PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A vote of confidence for the painful philosophy of: "Better to let a player go too early than too late"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. Also Belichick never made moves in key moments that suggested low trust in Vinatieri as the kicker while I feel we made multiple play call moves with Gostkowsi due to lower confidence in certain situations.

I hated that 4th and 13 Super Bowl call. It was a 48 yard field goal not a 59 yarder. In a game where you weren't having much success on offense. Why is your kicker on an NFL roster at all if you can't trust him to hit a 48 yarder? And 4th and 13 are you kidding me?

AV gets sent out there to kick it. And he makes it too.

I hated that 4th and 13 Super Bowl call. It was a 48 yard field goal not a 59 yarder. In a game where you weren't having much success on offense. Why is your kicker on an NFL roster at all if you can't trust him to hit a 48 yarder? And 4th and 13 are you kidding me?

AV in a snow storm

This is okay if you have someone behind Brady who you feel you want to move forward with in the future. the problem is we had no one behind brady so it made no sense to lowball him and not bring him back.

Say brady fell off the cliff this year. we end up in the same place we did with cam newton 7-9 looking up at the playoffs.

Two moments above all others - including that damned catch - cost us SB42:
1) Bill's decision not to attempt a FG there; and 2) Pierre Woods not being a man.

I could have told you they were full of crap well in advance....They’re Colts fans!
One of my favorite times as a Pats fan was in my days as an AOLe when an Indiot fan joined the Pats board in 2002. He figured that the Pats' 2001 win was a fluke and that PEDton was about to take over the AFC. He couldn't run away and had to endure the smackdown that he and the sex offender got at the hands of the Pats in 2003 and 2004.

Last edited:
No he wasn't. Do you remember the AFCCG in 2015? SB 51? V was clutch. G was NOT.
Gost was a more accurate kicker and kicked the ball longer. AV missed two chip shots in the SB vs Carolina and also missed an easy kick vs the Chiefs that cost the team a playoff birth.

When AV went to Indy they had to keep another kicker for kickoffs. The funny thing is, the Pats let Robbie Gould go before AV left for greener pastures and a dome.

Gost was a more accurate kicker and kicked the ball longer. AV missed two chip shots in the SB vs Carolina and also missed an easy kick vs the Chiefs that cost the team a playoff birth.

When AV went to Indy they had to keep another kicker for kickoffs. The funny thing is, the Pats let Robbie Gould go before AV left for greener pastures and a dome.
To be fair to the Vinitraitor, one of those 2 unsuccessful FG attempts in SB38 was blocked...I think he also might've missed another makable kick during that 1999 season besides the one vs the Queefs...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots