PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez TV Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewskies

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the four TV show called Aaron Hernandez Uncovered it was well done. I told both sides of the case. Had the defense known about his bad case of CTE he would have never been found guilty of the the first murder even though the case proved he did it. Very interesting.

I watched the four TV show called Aaron Hernandez Uncovered it was well done. I told both sides of the case. Had the defense known about his bad case of CTE he would have never been found guilty of the the first murder even though the case proved he did it. Very interesting.
Not sure about your conclusion that he would have been acquited. It would have provided an additional defense option but your conclusion is questionable. Other long time football players who must have significant CTE issues aren't going around killing people.

It was a very good show, though, very in depth.

Not sure about your conclusion that he would have been acquited. It would have provided an additional defense option but your conclusion is questionable. Other long time football players who must have significant CTE issues aren't going around killing people.

It was a very good show, though, very in depth.

I understand where you are coming from however he had the worse case for his age. They would have said he was mentally ill. Probably committed him. As it is today because of his appeal being open when he hung himself he doesn't have a guilty record at all.

I understand where you are coming from however he had the worse case for his age. They would have said he was mentally ill. Probably committed him. As it is today because of his appeal being open when he hung himself he doesn't have a guilty record at all.
You can't prove CTE in someone who is alive.

He was operating at a high level and functioning just fine.

He was a murderer.

It was Baez's stated conclusion on the show that had they used a CTE defense he would have walked. I can't help but feel that defense would just as likely have blown up in his face. Since CTE is only identifiable via an autopsy using it is the kind of smoke and mirrors defense that might cut slack with a FL or CA jury but we Massholes are pretty skeptical bunch. That skepticism is something to keep in mind since it cuts both ways, it was a jury of Massholes not buying Bradley's testimony in the 2nd trial that did for the prosecution's case.

No way would he have gotten off and since CTE at this point can only be diagnosed after death they would have needed to change their entire defense strategy to try and use its possibility. They would have had to acknowledge that he was there at least but his mental faculties are impaired because of probable CTEs. They never even acknowledged that at the trail. If they had and pointed the finger at someone else, he may not have gotten life without parole. The lawyer who said he would have gotten him off is blowing smoke. The legal strategy of not admitting he was there or at least saying hey he went off with the other two was doomed to fail. He got off on the other two murders because the guy he was with who turned on him and who was later shot by Hernandez, was a hardcore criminal himself and not reliable by the jury who all well knew Hernandez was in jail for life already.

It was Baez's stated conclusion on the show that had they used a CTE defense he would have walked. I can't help but feel that defense would just as likely have blown up in his face. Since CTE is only identifiable via an autopsy using it is the kind of smoke and mirrors defense that might cut slack with a FL or CA jury but we Massholes are pretty skeptical bunch. That skepticism is something to keep in mind since it cuts both ways, it was a jury of Massholes not buying Bradley's testimony in the 2nd trial that did for the prosecution's case.
So wait. The attorney who lost the case is saying he would have won if he oreaebyed a different defense but couldn’t.
Yeah ok.

CTE is not an excuse to brutally murder someone. It’s offensive to those stricken with it to suggest that.

The Hernandez story needs to end.

I watching the first part of the series on Oxygen but there were too many commercials so I stopped watching.

Did any of the Pats players notice something was off with him?

Wouldn't there have been a red flag with the coaches after he threatened a veteran player on the team as a rookie?

Aaron Hernandez threatened Wes Welker

I watching the first part of the series on Oxygen but there were too many commercials so I stopped watching.

Did any of the Pats players notice something was off with him?

Wouldn't there have been a red flag with the coaches after he threatened a veteran player on the team as a rookie?

Aaron Hernandez threatened Wes Welker
Bill knew all along apparently, that’s what I heard on sports radio.

So wait. The attorney who lost the case is saying he would have won if he oreaebyed a different defense but couldn’t.
Yeah ok.
CTE is not an excuse to brutally murder someone. It’s offensive to those stricken with it to suggest that.

Just want to clarify a couple of things:
1. Baez was not the lawyer in his 1st case and I was clear I didn't think it would fly.
2. Baez said it, I didn't. I personally find both Baez & the concept of that defense contemptible.

Just want to clarify a couple of things:
1. Baez was not the lawyer in his 1st case and I was clear I didn't think it would fly.
2. Baez said it, I didn't. I personally find both Baez & the concept of that defense contemptible.
Are you sure Baez wasn’t the attorney in the first case? I was pretty certain he was, but don’t care enough to look it up.

Otherwise I agree.

from WEEI:
“Aaron Hernandez Uncovered” provides a pro-Hernandez spin on his destructive life. Jose Baez, Hernandez’s defense attorney in the double murder case, is listed as a consulting producer. Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez, the former player’s fiance, is featured prominently and named in the credits as well.

That tells me that both sides aren't getting told.

Amen. A terrible tragedy, on all fronts. Please no more.

I vote all new Aaron Hernandez thread starters be subject to public ridicule. Lashes with a wet noodle. Tarred and Feathered. Made to sit in the corner with a dunce cap. Something.

He was a murderer.

It's really difficult to accurately judge one's level of functioning from afar. They may be performing certain tasks (such as playing football at a high level) which indicates to us that the person is healthy and functional. But we didn't get to see him the other 21 hours out of a day, nor do we see him Monday-Saturday when he isn't playing football.

I definitely wouldn't be comfortable saying Hernandez was high functioning at the time he killed Lloyd. We really lack the information to make a meaningful judgment on that in my opinion.

Yeah ok.

Keep in mind that Baez defended Casey Anthony. He's a whole other level of scum.

Yeah ok.

CTE might not be a strong excuse for murder but it's certainly a strong explanation. The disease cripples your brain, literally causing brain tissue to decay. It causes depression, aggression, anxiety, decreased impulse control, memory issues, physical impairment. This type of stuff is truly awful, and if you've never experienced a legitimate neurological issue you can't fully grasp how life-changing a neurological problem/biochemical imbalance in the brain can be.

The victims absolutely deserve justice and Hernandez's act was heinous, but that doesn't mean that the heinous act in question can't have a legitimate explanation outside of some moral shortcoming. That's not to say that (hypothetically) if CTE did have a role in his actions that it's the sole cause of what he did, but to deny that it could have played any role seems silly given his autopsy.

Did CTE actually contribute to Hernandez's actions? That's impossible to know but it isn't far-fetched to think that it could have.

Last edited:
Did they ever prove he pulled the trigger?

Keep in mind that Baez defended Casey Anthony. He's a whole other level of scum.

He also defended Chris Serino, the police detective from the Trayvon Martin case, who by all accounts seems like a stand-up guy. Fascinating clientele Baez has.

Are you sure Baez wasn’t the attorney in the first case? I was pretty certain he was, but don’t care enough to look it up.

Otherwise I agree.

He was the attorney in the second case (the drive-by).

It's really difficult to accurately judge one's level of functioning from afar. They may be performing certain tasks (such as playing football at a high level) which indicates to us that the person is healthy and functional. But we didn't get to see him the other 21 hours out of a day, nor do we see him Monday-Saturday when he isn't playing football.

I definitely wouldn't be comfortable saying Hernandez was high functioning at the time he killed Lloyd. We really lack the information to make a meaningful judgment on that in my opinion.

Not buying it.

I'm not talking about just football.

AH was making basic, everyday decisions like driving & renting a car, having conversations, picking restaurants and food to eat, hanging out with his friends and buying things. His teammates and coaches have said he was behaving like a normal teammate.

I'm not a neuropsychologist but its clear as day he was making premeditated decisions and without a history of mental illness it would be insurmountable for the defense to get an insanity plea.

AH was a psychopath. Plain and simple.

He was a murderer.

That's a very good point about CTE being found after death, I hadn't thought of that. I agree he was a murderer.

As for your point about operating at a high level and functioning fine. I don't know about that. He was on drugs most of the time. Could he have been better, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing