PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats don't make the Super Bowl I REALLY hope Antonio Brown wins Super Bowl MVP for new Orleans en route to a Saints SB win....and I hope Krafty Bob truly feels the wrath of the fans who fork over their hard earned money to watch his Football team every week...that is, if Krafty Bob takes a break from his Asian Happy Endings
Short of a Pats win, THIS scenario would be "unequivocally the sweetest"
Shocker.

If the Pats don't make the Super Bowl I REALLY hope Antonio Brown wins Super Bowl MVP for new Orleans en route to a Saints SB win....and I hope Krafty Bob truly feels the wrath of the fans who fork over their hard earned money to watch his Football team every week...that is, if Krafty Bob takes a break from his Asian Happy Endings
Short of a Pats win, THIS scenario would be "unequivocally the sweetest"
You know I respect that fans like you shell out for season tickets, and other fans like myself shell out for merchandise and the odd game tickets... that said you get alot out of this for your money. He doesn't owe you anything man. We pay for this stuff because we love watching it and following along. It's not like paying taxes. They don't owe us anything.

Rosenhaus and the players union should demand to know specifically want needs to be done to complete the investigation and an explanation on why it has taken so long if he's placed on the exemption list.

You know I respect that fans like you shell out for season tickets, and other fans like myself shell out for merchandise and the odd game tickets... that said you get alot out of this for your money. He doesn't owe you anything man. We pay for this stuff because we love watching it and following along. It's not like paying taxes. They don't owe us anything.

I don't know if the tax analogy will get to him

Rosenhaus and the players union should demand to know specifically want needs to be done to complete the investigation and an explanation on why it has taken so long if he's placed on the exemption list.
I always thought people looked foolish when they made demands with no leverage whatsoever, and that's what would be happening in your above situation.

The AB situation is the sort of thing which should be spelled out in... say... oh I dunno… a document agreed to and signed by the League and the Union.... Unfortunately, the current status is that Goodell can do pretty much whatever he wants.

Goodell's investigations seem to be dragging out on both AB and Spygate 2. Not a good scenario for the NFL.

Only if you have absolutely no clue what an oxymoron is.
clip_image001.gif

Oh, please do enlighten me. :rolleyes: :cool:

giphy.gif

And why would they be doing this now when they can just as easily be doing it in the offseason? It’s not like other teams are falling all over themselves to get to Brown. The ONLY reason they would sign him now, with seeding still not wrapped up for them and the playoffs a week away, is if they see themselves being able to use him this season.

They’d be doing it now before another team jumps on him. It’s not a matter of if, but a when – AB WILL see the field again – NEXT YEAR. And I wish it was the Pats working him out now, for next year, even at the cost of him being possibly suspended for the first 4-6 games.

I don’t understand why you keep on arguing. AB is under investigation for sexual misconduct. The league has made it very clear they will put him on the exempt list as soon as a team signs him, so as to prevent him from playing while he’s still under investigation. HE AIN’T PLAYING THIS YEAR! Next year? – absolutely, this year? – NO CHANCE!

Last edited:
This ought to go well. AB to Nola is a Trainwreck waiting to happen.

That city off the charts. All kinds of no good going on down there 24/7.

All that needs to be said.

giphy.gif

Sure. Which statements that run in conjunction with one another are contradictory?

They’d be doing it now before another team jumps on him. It’s not a matter of if, but a when – AB WILL see the field again – NEXT YEAR.

They could just as easily do that in the offseason. There is literally no reason to do it now, and cause that potential distraction right before the postseason, unless you think you’re going to be able to use him this year. Further, with Thomas’ reported injury, the need also lines up.

And I wish it was the Pats working him out now, for next year, even at the cost of him being possibly suspended for the first 4-6 games.

I don’t understand why you keep on arguing. AB is under investigation for sexual misconduct. The league has made it very clear they will put him on the exempt list as soon as a team signs him, so as to prevent him from playing while he’s still under investigation. HE AIN’T PLAYING THIS YEAR! Next year? – absolutely, this year? – NO CHANCE!

Here’s another angle - the team is also working out Maurice Harris. Are they also doing that with an eye toward next season? Of course not. They have a need, Brown has already effectively served the suspension, it would be a short-term deal, and they’re betting that the NFL is not going to place him on the exempt list due to time already served coupled with the fact that Brown being on the field is ultimately good for their pockets. That’s all there is to it.

dos he goes to NO ? :eek::confused:o_O

giphy.gif

They’d be doing it now before another team jumps on him. It’s not a matter of if, but a when – AB WILL see the field again – NEXT YEAR. And I wish it was the Pats working him out now, for next year, even at the cost of him being possibly suspended for the first 4-6 games.

He’s right, that’s not an oxymoron. Maybe a logical fallacy or (ahem) contradiction but it’s not an oxymoron.

Was the Jeopardy meme an attempt to make fun of him for knowing what the definition of a word is?

He’s right, that’s not an oxymoron. Maybe a logical fallacy or (ahem) contradiction but it’s not an oxymoron.

Was the Jeopardy meme an attempt to make fun of him for knowing what the definition of a word is?
It’s not a logical fallacy, either. If they’re going to suspend him again, it won’t be for one regular season game. Meaning the hypothetical suspension would probably last into next year as well. As for the Jeopardy GIF? Not sure. The dude, whoever the hell he is, has been aggressive the last couple of days. Probably a dry spell.

Right, and people that think the players, owners, etc give two schitts about the fans are morons (maybe 1% of the nfl cabal "cares" about the fans)..but it doesn't mean fans can't get pissed and voice their opinions...

Here comes another genius... :confused:

oxymoron
noun

ox·y·mo·ron | \ ˌäk-si-ˈmȯr-ˌän , -sē- \
plural oxymora\ ˌäk-si-ˈmȯr-ə , -sē- \
Definition of oxymoron

: a combination of contradictory or incongruous words or statements

broadly : something (such as a concept) that is made up of contradictory or incongruous elements

He made 2 contradictory statements. Any further questions your honor? :rolleyes:

Who are you? His attorney? :rolleyes:

There are no saints in football, but the Saints surely aren't that.

All AB needed to do was apologize to the woman he intimidated on Twitter. It was easy to do. But instead he apologized "first and foremost" to his family.

The Saints also signed Janoris Jenkins who refused to apologize for using the word ******.

These are two buttheads really. Are apologies really so hard?

I mean, I'm going to assume that Sean Payton and the Saints are perfectly fine calling people ******s and threatening small children by invoking their goons.

Just apologize for your idiocy. Not very hard to do.

Here comes another genius... :confused:

He made 2 contradictory statements. Any further questions your honor? :rolleyes:

Why are you asking? You his attorney? :rolleyes:
Okay. Now show us where those contradictory statements in conjunction with one another actually are. Would you like me to quote the statement or are you capable of doing that correctly this time around?

Orrrrrrr you could just admit that you made a mistake. God forbid we do that, though.

There are no saints in football, but the Saints surely aren't that.

All AB needed to do was apologize to the woman he intimidated on Twitter. It was easy to do. But instead he apologized "first and foremost" to his family.

The Saints also signed Janoris Jenkins who refused to apologize for using the word ******.

These are two buttheads really. Are apologies really so hard?

I mean, I'm going to assume that Sean Payton and the Saints are perfectly fine calling people ******s and threatening small children by invoking their goons.

Just apologize for your idiocy. Not very hard to do.
I’ve been accused of using an oxymoron in this thread. The accuser would rather dig his heels in and embarrass himself further than admit that he was wrong in calling it an oxymoron. In short, yes, it is very hard for people to admit they were wrong. You’re seeing it unfold in this very thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes