PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A CB at 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkinnas

Rookie
Reaction score
I think the pats will pick Cromartie at 21. I know some will claim he is stil injured or pats dont pick CB in the first round. If I remeber correctly two years ago BB was willing to trade up for PRob (houston) and the Va tech CB (atl). I think this will be just like Wilfork a stud player drops into are lap.
"During recent workouts, Cromartie ran a 4.41 40-time on grass and a 4.37 on a track."
"He has been absolutely blowing up in his workouts lately and I've been told that his knee is pretty close to 100%."
http://floridastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1078&tid=69334869&sid=&style=2

Last edited:
do you really think that cromartie will be there at 21 if he runs a 4.3 at the combine? i means hes 6'3, physical, and runs a good forty, someone in the top ten will take him, even though he is extremely raw (think ellis hobbs last year raw)

i really think that the raiders will take either him or cutler at number, al davis has always been infatuated with speed, BUT he did draft a corner with his first rounder last year, so i guess well see

Last edited:
I think most teams will rate Huff and Williams a head of him. Some teams might even rate Hill better. If somebody takes Cromartie before 21 it might drop Huff or Williams. I don't like Hill, he does not takle well. I saw three games at Clemson this year and he seemed not wrap up.

i never did think that highly of hill, honestly id be disappointed if we took him, his senior bowl was horrible, if we took cromartie at 21, id be doing backlips, i am completely infatuated with that guy, talk about exactly what the doctor ordered for the pats, physical, tall, fast, BUT raw, ive used this comparison before, ill use it again, think of a ellis hobbs only 5-6 inches taller, with better hands, and just as fast, but i also do look at the possibility of cromartie, williams, and huff all being long gone before 21, theres about ten teams that pick ahead of us who need secondary help, maybe he slips, but the chances get slimmer every day

i just thought of who cromartie reminds me of....tory james of the bengals (except cromartie is taller and faster), the guy with 35 career interceptions, and 107 passes defended....in fact im almost to the point where ill say that cromartie reminds me of Mcalister coming out of college

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back