PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Broncos's fan opinion (no smack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenverFan

Rookie
Reaction score
Just browsing some threads this morning, and although I understand the pain you guys are all feeling right now, I don’t think you are giving enough credit to the Broncos for the win.

First, I think what is missed by a lot of people that don’t follow Denver is that our defense always gives up yards. But it is not yards that count, it’s points. We don’t give up many points and we force a lot of turnovers. Brady had a lot of yards and overall I thought played pretty well. But we kept you out of the end zone and made plays when we had to, i.e. Champs pick.

I have to say I was very surprised you guys took our running game away like you did. Very solid performance from your defense. Not much else to say here, you shut our offense down for most of the game. (And yes I believe the PI call on Samuels was crap, but that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes, you can’t blame losing the game on one call, you still had many opportunities to win after that)

Football is a 3 phase game. Offense, defense, and special teams. Denver played great defense (13 points allowed and 3 turnovers forced) and better special teams (2/2 FG including a 50 yarder, great punting and 1 turnover forced) and that is why we won. Don’t be hating on the Broncos just because our offense played bad (or you defense played good, however you want to view it). We were very strong in the 2 other phases of the game, and that is why we won. You didn’t “beat yourself†or hand the game to us in any other way. We took it by being the better overall football team last night.

Lastly, the Pats are still going to be a good team for several years to come. Don’t hang your head too low, you guys accomplished a lot over the past 4 seasons. I look forward to future playoff matchups between both teams.

DenverFan said:
You didn’t “beat yourself†or hand the game to us in any other way. We took it by being the better overall football team last night.

QUOTE]

Keep telling yourself this. Your season ends next week.

Blah, blah, blah. Giveaways won you the game. Whatever.

DenverFan said:
You didn’t “beat yourself†or hand the game to us in any other way. We took it by being the better overall football team last night.

Lastly, the Pats are still going to be a good team for several years to come. Don’t hang your head too low, you guys accomplished a lot over the past 4 seasons. I look forward to future playoff matchups between both teams.

Good intentions but:

1.Denver did not beat us - we lost. If you can't be objective about that then the rest of what you say does not matter.

2. I am not hanging my head over my team- fair weather fans do that. We will be back with a vengence next year. I'm proud of this team.

3. Denver is a good team and I wish them luck during the rest of the playoffs. They played hard and well but they didn't beat us, we lost.

DenverFan said:
Just browsing some threads this morning, and although I understand the pain you guys are all feeling right now, I don’t think you are giving enough credit to the Broncos for the win.

First, I think what is missed by a lot of people that don’t follow Denver is that our defense always gives up yards. But it is not yards that count, it’s points. We don’t give up many points and we force a lot of turnovers. Brady had a lot of yards and overall I thought played pretty well. But we kept you out of the end zone and made plays when we had to, i.e. Champs pick.

I have to say I was very surprised you guys took our running game away like you did. Very solid performance from your defense. Not much else to say here, you shut our offense down for most of the game. (And yes I believe the PI call on Samuels was crap, but that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes, you can’t blame losing the game on one call, you still had many opportunities to win after that)

I actually agree, and I think many other Pats fans feel the same way. New England got beat. To heck with blaming the officials, that's loser speak. And turnovers are turnovers. Kudos to Denver for a solid win. I'm pulling for the Broncos from here on out.

and should your team face Indy again - take it to 'em!!!

Wow, sour grapes from our side!

I agree with some of what you said DenverFan. In some ways, Denver's win reminds me of a few of NE's important wins: opponent marches down the field, about to take the momentum if not the lead, only to be killed by a key Turnover or Sack.

> You didn’t “beat yourself†or hand the game to us in any other way.

Well, we had a couple opportunities where we flat-out missed: ie, beat ourselves. But many other mistakes were due to Denver's pressure (both physical pressure, and pressure of trying to make a come-back).

Fellow PatsFans

Yes - there were some awful calls that hurt us... even momentum changing calls

Yes - we gave the ball away FAR too often

But let's not be those whiny fans from other teams we always decry

No excuses. We didn't win. The Broncos won. Did they have the benefit of good calls and our giveaways? Yes.

They still won.

No excuses.

Congratulations to the Broncos.

I'm moving on.

I've gotta say, I'm embarrassed by most of the Patriots fans that posted in here. What the Broncos did to us is what our 01' team did to alot of other good teams. Of course it's tough for some of these clowns to realize that when they're on the other side of the fence.

DenverFan said:
First, I think what is missed by a lot of people that don’t follow Denver is that our defense always gives up yards.

That's too bad. Ours doesn't. They pretty much shut down your team's running game last night.

DenverFan said:
But it is not yards that count, it’s points. We don’t give up many points and we force a lot of turnovers. Brady had a lot of yards and overall I thought played pretty well. But we kept you out of the end zone and made plays when we had to, i.e. Champs pick.

And you didn't have to challenge to keep the pick. Must be nice. Too bad the second time BB had to challenge a call it wasn't corrected and called a touchback (which it was) that gave your team a second 7 point gift and allows you to brag about Champ's pick. Although I won't deny you are very lucky to have Bailey. I'd love to have that guy on our team.

DenverFan said:
And yes I believe the PI call on Samuels was crap, but that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes, you can’t blame losing the game on one call, you still had many opportunities to win after that

Uhm if the officials got that right not only was it not defensive PI, but IT WAS offensive PI. That gift 7 going into the half killed the momentum the Pats had. It was a completely bogus call (have not heard anyone locally or nationally say different) and it was defining call.

So you better hope they get as lucky next week against the Colts (and I do believe it will be the Colts), but I don't see it. Probably the only thing worse than losing in the playoffs is losing so close to the big dance. Where I'd bet everything Denver will not be come Feb 5th.

Last edited:
Michael said:
That's too bad. Ours doesn't. They pretty much shut down your team's running game last night.

Does that make you feel any better? Really? Quit embarrassing yourself. Our 01' defense was bend but don't break and you would probably consider them one of the best defenses of all time no?

huskeralk said:
Does that make you feel any better? Really? Quit embarrassing yourself. Our 01' defense was bend but don't break and you would probably consider them one of the best defenses of all time no?

Aren't you a Jets fan or something? Talk about embarrassing yourself.

Michael said:
Aren't you a Jets fan or something? Talk about embarrassing yourself.

No, I'm a Patriots fan but I can still see things for what they are.

PATSNUTme said:
Good intentions but:

1.Denver did not beat us - we lost. If you can't be objective about that then the rest of what you say does not matter.

2. I am not hanging my head over my team- fair weather fans do that. We will be back with a vengence next year. I'm proud of this team.

3. Denver is a good team and I wish them luck during the rest of the playoffs. They played hard and well but they didn't beat us, we lost.

1. Like I said, we played great in 2 out of 3 phases of the game. That is what won us the game. We brought pressure and it caused turnovers. That's how we play. That is why we beat you.

2. Good, you guys will be a good team again next year.

3. Thanks. But we did beat you.

Thanks to the fans on here that have some class. To the others, well, I won't hold it against you because I know what it is like to clutch at straws when you suffer a hard loss like that and I'm not interested in turning this into a smack talk thread, even if you are.

huskeralk said:
No, I'm a Patriots fan but I can still see things for what they are.

No, I'm a Patriots fan

I seem to recall you are a long time regular poster at some other team's message board.

but I can still see things for what they are.

Yeah you see about as good as the official who made that PI call in the end zone.

Last edited:
DenverFan said:
1. Like I said, we played great in 2 out of 3 phases of the game. That is what won us the game. We brought pressure and it caused turnovers. That's how we play. That is why we beat you.

2. Good, you guys will be a good team again next year.

3. Thanks. But we did beat you.

Thanks to the fans on here that have some class. To the others, well, I won't hold it against you because I know what it is like to clutch at straws when you suffer a hard loss like that and I'm not interested in turning this into a smack talk thread, even if you are.

It's not smack talk. The game is over. And so is your team's season next week. One star CB is not going to get you to the SB. At least maybe after the Colts win today all you clueless trolls will move to IndyStar.com.

Michael said:
It's not smack talk. The game is over. And so is your team's season next week. One star CB is not going to get you to the SB. At least maybe after the Colts win today all you clueless trolls will move to IndyStar.com.

I post on a Jet site, so what. Did it ever occur to you that it's because I don't have to deal with ridiculous one sided crap over there? You guys all make fun of all the other fans in the AFC East but let me tell you, some of you guys are nothing special either.

Husker,
You're waaaay too rational.
Cheers on a good season.

ClosingTime said:
Husker,
You're waaaay too rational.
Cheers on a good season.

Naw, I'm not rational, I'm just drunk, high and ******ed.

Whatever works.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Many posting tosy and yesterday are truly embarrasssing. They should be forced to be Raider fans for a year.

Denver won because they made fewer errors than we did. Some errors were forced, some weren't. Good teams win in the playoffs by winning the takeaway battle, and taking advantage of the turnovers when they come. Plummer made very few mistakes. The interception was a long shot downfield, with a result being the equivalent of a punt, much as Brady's second interception.

The patriots totally stopped the Denver running attack. Plummer made no mistakes. Our defense played a great game. Their regular and ST defense played a great game AND scored points AND gave their offense the ball at the one. Denver played better than we did, period.

People look at the YARDS we "scored", as if that counts for anything. As we might recall the patriots are the master of the bend, don't break. The Denver defense played very well indeed.

The defenses gave up no big plays for scores, gave up almost no running yards. They both stopped the other team when it counted.

In the end, we played almost even, EXCEPT FOR TURNOVERS. That we had so many turnovers doesn't make us the BETTER team. How ridiculous. Our team fell apart. Denver played with poise.

WHINERS FACE THE MUSIC

It is rare, but once in awhile we are outplayed. We were outplayed yesterday.
--------------------
huskeralk said:
I've gotta say, I'm embarrassed by most of the Patriots fans that posted in here. What the Broncos did to us is what our 01' team did to alot of other good teams. Of course it's tough for some of these clowns to realize that when they're on the other side of the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back