SOURCE:CBS Boston

SOURCE:98.5 The Sports Hub

SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

AB UPDATE: crazy fight w/ ex-wife, dropped by Rosenhaus, picked up by police

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by oldrover, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Kdo5

Kdo5 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,109
    Still should have kept him. As long as he was helping us win IDC if he is a head case.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,894
    But we know that's not how Belichick operates. It doesn't matter if someone isn't prioritizing football because they're lazy, doing drugs, an AB level headcase, or out there shooting people. If your priority isn't football you're not going to make it on this team.

I dunno, seems to have worked well so far.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  3. primetime

primetime Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,180
    You're only as good as the money you're making to an agent. Rosenhaus doesn't think he's going to play again, or at least judged the money was no longer worth the headache. Probably the former.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Froob

Froob Independent Investigator & pliable af PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +36,155
    Never should have cut Hernandez. He could have helped us this season.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  5. Vindicate

Vindicate Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,083
    Hm, Rosenhaus suddenly gets worried and tells him to get help when he can't make money off of him anymore.

I told you guys, while AB is certainly at fault, everyone around him saw money and winning. They enabled it because of that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Froob

Froob Independent Investigator & pliable af PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +36,155
    I mean, Rosenhaus isn’t his mom lol. They’re business partners basically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,338
    Right...because the NFLPA (who the NFL is trying to butter up) would have just sat back and not cared if the league set a new precedent by exempt listing a player who was never charged with a violent crime, never reported to have committed the crime, and who was offered money to by the accused to drop the lawsuit. That’s why it’s questionable that he would have been Exempt Listed, and if he were, you can bet there would be pressure from the NFLPA to move quickly on a resolution considering the reach there. So the loophole was not having him on a roster and therefore no longer being an NFL player...but they just needed one good monkey (Kraft) to follow commands.

Enjoy watching that great guy Tyreek Hill knife through the defense on Sunday. He can beat his baby momma into a pulp, break his son’s arm, and the PR NFL machine can spin any player discipline the way they want. Always a bullsht explanation as to why one guy is guilty and the other not guilty. They are both pieces of sht, as are many players who are involved in shady things the league covers up, but Brown is suddenly not just a piece of sht but an unemployable piece of sht the moment he dons the uniform of the most hated team in the league, based on the opinion of many jealous, petty, shthead owners.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BUSTAMOVE

BUSTAMOVE Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,826
    I will never trust anything Goodell does or says. He was going to make sure AB did not play this year and the NFLPA could not do anything to stop it because they are powerless under this present contract. Look what happened when the NFL blackballed Kapernick or Deflategate what did the NFLPA do then. NOTHING. The NFL let Hill off because it was a personal matter and it died as quick as it started. Hill is a scumbag he beat his kid. But he and the NFL let it die down. AB on the other hand was showing up the NFL with his non stop drama continuously casting a dark cloud on their 100th Anniversary tour. I don’t take a side on all of this because it is not a court of law or court of public opinion it is the court of Goodell and the NFL
    Hill and AB are scum in my opinion. I would be happy if neither ever played again. I don’t care if it is justified it is just my wants. The NFL is entertainment and controls the narrative. Legality’s don’t matter.
    The point I was making is that it was obvious that Goodell put a hit on AB and Kraft acted accordingly.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Ivan

Ivan Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +24,193
    Sign the beast.

10. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +5,868
    Rosenhaus?

Regards,
    Chris

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. dtbrks

dtbrks In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +723
    damn. I was trying to pull an AB and people took me seriously
    Lol

12. MainePatsFan26

MainePatsFan26 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,384
    I agree with you that there was a "burn the witch" mentality with Brown once he signed with the Patriots. I never wanted him to stay because of the circus he brought to the locker room with his social media antics. But an even greater reason of why he needed to go was because it provided Goodell, the league, and media an excuse to sniff around and find/create other problems with the team.

The difference between Brown and guys like Hill, to follow up on one of your points, is that owners/the league brass can't tolerate CRAZY. Brown is a CTE posterboy and reminds the general public -- and average player -- of the dangers of this game. Brown is going off the rails and this underlines to the general public that football (and more specifically Vontze Burfict) can destroy lives.

On the other hand, for many Americans a guy like Hill is acceptable. Yes, he is a monster. But they justify watching a monster like him play because he is -- for them -- *just* living up to their view of black men . From a racist perspective, it only makes sense for a black man to beat his kids because they are "just born that way" and "don't know any better." Goodell understands that you can keep a player like Hill or Adrian Peterson around because once the dust settles none of the fans will care enough to stop watching.

But Brown is different. He is CRAZY around the clock. He brings up race with the "No More White Woman 2020" campaign. He jokes about abuse on Twitter rather than keeping actual abuse within the confines of the home. In the end, Brown is a diva and embodiment of the NFL's meat grinder's ugly side. While Brown has always been an @ss, all the head injuries must have caused some of this, right? Brown makes fans confront that question with every breath he takes these days.

Having Brown spiraling while employed by the NFL would be too radioactive. For a league more concerned with optics than any semblance of moral authority, Brown had to go and has to stay gone.

Unlike guys like Hill, Brown doesn't feel like you can figure him out. He might as well be the Joker post falling in a vat of acid. And that fact scares guys like Goodell who like predictable violations like a little domestic violence here and child abuse there.

Let's just get Brown help before it is too late - there is something wrong with him psychologically and/or physiologically that could explode worse than even now. I fear for his ex-girlfriend and kids and I hope they stay away.

ps. I'm sorry if this post felt too cynical. I am disgusted with Goodell's behavior and lack of positive leadership and really feel he needs to go.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  13. 203Pat

203Pat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,076
    Lol what the hell

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,086
    Is this giving a cap saving tip to Kraft Commish the same Commish stringing Kraft's org out on the latest video fiasco?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BUSTAMOVE

BUSTAMOVE Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,826
    When Goodell wants something he plays ball. When the ball is in his court he holds on to it. He is the Massiah

• Sad Sad x 1
  16. Ring 6

Ring 6 PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +6,835
    Why would the Nflpa have anything to do with it? They have no power and goodell has unilateral control over the exempt list and like the Brady case he can be 100% proven wrong and it doesnt matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,338
    I can see the hook coming out of the worm.

• Confused Confused x 1
  18. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,338
    And to everyone who thinks the league is blackballing AB over his off-field behavior, you guys are delusional. The league (with the help of Bendover Bobby, who made this all possible) is blackballing him because of what he did to the Raiders. In a sense, he really stole from them; with his antics, he gave them no choice but to release him, after signing a big contract with them. So the Raiders were basically robbed, which is where the NYFL's hostility is coming from. As I said, Rosenhaus dumping him means he will never play again. Teams will use the excuse that this is due to his mental instability and off-field antics, but that would not be a real reason why no one would take a shot on him. They've taken on much more despicable athletes like Tyreek Hill, Greg Hardy, were going to sweep under the rug Ray Rice and that despicable Giants kicker (those are just recent examples). The blackballing has everything to do with him fleecing/stealing from an NFL owner. He is finished.

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. rochrist

rochrist Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,173
    Despicable is not the same thing as insane.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. shmessy

shmessy . PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,184
    You forgot the word “gummy”.