PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A more realistic May power ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWinBrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Ravens are going nowhere. Their QB play is average and Mcnair will continue to show his age as he did in the playoff at home against indy. I don't understand the ravens hype.

Hard to take a 4th in the "all important" May power rankings.:)

Of course I'm predicting Box will find an article ranking us 4th so my post makes sense.

Last edited:
n/m, timestamp shenanigans again.

Last edited:
Ravens are going nowhere. Their QB play is average and Mcnair will continue to show his age as he did in the playoff at home against indy. I don't understand the ravens hype.

The Ravens won a Super Bowl in this decade with a QB named Dilfer for heaven's sake.

As long as that defense who to me is so good they won't miss Thomas that much,can get them to the big game,all the offense has to do is be adequate enough to score 14-17 points a game and limit turnovers and they will be tough to beat this season - defense wins championships-at this point they certainly have that.

http://thefootballexpert.com/nflpowerrankings070001.html
Well, it's May, and that means 3 months of nothing football until the Preseason and Fantasy Draft time. It also means that the NFL Draft is over and player movement through free agency and trades have cooled down significantly. Some teams have added players which should improve their team (Denver, New England, San Francisco) and some have lost so many that it's hard to imagine what they are thinking (Buffalo, Tennessee). Whatever your team's situation, here's how I see them ranked as of May.

1) Indianapolis Colts – The reigning champs. They’ll stay at the top until they are knocked down.

2) San Diego Chargers – LT is enough, but if Merriman can keep his tests clean all year, they will dominate on both sides of the ball.

3) Baltimore Ravens – McGahee will add some youthful energy to the running game, and the defense should still be stout.

4) New England Patriots – Well, Brady can’t say he doesn’t have anyone to throw to this year with Welker, Stallworth, and Moss on the roster. Let’s see if the “team” atmosphere holds up with Moss in the locker room.

A stellar defense and a star running back have been the staples of success for teams like the Ravens and Bears

A stellar defense and a star running back have been the staples of success for teams like the Ravens and Bears

Even after saying that, I should note that I do agree that the Ravens will NOT win the AFC North. I think the Bengals will retake that title.

The Ravens won a Super Bowl in this decade with a QB named Dilfer for heaven's sake.

As long as that defense who to me is so good they won't miss Thomas that much,can get them to the big game,all the offense has to do is be adequate enough to score 14-17 points a game and limit turnovers and they will be tough to beat this season - defense wins championships-at this point they certainly have that.

Defense does not win championships. Balanced teams win championships.

I think it's worthwhile to mention that while this is true, the Ravens are going to be doing some adjusting on offense this year, at least early on. According to them, Billick wants to revert a little to his Minnesota playcalling style and run mostly three wide/one back sets. Previously Baltimore had mostly utilized a fullback and relied heavily on the ground game. It appears now they are going a little more aerial with a slightly different ground game as well.

Also, they have had a bit of a shake up at o line that could lead to early kinks in the offense.

By that argument they should have been SB contenders every year since they won.
They havent been, and IMO, their defense is not as good now as it was in most of those years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back