to change his name to Amy Winehouse.

So much wrong here. Nothing suggested he wouldn’t respect Belichick’s authority and nothing suggested he wouldn’t have shown up to practice or cared. Hell worst case scenario Tom could have driven him to work every day. And Tom would probably have done that happily.

So much wrong here. Nothing suggested he wouldn’t respect Belichick’s authority and nothing suggested he wouldn’t have shown up to practice or cared. Hell worst case scenario Tom could have driven him to work every day. And Tom would probably have done that happily.

Evidently you’ve missed his reality show the past 4 months. It’s been a study in how a brain can melt. Right now it’s about to go from liquid state to gaseous.

Evidently you’ve missed his reality show the past 4 months. It’s been a study in how a brain can melt. Right now it’s about to go from liquid state to gaseous.
You are in denial, we’d be eagerly awaiting a Super Bowl right now. AB can still catch passes, gaseous brain or not.

You are in denial, we’d be eagerly awaiting a Super Bowl right now. AB can still catch passes, gaseous brain or not.

LOL. He was running the wrong route out of that courthouse!

It’s funny how FL police corruption is now overshadowing the small misdemeanors of both Kraft and Brown. What a state.

I just love the select posters who stand upon their lofty perch of geographic superiority. Hey, you're right, we in Florida are looking to be just like yours: a model of truth, justice and devoid of corruption by pols, police and prosecutors. :rolleyes:

I just love the select posters who stand upon their lofty perch of geographic superiority. Hey, you're right, we in Florida are looking to be just like yours: a model of truth, justice and devoid of corruption by pols, police and prosecutors. :rolleyes:

Yikes.

Collin Dunlap's take on AB includes things posters have said here but he cites personnel experience with AB that is insightful in drawing the starting point of the arc for his downward spiral.
Dunlap: Burfict Hit Changed Antonio Brown's Life

Last edited:
Collin Dunlap's take on AB includes things posters have said here but he cites personnel experience with AB that is insight in drawing the beginning of the arc of downward spiral.
Dunlap: Burfict Hit Changed Antonio Brown's Life

I'm amazed that this thread is close to reaching 1000 threads and is still going strong.

According to that story, all of AB's major incidents took place after the hit by Burfict. Does that change anything for the 'kick him when he's down' crowd? Maybe Kraft could have supported him instead of dumping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots