PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
In front of the kids is where I draw a line. He is dead to me and I hope he rots in hell

To piggyback off my previous post, his behavior generally, but especially in front of his kids, is repulsive. But I genuinely believe this guy is deep down the road of CTE, which is extremely sad.

Wishing for him to rot in hell is too harsh considering the circumstances. Not sure I could utter those words about anyone, but if I did, I'd save that for the Epsteins, Weinstens, and Cosbys of the world, not a football player whose brain is very likely decaying.

I don't think this behavior is reflective of his true character.

I think he has brain trauma from playing football that's causing him to behave this way.

Someone mapped out the shift in his behavior from relatively stable/consistent -> erratic/volatile and it correlated almost perfectly with the knockout hit he took from Burfict.

I'm much more sad for him than I am mad at him. I sincerely hope he gets help ASAP.
The only thing that gives me pause about that is that based on the age of those kids he chose that women to have some children. The same women he now calls a "baser". You had multiple children with a woman who is a "baser"? Who is responsible for those decisions, AB? That relationship appears to predate the Burfict hit based on the age of the kids.

Last edited:
Is it legal to swear at police?
Isn’t there something like like “verbally assaulting” the Police? WTF.

Give me a sec while I pull out my handy-dandy ...

united-states-constitution_1024x.jpg

I don't think this behavior is reflective of his true character.

I think he has brain trauma from playing football that's causing him to behave this way.

Someone mapped out the shift in his behavior from relatively stable/consistent -> erratic/volatile and it correlated almost perfectly with the knockout hit he took from Burfict.

I'm much more sad for him than I am mad at him. I sincerely hope he gets help ASAP.
Ryan Clark said he became a jerk after he got paid. To my recollection that was well before the Burfict hit.

The only thing that gives me pause about that is that based on the ago of those kids he chose that women to have some children. The same women he now calls a "baser". You had multiple children with a woman who is a "baser"? Who is responsible for those decisions, AB? That relationship appears to predate the Burfict hit based on the age of the kids.

Needless to say, neurodegenerative trauma could change the way he perceives his relationships with others, including his romantic relationship.

I don't know the nature of their relationship prior to the Burfict hit but it's perfectly possible that it was a relatively healthy/stable relationship at some point in the past.

Who is saying he's from the 'hood or had a horrible childhood?

Biffins.

He's pivoted to justify his argument that the team should not have cut Brown (and should STILL bring him back).

Back in my hometown, I had this super-nice guy as neighbor. He'd give you the shirt off his back if he felt you needed it. I moved away and he used to help my father move heavy items and in general be his grunt in my absence. I really liked the guy and was glad he was living next door to my aging parents.

Then he slipped and fell down his cellar stairs and smashed his head on the wall on the way down. He was never the same guy. He started "borrowing" my dad's stuff and when my dad went over to get it back, he'd say it was his. He screamed and yelled at everyone, including his wife, who was in the process of divorcing him when he had a seizure while driving and died before they could get him to a hospital.

Brain injuries can be nasty.

Is it legal to swear at police?
Isn’t there something like like “verbally assaulting” the Police? WTF.

Maybe disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct at worst. Police don’t get any special protections under the constitution that regular citizens don’t get, they also have a gun and all of the power in any encounter, so they need to be able to put their egos aside and not get ruffled by words (unless those words are threatening in nature)

basically if you’re someone that is sensitive to someone swearing at you and can’t keep it together, you have no business being a police officer

If AB goes to the Super Bowl something bad will happen and its a given that he will attend because thats where the action is.

The stress of his self made tragedy is obviously taking its toll. He sounds drunk or on drugs in the video. Florida is not a good place to act out of control because you could wind up dead. Athletes are targets for criticism and saying the wrong thing to AB could easily set him off.

I had to laugh when he zoomed in on the woman and said, "Look at her, she's a lost cause!"

To piggyback off my previous post, his behavior generally, but especially in front of his kids, is repulsive. But I genuinely believe this guy is deep down the road of CTE, which is extremely sad.

Wishing for him to rot in hell is too harsh considering the circumstances. Not sure I could utter those words about anyone, but if I did, I'd save that for the Epsteins, Weinstens, and Cosbys of the world, not a football player whose brain is very likely decaying.
Junior Seau had CTE and never acted that way. This guy needs massive intervention because he needs to be coddled to function in a half normal state. I think Tomlin did that with him, that only enabled him not getting to the seat of the problem. A band aid of sorts. Like Tyson acted stable with D’Amato helping him but went off the rails after he died.

This I think attributes to his childhood and being a stray which is sad. I am hoping the likes of Tomlin urged him to get counseling. Not sure when it finally hits him that all his actions are off the rails. He seems to play the victim card constantly. Maybe I was harsh I just despise when parents abuse their kids. Massive abuse going on here. Be careful using poorAB probably has CTE. He needs to own up to his actions without a trump card in his pocket. If it turns out to be CTE then he has to deal with that properly.

I did. Now I’m trying to have some kids. So it seems like my life is probably over. :(
"The generosity of women never ceases to amaze me."
Eddie Murphy, 48 Hours

Junior Seau had CTE and never acted that way. This guy needs massive intervention because he needs to be coddled to function in a half normal state. I think Tomlin did that with him, that only enabled him not getting to the seat of the problem. A band aid of sorts. Like Tyson acted stable with D’Amato helping him but went off the rails after he died.

This I think attributes to his childhood and being a stray which is sad. I am hoping the likes of Tomlin urged him to get counseling. Not sure when it finally hits him that all his actions are off the rails. He seems to play the victim card constantly. Maybe I was harsh I just despise when parents abuse their kids. Massive abuse going on here. Be careful using poorAB probably has CTE. He needs to own up to his actions without a trump card in his pocket. If it turns out to be CTE then he has to deal with that properly.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't have certain behaviors and thoughts that aren't maladaptive or harmful, or that he isn't a narcissist along with a slew of other psychological issues. Nor am I arguing that children receiving abuse is in any way acceptable; he should not be anywhere near those kids.

But I think it's more than fair to assume brain trauma/CTE is at play given the circumstances. And of course Brown needs to be responsible for his actions but that doesn't exist independent of brain trauma.

And that's the thing, there is no way to really deal with CTE properly. Your brain deteriorates and your behavior and quality of life follows. It's pretty terrifying to think about.

Discussion on AB should be on a psychiatric disorders forum, not on a football forum. It looks like football is over for him, and maybe for the best (for his mental health)

Last edited:
Junior Seau had CTE and never acted that way.

Not every case of brain injury manifests in the same way. Same with concussions in general. Some people get hypersensitivity to all light, some people only certain kinds of light, and others still may only have trouble focusing on a screen. Some people get more sensitive to sound, others may have memory problems, mood swings, or "just" persistent migraines. But beyond that point, using a guy who ultimately committed suicide is not the best example of "This guy had CTE and he was fine" you could have come up with. Just because he didn't get outwardly aggressive doesn't mean he wasn't wrestling his own inner demons.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't have certain behaviors and thoughts that aren't maladaptive or harmful, or that he isn't a narcissist along with a slew of other psychological issues. Nor am I arguing that children receiving abuse is in any way acceptable; he should not be anywhere near those kids.

But I think it's more than fair to assume brain trauma/CTE is at play given the circumstances. And of course Brown needs to be responsible for his actions but that doesn't exist independent of brain trauma.

And that's the thing, there is no way to really deal with CTE properly. Your brain deteriorates and your behavior and quality of life follows. It's pretty terrifying to think about.
No argument here. I agree that CTE is damaging. We can agree someone or entity needs to step into his world and demand that he seeks help. Unfortunately I think he surrounds himself with takers and does not have family per se. He is in a bad way

......or the enablers who kept pushing the circus act without seeing what was patently obvious.

......or the enablers who kept pushing the circus act without seeing what was patently obvious.

Judy Battista put it perfectly back on September 20, the day the Patriots released Brown.

I remember posting this tweet at that time, and it still rings true today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes