PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have a pretty difficult time averting your gaze, though. ;)

You bet! There are so many here saying that the Patriots have to get this guy - - so I take a look in and see if he has changed his ways and become a viable human being.

Still hasn't. In fact he's hurtling further away from it.

But yeah, I'll be first in line to buy that album he's been marketing the past week!

He likely would've been suspended because of the new allegations during that week; but my point is that even if there were a 4-, 6- or 8-game suspension, he would've served all of it by now and would've been contributing here for the rest of the season.
I agree with you that he also might not have received, or even deserved, a suspension at all.

No, Brown would still be on the Exempt list while the league’s investigation drones on to it’s inevitable conclusion of a suspension which Brown will serve before resuming his playing career in 2020. The Patriots saw the handwriting on the wall and cut him in hopes they would not have to pay him $10m to sit on the exempt list.

His mental state has only worsened. Just read his social media the past 6 days. It's not going to end well. This is one of the longest, most slow-motion public car crashes ever. The spectacle is sad.
He would not have gone off the rails as badly as he appears to have gone if Early-Bird Bobby had not released him in the first place.

AB was mistreated as well despite his behaviour. There’s no justice here.

Child please, what planet are you from that justice and 'what's right' have any bearing in the real world? No one is saying the way AB is being dealt with is just, it isn't.

It is karmic though

You bet! There are so many here saying that the Patriots have to get this guy - - so I take a look in and see if he has changed his ways and become a viable human being.

Still hasn't. In fact he's hurtling further away from it.

But yeah, I'll be first in line to buy that album he's been marketing the past week!

Big difference between saying the Patriots need to get him and the Patriots need to hold on to him. Before and after the signing are different scenarios, and you play the hand you have.

He would not have gone off the rails as badly as he appears to have gone if Early-Bird Bobby had not released him in the first place.

Such a victim.......... :(:(:(

You think we’ll win the lawsuit? Most legal opinions have assessed that Pats will likely lose
They haven’t paid his salary since they cut him. Paying a bonus does not equal paying him for the whole season

They haven’t paid his salary since they cut him. Paying a bonus does not equal paying him for the whole season

Yes and he’s suing us since we haven’t paid him. And most people assess we’ll lose that lawsuit. Especially since we kept him on and he played his first game AFTER the news broke on first accuser which they want to claim he was contractually obliged to disclose. Since they kept him on for the game, presumably they were fine. With the second accuser and the texts etc, which is when they cut him, they have no leg to stand on for terminating the contract. It’s a years old news dug up by a hack SI journalist. AB texting her has no legal basis for dismissing his contract.

I don't know the exact details obviously but I think the contract should be honored to protect players. He had alot of baggage already when they signed him and they knew that. They didn't need to cut him like they did either. Could of sat him, or forced the league to suspend him and he'd be back by now. He's a clown but they took a risk signing this guy and if he really had a confidentially agreement I'm not sure how they prove he should of informed them of the civil incident, if that even is a contractual requirement.

He is much more than a "clown" he has allegedly exhibited predatory behavior towards women and has then embellished his exploits and denigrated the alleged victims on social media..

He is not a victim, victims do not choose who they prey upon..

Yes and he’s suing us since we haven’t paid him. And most people assess we’ll lose that lawsuit. Especially since we kept him on and he played his first game AFTER the news broke on first accuser which they want to claim he was contractually obliged to disclose. Since they kept him on for the game, presumably they were fine. With the second accuser and the texts etc, which is when they cut him, they have no leg to stand on for terminating the contract. It’s a years old news dug up by a hack SI journalist. AB texting her has no legal basis for dismissing his contract.
That is a bonus. His contract called for a 2 stage bonus and a salary. He got the first bonus. He was cut before the second bonus. He is suing for it. You have no idea what the rationale for withholding the bonus was you are just making up what you think the reason was. There were no doubt things that happened behind the scenes that led to him being cut that you do not know about so I’ll pass on your legal opinions.
When they cut him they stopped paying his salary. It is patently wrong to say they are still paying him. They are not.
Are they still paying michael Bennet? Are they still payment Kai forbath?

Don't agree on the justice. AB doesn't deserve a dime.
You sound like AB not paying his contractors/consultants.

CBA says his signing bonus needs to be paid, so they should pay, otherwise the Pats become weasels. Nobody told them to sign him, nobody told them to release him (he didn't do anything per CBA to void his contract). The SI stories are just that, unsubstantiated stories.

Its funny how people rail against the media, but then are OK believing a story with only one side of it being told. We have yet to hear ABs side of the stories on all of these unfounded claims. But I guess that because this is a private matter anything goes.

