PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A note to the powers that be, regarding traffic for the NFL forum...

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
You have placed the NFL forum where I could not find it.

I saw threads moved there... so I try to find it on the forum menu... and I can't.

I had to dig around forever until I found it as a SUB-forum... with a whole bunch of other sub-forums I had no idea existed...

...i.e. the Maine Pats Fans forum... where the last post was 2011. LOL

If I were you...

I would set the NFL forum alongside the Pub and the Sox/Celtics etc. forums, if you want any unforced organic traffic there.

Otherwise... and I may be wrong... but it could be more like...

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

:)

Last edited:
To @oldrover and others:

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will find links to the NFL Forum, the Draft Forum, etc.

If you still see a thread with a blue arrow that has been moved, you can also click on that and will take you to that thread in its new forum.

@Ian is aware of this and will eventually make it easier for you to find those other forums.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks to all for your patience and cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links are not present while on a phone, FWIW.

Links are not present while on a phone, FWIW.

The NFL forum link is at the very bottom of the Patriots Fan Forum page. I see it on my phone as well.

I'm glad @oldrover brought this up btw because I didn't know they were there.

The NFL forum link is at the very bottom of the Patriots Fan Forum page. I see it on my phone as well.

I'm glad @oldrover brought this up btw because I didn't know they were there.

Thanks, I see them at the bottom of that page.

Problem is I would never think to look at the bottom of the page for that.

Really what we need to do... is sticky the whole darn forum. LOL

As someone who uses the desktop version of the website exclusively, I'd love for the link to the NFL forum to be more prominently located -i.e., when one clicks on the "forum" tab near the very top of the page.

At one time all those links that are now on the bottom (NFL forum, Draft forum, etc.) were at the top of the page. New visitors to the site found this difficult; you couldn't see any threads until you scrolled down. Frequent visitors complained because they had to scroll past all those links as well as the stickies.

The Draft Forum has thrived despite these obstacles. Perhaps it is time to try those links at the top again. Maybe the solution would be to only place the NFL Forum and Draft Forum links at the top, and leave the rest below? Or maybe have links on both the full message board page (where the Celtics, Bruins, Pats Pub, etc are), as well as two links (Draft, NFL) on top of the stickies on this page.

At one time all those links that are now on the bottom (NFL forum, Draft forum, etc.) were at the top of the page. New visitors to the site found this difficult; you couldn't see any threads until you scrolled down. Frequent visitors complained because they had to scroll past all those links as well as the stickies.

Yes, which is why some things were reworked for that reason. The software basically doesn't make it where you can split them, but I've gotten to the point where customizing it has really gotten much easier, so I'll see what I can do.

The Draft Forum has thrived despite these obstacles. Perhaps it is time to try those links at the top again. Maybe the solution would be to only place the NFL Forum and Draft Forum links at the top, and leave the rest below? Or maybe have links on both the full message board page (where the Celtics, Bruins, Pats Pub, etc are), as well as two links (Draft, NFL) on top of the stickies on this page.
I'll try and work on that and what I'll probably do is re-work the slideout menu on the left and update that where all the main forum links are available there, as well as update the others. That's been on my radar for a while now, but I've been trying to finish a couple of other things and have run into some recent issues that has slowed that down a bit. Hopefully this week I'll be able to get caught up a bit.

But I'll definitely come up with something and appreciate the feedback :)

Last edited:
Perhaps it is time to try those links at the top again. Maybe the solution would be to only place the NFL Forum and Draft Forum links at the top, and leave the rest below?
Agreed

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back