A letter to draft website operators

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If you, dear reader, attempt to make your living operating a draft information site for us obsessive geeks, please take heed.

There are many, many sources of mock drafts, positional rankings, and personal opinions. There are precious few sources of data in usable forms. If you have the data, you are wasting its potential.

I gladly pay actual dollars to nfldraftscout.com every year because they give me sortable charts of every measurable for every position. Charts, charts, sortable charts. C-H-A-R-T-S.

I would pay somebody else if they simply offered a draft-specific search engine. I am amazed by the general stupidity of the search tools out there. It's currently easy to get a list of 5 years' worth of players name Justin; it's virtually impossible to get a list of wide receivers over six feet tall with fast shuttle times. For an interface model, just look at any real-estate search engine, or a tool for choosing a used car. Let me choose max/min height, weight, combine times, college position(s) etc. and voila! I can generate a list of potential 3-4 OLB prospects to review.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours Truly,
Patchick

I have been looking for the cost of Draftscout and can never find it, how much do they hit you up for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back