PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted AB and even said if they resigned him I would run around my neighborhood naked, however with the recent video he posted and the way he interacted with the police I am all set.
This is who he is and has been hiding behind that smile. That is what most people in the SI hit piece were telling the world.
He is not a good human being, he is just a good WR and that is all. If your team is filled with just good people and you have an image to protect then I guess AB is not for you.
It will be unfair for the NFL to suspend him in addition to what they have effectively done to him.

Last edited:
Seems like the NFl is making up its rules here. Everyone should be treated the same. AB hasn’t been guilty of anything.

Everyone should be treated the same. What makes you think he's being treated differently? I would submit to you and all the other Antoniots that he isn't being treated any differently than anyone else would be under his exact circumstances. That no one else in the 100 year history of the game has found themselves in the position AB has put himself in speaks volumes, none of it good.

AB has most certainly been guilty of a laundry list of bad judgements, aberrant missteps and the type of behavior that would make any organization or employer have grave reservations about welcoming him with open arms. Randomly throwing a dart at just one of his more moderate loose cannon moments:

"Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly ! Making money off my sweat and blood F**k the @nfl I’ll never play in that s**t treat black people the worse! Clear my name and go f**k your self"

— AB (@AB84) November 7, 2019
(bolded emphasis added)

Can't imagine why an organization he essentially called racist might be a tad cautious in terms of bringing him back into the fold :rolleyes:

Anyone agreeing to this needs to stop complaining about the way Goodell treated Pats during deflategate. There is zero due process in the NFL. If you are uppity you get blackballed and destroyed. The 32 know how to send a message to the rest of the herd. Shameful.

So AB is getting suspended for what exactly? Anyone? If it’s about the painter that’s bull. That’s not a threat. A threat is Tyreek Hill.

Pissing off 3 NFL owners.

Anyone agreeing to this needs to stop complaining about the way Goodell treated Pats during deflategate. There is zero due process in the NFL. If you are uppity you get blackballed and destroyed. The 32 know how to send a message to the rest of the herd. Shameful.

You know what's truly shameful? Comparing AB, who has been a total and complete azz, getting frozen out with Tom F Brady getting FRAMED.

I guess we have to learn to live with poor route running, dropped passes and a lack of separation for the rest of the year!

You know what's truly shameful? Comparing AB, who has been a total and complete azz, getting frozen out with Tom F Brady getting FRAMED.
You're too smart to know that's not what I am doing. Even azzholes have a right to due process.

Watch how Her Fuehrer Goodel treats the so-called cheating in spygate 2.0

I guess we have to learn to live with poor route running, dropped passes and a lack of separation for the rest of the year!
Trading away a 2nd round pick for Mohamed Sanu at the deadline was supposed to be their way of combating the WR issues. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out, partially due to injury. Now that he’s healed up a bit and has been upgraded, we’ll find out quickly how much the injury held him back, as well as how the remaining games in 2019 are likely to end up.

source.gif

...radioactive.
The question now is whether Brown is more or less radioactive than Kap.

Trading away a 2nd round pick for Mohamed Sanu at the deadline was supposed to be their way of combating the WR issues. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out, partially due to injury. Now that he’s healed up a bit and has been upgraded, we’ll find out quickly how much the injury held him back, as well as how the remaining games in 2019 are likely to end up.
Echoing Skip Bayless, N’Keal Harry is this team's ray of hope. If Harry can be that second receiving option who we feature on the outside, Sanu can be more of a situational player on the inside as the no. 3. This would mean Dorsett can be no. 4 and work on not being a ghost. And Jacobi Meyers can learn the offense since he has been running the wrong routes since the preseason.

In this scenario and with a potential bye, we can get Edelman/Sanu healthy during a week off and have three good receiving options to complement James White's contributions out of the backfield by the postseason. Would this suddenly be a scary offense? No. But it is far better than the fiasco we fielded against the Ravens, Texans, and Chiefs. With a good offensive effort, we can win in the postseason as long as the defense finds a way to continue it's excellent play.

N’Keal Harry is this team's ray of hope. If Harry can be that second receiving option who we feature on the outside, Sanu can be more of a situational player on the inside as the no. 3. This would mean Dorsett can be no. 4 and work on not being a ghost.
tenor.gif

After we beat the Bills on Saturday, treat the Jets Game like a preseason game for Sanu and Edelman...

Would like to see a healthy cadre of WR's for the Tournament..

Sanu certainly underperformed but if JE is as hurt as is being reported thank God they got him....as long as he produces of course

Can we also put the 'if Bob hadn't gotten a handy-J at a sex spa for sex hookers we could have kept AB' canard to bed now?

Even if Bob wasn't getting his pickle polished AB's behavior would have resulted in him being cut. He's done some wacko stuff.

Had Kraft not dumped AB to take the heat off of himself then AB could have played here and not been suspended.

What exactly is AB being suspended for anyway? Being a Patriot? He's the same wacko that played for years in Pittsburgh without being suspended.

You're too smart to know that's not what I am doing. Even azzholes have a right to due process.

Watch how Her Fuehrer Goodel treats the so-called cheating in spygate 2.0

Due process is for a court of law, the NFL is a private concern.

The NFLPA should try to get something into the CBA to this effect, as doesn't what happened to AB (not that I'm advocating for that person) show that if all the owners "cooperate" (or if the Commish puts out the word that this guy is going on the exempt list if anyone signs him), a player can be de facto suspended without really being suspended, and still be suspended some more if anyone dares to sign him?

AB dug his own grave, and probably doesn't pay for (or listen to) good lawyers, but there's something stinky about how this was handled, and it seems like the "procedure" could be used again to really screw some lesser-troubled players who might be subject to a "lengthy investigation" while they are unsigned by any team...

How about the "procedure" of dumping it's greatest QB ever for 4 games based on nothing and having the owners' trained monkey lie about it under oath on appeal?

I'm not a fan of Brown but this whole thing stinks and is just another brick in the wall between myself and the NYFL. I can't wait for TB12 to retire so I can dump this clown show for good.

Last edited:
After we beat the Bills on Saturday, treat the Jets Game like a preseason game for Sanu and Edelman...

Would like to see a healthy cadre of WR's for the Tournament..

I think the Pats have to win out to get the #2 seed over KC, who I doubt will lose to Chi or LAC.

No one signed him. Therefore the league didn't have to act. Should someone had signed him (or kept him), IMO he would have been put on the exempt list, and then given his sentence, after review.

If Kraft didn't dump him then there was no reason for anyone to act. The guy was here and playing.

You do realize, don't you, that if Early-Bird Bobby hadn't bent over and dropped 'em for Stokoe that Clowntonio's "six-game suspension" would've come and gone by now?

If Kraft didn't dump him why would Brown have been suspended by the NYFL?

This is somehow the case in the same universe where Tyreek Hill is playing without issue. Amazing.

Not really amazing to me. Hill plays for one of the Pats' rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots