PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A New Cultural Dynamic

There are a lot of factors in play here.

Wilson is on pace to be the most sacked player in league history. He lost his best shot at a second ring because his coach made the worst call in league history. The team has been trying to build him a functional offensive line since 2016 and still can't. The team seems unwilling to settle on an offensive philosophy. I understand why he wants to leave.

Watson has experienced the most baffling roster deconstruction since the Oakland A's fire sale of the 1970's. As sean10mm said, the organization is now run like a cult. If I were him, I'd quit on my team too.

Brady's situation was unique for a few reasons. He started out as a nobody who was catapulted to greatness by a coach and system. As the first dynastic defense declined, the system shifted its philosophy around Brady, giving him the resources to become the best in the league. The team was able to rebuild into a new long-term contender, sold out from 2014 - 2018 to maximize Brady's window. Brady saw an opportunity to be the greatest ever to play the game. It also helps that his wife is the primary bredwinner of the Brady household.

I recall Brady was unhappy with team construction once. Don't think the media made too big a deal out if it, though...

Wilson is on pace to be the most sacked player in league history. He lost his best shot at a second ring because his coach made the worst call in league history.

That call's not anywhere near the worst call in league history.

After all these years, we shouldn't still have people calling out that pass call.

For starters, interceptions on pass plays at the 1-yard line are very rare. Wilson’s was the 109th pass attempt from the 1-yard line in the NFL this season and the first to be picked off.

In the past 10 seasons, including the playoffs, quarterbacks have thrown 270 passes on second down from the opponent’s 1. They combined for 129 touchdowns and just five interceptions (Wilson’s on Sunday being the fifth).

Among 39 running backs with at least 10 carries from the 1-yard line in the past five seasons (including playoffs), Lynch’s touchdown percentage (45 percent) ranks 30th. Also consider that this season, Lynch scored a touchdown on 1-of-5 rushes from the 1-yard line.

Inside Seattle's decision to pass from the 1

If someone wants to claim that some other call might have been a better one, there are arguments that can be made in support of that. But for someone call that play call "the worst call in league history" is crazy talk.

all I know from this "news" is Rob Pecker loses another one of his "cornball brother" whipping boys....pretty soon Rob will be on that special islet in Chesapeake bay digging for "racist oysters!"

How many different conversations can someone have about the ex girlfriend who dumped you?

- she looked hot banging her new boyfriend
- she takes her boyfriend to all the places you like to go ... when you go
- she comes over to your house with her new boyfriend and they make out on your couch

face it......the cukk quotient is high amongst the ‘Brady fans’

Times change.
Bill is old.
Nothing lasts forever.
Little Steven deserves his own forum.

After all these years, we shouldn't still have people calling out that pass call.

Inside Seattle's decision to pass from the 1

If someone wants to claim that some other call might have been a better one, there are arguments that can be made in support of that. But for someone call that play call "the worst call in league history" is crazy talk.
That's one of the more safer and popular plays, we see multiple times every Sunday. Never understood going after that call.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back