I hope Pats win SB and then players strike next year to force Heir Fuhrer Goodell out, that pos scum bag.

That is a bonus. His contract called for a 2 stage bonus and a salary. He got the first bonus. He was cut before the second bonus. He is suing for it. You have no idea what the rationale for withholding the bonus was you are just making up what you think the reason was. There were no doubt things that happened behind the scenes that led to him being cut that you do not know about so I’ll pass on your legal opinions.
When they cut him they stopped paying his salary. It is patently wrong to say they are still paying him. They are not.
He didn’t get (what you call) the first bonus. The total bonus was $9 million. He was going to get (something like) half that week after he was cut and, IIRC, the rest in January.

I don’t think it’s a given that “there were no doubt things that happened behind the scenes that led to him being cut.” While we may not know the exact decisioning and behind the scenes discussions amongst Kraft and Belichick, I think the decision was based on stuff we do know about.

You can choose to believe whatever legal opinions you want, but a lot of really well-informed, intelligent people think the Patriots will lose the grievance. I can see it going either way. I think both sides have legit arguments.

You sound like AB not paying his contractors/consultants.

CBA says his signing bonus needs to be paid, so they should pay, otherwise the Pats become weasels. Nobody told them to sign him, nobody told them to release him (he didn't do anything per CBA to void his contract). The SI stories are just that, unsubstantiated stories.

Its funny how people rail against the media, but then are OK believing a story with only one side of it being told. We have yet to hear ABs side of the stories on all of these unfounded claims. But I guess that because this is a private matter anything goes.

I hope Pats win SB and then players strike next year to force Heir Fuhrer Goodell out, that pos scum bag.
I will/would absolutely stiff a contractor if they do not deliver the quality and quantity of work promised...even if there is a contract.

You wouldn't?

He is much more than a "clown" he has allegedly exhibited predatory behavior towards women and has then embellished his exploits and denigrated the alleged victims on social media..

He is not a victim, victims do not choose who they prey upon..

I get all that but none of that matters as it pertains to his contract. I love these types of emotional replys that have nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm not defending him, we are talking about his CONTRACT and it is expected that his CONTRACT is upheld as I believe it should be. The rest of that stuff will take care of itself outside of football as it should.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Semantics, since I believe his bonus made up the bulk of his contract. Anyway, you knew what he was talking about you're just being argumentative which is what you enjoy Andy.

I will/would absolutely stiff a contractor if they do not deliver the quality and quantity of work promised...even if there is a contract.

You wouldn't?
Ah, but what if the contractor delivers everything he promised you, but you then see him in the local paper getting arrested for sexual assault? Do you, at that point, have a legal basis to withhold payment?

He didn’t get (what you call) the first bonus. The total bonus was $9 million. He was going to get (something like) half that week after he was cut and, IIRC, the rest in January.

I don’t think it’s a given that “there were no doubt things that happened behind the scenes that led to him being cut.” While we may not know the exact decisioning and behind the scenes discussions amongst Kraft and Belichick, I think the decision was based on stuff we do know about.

You can choose to believe whatever legal opinions you want, but a lot of really well-informed, intelligent people think the Patriots will lose the grievance. I can see it going either way. I think both sides have legit arguments.
I agree there is no certainty how it will turn out, that was my point.
There were meetings and discussions that happened behind the scenes before brown was cut. None of us have any idea what happened. None of us have any idea what reasoning the patriots will give for voiding the contract. There is a real possibility that after the tweeting incident occurred the patriots admonished brown, gave him a directive to stop and he refused to agree. That’s just one possibility that makes assessing the legal case foolish because the facts are not known.

Ultimately though I am saying it is totally false to say they are still paying him. They stopped paying his salary the day he was released.

You wouldn't?
Huh, by all accounts he was a model teammate and player. There was nothing he did on the football side to void his contract. So he delivered the work as witnessed in the Miami game and picked up the gameplan in record time.

That is what he was hired to do, play football. He wasn't hired to be a social media darling, or spokesman for the team, or to be popular, or to go to church twice a week. Team decided to get rid of him and gave no reason at all.

Ah, but what if the contractor delivers everything he promised you, but you then see him in the local paper getting arrested for sexual assault? Do you, at that point, have a legal basis to withhold payment?

You're twisting falsely there.

They didn't cut him for that. In fact he PLAYED the Miami game after the news was out for several days. He was with the team and practicing all week for the next game after that.

You know better what subsequently got him cut. The Patriots cut him for what he did WHILE A PATRIOT. Like everything else with that guy, his supporters try to switch the claim to the (yet completely unproven) outside allegations, when the real issue is what he actually DID as a Patriot..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing