A prayer, or wish for the non-religious, please no politics. (But Ian, delete as approp.)

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 38.2% at NE: 61.8%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Growing up, I learned that you pray for people in power. Our prayer was basically for them to have good health and wisdom.

No names, no bashing, no politics. I pray for the good health and wisdom of our leaders -- all of them.

If you cannot do so as well that is okay. This is America. We're not political here, so let's not talk about why you can't join me, or why you think I'm a hypocrite, which leaders you wouldn't pray for, and so on.

But if you can, please join me.

To the good health and wisdom, all in one breath, of our leaders.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
You’re talking about Donald Trump? The President of the United States?

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
I was wondering if something leaning toward the subject would be temporarily allowed given the historic magnitude of it. I doubt it will last because we can't help ourselves.

There is reason for concern even if he is doing better today. A common theme in COVID is that it has ups and downs. One day you could be feeling significantly better and suddenly the next day you are worse than ever. We'll see.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Everybody deserves the benefit of the doubt from the beginning and a wish for every hope to be achieved.

Trump? I hope he dies but only after endless agony and pain as a victim of his own creation.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
As for the rest of the CoVid morons (otherwise known as the gop)....they can die too

1601784898296.png

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
You’re talking about Donald Trump? The President of the United States?

Per the OP: No names, no bashing, no politics. I pray for the good health and wisdom of our leaders -- all of them.

To be specific, I meant this nation's leaders. If it were applied internationally some monkey's-paw bullshtuff would happen where the wisest thing for one small nation's leader to do would be to start the war that balloons into a civilization-ending catastrophe.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
How do you envision this thread to go? :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Slowly, unpopularly, ploddingly... with a lot more people going "yeah that sounds good but what's to comment on" than commenters.

Or, quickly, popularly, and temporarily LOL. The leeway to discuss it enough to make it popular would also doom it to being a foodfight, so it would get shut down, which is fair given the rules. "This is why we can't have nice things."

vuudu

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
COVID has had a severe impact for my family, but it was not the only contributing factor. As long as there is no comorbidity, your chances of surviving is very high. The person I am more worried for is Chris Christie, but not sure if he is a national leader. The luckiest is Rudy for having the sense to stay away.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
How do you envision this thread to go? :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
Seems pretty obvious that the clear intention is for the thread to turn political. His subsequent “likes” give that away. He just can’t come right out and say that.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
COVID has had a severe impact for my family, but it was not the only contributing factor. As long as there is no comorbidity, your chances of surviving is very high. The person I am more worried for is Chris Christie, but not sure if he is a national leader. The luckiest is Rudy for having the sense to stay away.
Sorry to hear that. It’s not had as much of an effect on me aside from my mental state and severe depression/anxiety roaring back from out of nowhere a few months ago. I’ve hopped back on medication and am evened out a lot. The virus itself has gotten a few people I know but they’ve made full recoveries, thankfully. If you need someone to vent to, I’m a PM away. This forum was remarkably supportive when I was up front and honest about wanting to blow my head off my shoulders. I’d like to return the favor.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
We should all wish Trump a very lengthy recovery.
I can’t bring myself to root for someone to suffer from COVID. All I can really say is that I hope all people with COVID have a swift recovery without too many lasting complications.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I'm going to close this - but as much as I don't like him, I wouldn't wish anything horrible on anyone. Best wishes to Donald Trump and his family. COVID is no joke and I certainly wish anyone who gets it the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.