PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was always, to me, an uneasiness about relying on these types of guys, against the grain of the purported mentality of the franchise.
The tendency was to err on the side of good guys who are reliable, consistent and team players.
They’ve won a lot with that prescription and going against it has left them short.
There are other examples; Lloyd, Moss, haynesworth, Floyd, 84, etc (I don’t include Dillon in this group) some worked out, most didn’t.
Ironically veering from valuing stable, consistent guys seems to be most of the mistake that hurt the most.

not fair

lots of guys worked out that were considered malcontent. Dillon, Moss, Stallworth, BEnnett, Hicks, etc

If true... IF true... more vindication for cutting him when they did.

And I am NOT doing this to chum the waters.

...GIF notwithstanding. o_O

You do realize, don't you, that if Early-Bird Bobby hadn't bent over and dropped 'em for Stokoe that Clowntonio's "six-game suspension" would've come and gone by now?

The NFLPA should try to get something into the CBA to this effect, as doesn't what happened to AB (not that I'm advocating for that person) show that if all the owners "cooperate" (or if the Commish puts out the word that this guy is going on the exempt list if anyone signs him), a player can be de facto suspended without really being suspended, and still be suspended some more if anyone dares to sign him?
I agree there needs to be some clarity in the new CBA. I may not like AB, but he should have rights as a member of the Union. To leave a player in limbo for so long should not be allowed.

What has Brown done (that's been proven) that warrants a suspension?

What has Brown done (that's been proven) that warrants a suspension?
He cheated on the test and still does not have all the answers. It was also reported that he slept through OTAs.

Whether you like him or not this is absolutely bull **** he’s already serving a suspension of 15 games from this year

not fair

lots of guys worked out that were considered malcontent. Dillon, Moss, Stallworth, BEnnett, Hicks, etc
Stallworth Dillon Hicks and Bennett don’t fit that mold to me. Not at all.
of course the other bennett sh-t the bed

Also he’s getting twice the number of games as woman beaters unreal

He cheated on the test and still does not have all the answers. It was also reported that he slept through OTAs.
If Brown was on the team his Quarterback would be passing the test

This is somehow the case in the same universe where Tyreek Hill is playing without issue. Amazing.

Between him and Gordon its almost like Bill sorta knows what he's doing...whouda thunk it.

I think Kraft cut Brown, but on Gordon I think they had strict expectations and cut him when they saw signs of slipping.

This is somehow the case in the same universe where Tyreek Hill is playing without issue. Amazing.

I have been outspoken about not wanting Brown, but it’s because of who he is, but I definitely think the NFL just makes sh.t up as they go, and their is no fairness or consistency in the way they discipline players and teams.

I wanted AB and even said if they resigned him I would run around my neighborhood naked, however with the recent video he posted and the way he interacted with the police I am all set.

No. He was released and was free to sign with anyone.

Because he is under investigation and that would carry with it going on the exempt list (...and teams needing to pay him) is what most likely deterred GMs from signing him.

I can't believe this wouldn't be construed as collusion.

Sign and pay him to go on a list where no one knows what's next except eventual suspension. And keep him in this limbo for an entire season.

AB's got issues, but how does this fly?

So AB is getting suspended for what exactly? Anyone? If it’s about the painter that’s bull. That’s not a threat. A threat is Tyreek Hill.

Seems like the NFl is making up its rules here. Everyone should be treated the same. AB hasn’t been guilty of anything.

Where are all the know it alls? it’s disgusting that fans sh!t on the franchise after all this success. Makes me sick

I can't believe this wouldn't be construed as collusion.

Sign and pay him to go on a list where no one knows what's next except eventual suspension. And keep him in this limbo for an entire season.

AB's got issues, but how does this fly?
NFLPA is toothless. Only explanation.

Despite what some of the intellects on this sub thing, the memo the NFL sent out was clearly telegraphing "this guy is under a serious investigation, the exempt list is a thing, sign him at your own peril". There's no qualification for being placed on the exempt list.

It was almost a guarantee he would have been placed on it and we would be paying him all year while he sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots