PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Broncos's fan opinion (no smack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
huskeralk said:
I've gotta say, I'm embarrassed by most of the Patriots fans that posted in here. What the Broncos did to us is what our 01' team did to alot of other good teams. Of course it's tough for some of these clowns to realize that when they're on the other side of the fence.
I agree. The Rams outgained us by 2 to 1 in SB36 but we won the battle of the most important stat: turnovers. Most Pats fans were ridiculing certain members of the Steelers (was it Kordell Stewart?) who claimed after the 2001 AFC Championship game that "the better team didn't win today."

Let's give credit where credit is due. Last night Denver was the better team and deserved to win. We didn't - we made too many mistakes. Let's move on.

DenverFan, thanks for the classy post. There have been a lot of trolls here the past week claiming to be Broncos fans, and to be honest I have not had a high opinion of Denver fans as a group based both on them and on stories I have heard from friends who have attended games in Denver wearing Pats gear and were treated badly. But you are an example of a good one. I hope there are many more like you.

PATSNUTme said:
Good intentions but:

1.Denver did not beat us - we lost. If you can't be objective about that then the rest of what you say does not matter.

2. I am not hanging my head over my team- fair weather fans do that. We will be back with a vengence next year. I'm proud of this team.

3. Denver is a good team and I wish them luck during the rest of the playoffs. They played hard and well but they didn't beat us, we lost.

:agree:

In fairness to this Bronco fan though, he doesn't know this team well enough to know how out of character last night was.

But if we're going to be brutally honest ourselves, inconsistent execution plagued this offense for most of the season. Part of that was injuries but part of it was something else we never figured out. Brady managed to get us over the hump more often than not, but we never did quite get it all smoothed out. Because of Brady the offense never looked as troubling as the defense, and the defense was so bad initially the offense got less scrutiny. But the defense kept consistently improving over the second half while the offense remained maddeningly inconsistent. And beyond the kicking game, ST brought little to the mix.

I don't think Denver is a great team nor do I think they played great - I think unfortunately their season ends next week. And after all this team has accomplished over the last few seasons it hurts to lose to a team that is good but not great by any stretch. I'm sure a lot of other teams fans felt this way about us the last few seasons, and while four years ago they may have had a point, more recently they didn't have those three Lombardi's sitting at home to somewhat justify such rationalizaitons as we do.

Sad truth is this season we weren't a great team either or we would almost certainly have been moving on today.

huskeralk said:
Naw, I'm not rational, I'm just drunk, high and ******ed.

That explains a lot.

Wow, lots of sour grapes, but that can be expected.

Anyway, DenverFan is pretty much exactly correct. We offered the game up, and they took it. Period.

They didn't make mistakes. We did. Just like all those other Pats teams. The last thing I want to be is a Steeler fan whining that the better team didn't win. If we were the better team we would have won.

But while Denver did win, I'm not about to give them too much credit.

If the Pats showed up at any other playoff teams arena and made the same mistakes, any other playoff caliber team would have beaten them. Maybe even worse.

I hate the Broncos but I will tip my cap to them. And I will tip it with a half-grin, taking solace in the fact that next week they will lose by over 30 points and I will make lots of money. :)

But seriously, congrats to the Broncos, they won the game. There is no more to say.

huskeralk said:
Does that make you feel any better? Really? Quit embarrassing yourself. Our 01' defense was bend but don't break and you would probably consider them one of the best defenses of all time no?

I realize that most of you Patriot fans are great fans and I want to congratulate you guys on your success and for a well fought game last night. I realize you have your own share of loser whiner fans just like we do, but that takes nothing away from the respect I have for your team. Other NFL fans are jealous of what your team has accomplished during your runs so KUDOS.

Again, the Broncos forced 20 interceptions and forced 16 fumbles during the regular season. The only turnover gifted to them last night was the Brown muff. The others, they FORCED. Get over it, its nothing new to the Broncos to force those.

Again for the Bailey interception, do you guys have SOLID proof that that ball was out of the endzone? I bet you I could convince more people that ball was fumbled in the playing field than you can that the ball was out of the endzone.

broncoted said:
Again for the Bailey interception, do you guys have SOLID proof that that ball was out of the endzone? I bet you I could convince more people that ball was fumbled in the playing field than you can that the ball was out of the endzone.

To me this was the biggest point of conention. Obv. I'm biased, but would be curious to know objectively what most people think of the play.

I guess it was a classic "not enough visual evidance" and whatever was called on the field would have been upheld, whether fumble or touchback.

And you were right that Denver forced those fumbles (other than muff), they were not giveaways. I mean, when your punter makes the stat sheet with a forced fumble, you are doing some good coaching.

Murphys95 said:
I actually agree, and I think many other Pats fans feel the same way. New England got beat. To heck with blaming the officials, that's loser speak. And turnovers are turnovers. Kudos to Denver for a solid win. I'm pulling for the Broncos from here on out.

and should your team face Indy again - take it to 'em!!!

Hey, let's face it -- the New England turnovers last night were reminiscent of Manning in Foxboro. That is the best and only comparison. The only difference is that instead of being isolated to Manning, we spread it out across a variety of playmakers, in traditional Patriots style.

Yes, we lost because of turnovers -- sloppy ball control and, in my opinion, some questionable playcalling (running Faulk up the middle in that situation, the Brady pass route, and the craziness with Brown not being back there to safely fair catch that punt). There is no question that turnovers were the key.

BUT... Bad officiating made a MAJOR impact in the way the game developed. Officiating should be neutral, and it wasn't. That being said, a championship team should have been able to overcome the incompetence of the officials.

Michael said:
That explains a lot.

Now that that's out of the way, what's your excuse?

broncoted said:

Anyone with a well developed sense of basic geometry knows the truth. BUT... I'll bet we see unquestionabled visual, photographic evidence emerge over the next couple days, kind of the way that photography of the Redskins spitting incident showed up later.

Last edited:
Michael said:
Aren't you a Jets fan or something? Talk about embarrassing yourself.

Michael, that guy is just a fart on an elevator.

I happen to go to several teams sites to look at the post. I don't post on them. But, guess who I see on a few of them. Right, you guess it. He's jest 'fan". I can't remember the other couple of teams that he's a "fan" of.

But he post the same arrogant crap that he post here. A real piece of work.You may want to consider putting him on your ignore list,but that's up to you.

Last edited:
sieglo said:
Anyone with a well developed sense of basic geometry knows the truth. BUT... I'll bet we see unquestionabled visual, photographic evidence emerge over the next couple days, kind of the way that photography of the Redskins spitting incident showed up later.

I started a poll at another football MB

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=221024&st=

Hopefully should provide some objective results.

sieglo said:

Yep, I do. If you draw a line from where he fumbled the ball to where the ball landed from the overhead view shows the path of the ball, like Phil Simms was saying. When you do that, the ball is 1 1/2 yards in the field of play. If you're judging that play from the side angle like most Patriot fans are doing, the ball looks like its going over the pylon, but its not. The ball is already 3 yards out of bounds when it becomes parallel to the pylon. Bailey lost that ball around the 2 yard line and because he was hit from the side, it immediately went out. So hows that for geometry....and physics!

PATSNUTme said:
Michael, that guy is just a fart on an elevator.

I happen to go to several teams sites to look at the post. I don't post on them. But, guess who I see on a few of them. Right, you guess it. He's jest 'fan". I can't remember the other couple of teams that he's a "fan" of.

But he post the same arrogant crap that he post here. A real piece of work.You may want to consider putting him on your ignore list,but that's up to you.

Actually, the Jets board is the only other board that I post on. But whatever. Arrogant is not giving the winning team any sort of credit.

broncoted said:
Yep, I do. If you draw a line from where he fumbled the ball to where the ball landed from the overhead view shows the path of the ball, like Phil Simms was saying. When you do that, the ball is 1 1/2 yards in the field of play. If you're judging that play from the side angle like most Patriot fans are doing, the ball looks like its going over the pylon, but its not. The ball is already 3 yards out of bounds when it becomes parallel to the pylon. Bailey lost that ball around the 2 yard line and because he was hit from the side, it immediately went out. So hows that for geometry....and physics!

I don't think so. Wait for the photos and see.

How could the ball be three yards out of bounds if Bailey lost it on the 2? You are on the pipe again.

Bailey's momentum was towards the goal line. The ball didn't come out at an exact right angle to that. That would be impossible, yet it's basically what you're suggesting.

Murphys95 said:
I actually agree, and I think many other Pats fans feel the same way. New England got beat. To heck with blaming the officials, that's loser speak. And turnovers are turnovers. Kudos to Denver for a solid win. I'm pulling for the Broncos from here on out.

and should your team face Indy again - take it to 'em!!!
I agree Murph, the turnovers just happened and the Broncos took advantage of them. It kind of reminded me of Pats football of recent years in that they forced mistakes and took advantage of them. I can't say I will be rooting for the Broncs now, but I do respect them for winning a hard-fought game. Oh, by the way, I wish I could have watched the game at Murphy's last night. I am deployed with the Navy in Cuba and have had to watch games without FOTK this year. Go Pats 2006!!!!! The dynasty will continue, it is just resting right now.

Losing sucks and I hate the way we lost. But not too long ago we went into Pittsburgh in 01 and were 10 point underdogs. We won by sheer determination and a little luck. Troy Brown ran the punt back for a TD and we also blocked a field goal for a TD. Now I'm sure all of us here were happy but if I was a Pittsburgh fan I'm pretty sure I would be saying "we gave that game away". Ofcourse we had a little help from our old friend Kordell too.

Non the less,however unimpressive Denver's offense was, their defense forced the turnovers. Our defense was excellent Saturday,as good as it's been all season but we weren't able to force the turnovers like they did. I was mad at first,bad call's etc. But why take away from their win when we have been in some of those same win style games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back