PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After we beat the Bills on Saturday, treat the Jets Game like a preseason game for Sanu and Edelman...
You mean Miami game.

Sanu certainly underperformed but if JE is as hurt as is being reported thank God they got him....as long as he produces of course
Well, that hasn’t really happened yet, so as of now he’s not standing out any more than a guy like Meyers. Hopefully that changes of course.

Stallworth Dillon Hicks and Bennett don’t fit that mold to me. Not at all.
of course the other bennett sh-t the bed
Stallworth and Hicks weren’t malcontents. Dillion and Bennett definitely were.

Stallworth and Hicks weren’t malcontents. Dillion and Bennett definitely were.
I don’t think Dillon was. He was a stand up guy and team player until they screwed with him and benched him for no good reason.
Bennett was a whacko, but he showed up to play so I could go either way on him.

Despite what some of the intellects on this sub thing, the memo the NFL sent out was clearly telegraphing "this guy is under a serious investigation, the exempt list is a thing, sign him at your own peril". There's no qualification for being placed on the exempt list.

It was almost a guarantee he would have been placed on it and we would be paying him all year while he sat.

You do realize we’re paying him for the whole year anyway

You know what's truly shameful? Comparing AB, who has been a total and complete azz, getting frozen out with Tom F Brady getting FRAMED.

AB was mistreated as well despite his behaviour. There’s no justice here.

Not so fast on that.
If they were to win that against Brown would this year's number be carried forward to next year? That would be pretty useful to retain our FAs.

If they were to win that against Brown would this year's number be carried forward to next year? That would be pretty useful to retain our FAs.
Yes. They would recoup the cap space.

I'm no optimistic the NEP will win but if AB is suspended it'll help their case.

Yes. They would recoup the cap space.

I'm no optimistic the NEP will win but if AB is suspended it'll help their case.
They shouldn't win and probably that will be the only time real justice is served. AB will get over suspended. We will get over fined and fleeced on Picks.

They shouldn't win and probably that will be the only time real justice is served. AB will get over suspended. We will get over fined and fleeced on Picks.
Don't agree on the justice. AB doesn't deserve a dime.

Don't agree on the justice. AB doesn't deserve a dime.

I don't know the exact details obviously but I think the contract should be honored to protect players. He had alot of baggage already when they signed him and they knew that. They didn't need to cut him like they did either. Could of sat him, or forced the league to suspend him and he'd be back by now. He's a clown but they took a risk signing this guy and if he really had a confidentially agreement I'm not sure how they prove he should of informed them of the civil incident, if that even is a contractual requirement.

I don't know the exact details obviously but I think the contract should be honored to protect players. He had alot of baggage already when they signed him and they knew that. They didn't need to cut him like they did either. Could of sat him, or forced the league to suspend him and he'd be back by now. He's a clown but they took a risk signing this guy and if he really had a confidentially agreement I'm not sure how they prove he should of informed them of the civil incident, if that even is a contractual requirement.
Dumb contract. Dumb player.

If AB stayed off his phone he'd be playing.

You think we’ll win the lawsuit? Most legal opinions have assessed that Pats will likely lose

A. They will likely lose.
B. Even if they win, the cap his has already done its damage in 2019. They’d receive a credit in a future year, whereas right now they are fringe SB contenders desperate for another veteran player or two who they can’t afford due to this hit.

If Kraft didn't dump him why would Brown have been suspended by the NYFL?
He likely would've been suspended because of the new allegations during that week; but my point is that even if there were a 4-, 6- or 8-game suspension, he would've served all of it by now and would've been contributing here for the rest of the season.
I agree with you that he also might not have received, or even deserved, a suspension at all.

His mental state has only worsened. Just read his social media the past 6 days. It's not going to end well. This is one of the longest, most slow-motion public car crashes ever. The spectacle is sad.
You seem to have a pretty difficult time averting your gaze, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back