PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thought I could get away from Jimmy G. 49ers just invested in my local soccer team here in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Pat

On the Roster
Reaction score
49ers bought 10% in Leeds United - Now I will have to 10% support them back

Wait...Jimmy G owns the 49ers?

ios-10-shrug-emoji.0.png

What kind of lovey dovey stuff is this?? He's no longer a Patriot so quit being such a plonker and burn down 10% of Elland Road stadium.

I went to university in the UK in the 70s- first Imperial College then Leeds and finally Southampton. I picked Leeds because I was converted to a Leeds United fan and I attended many games at Elland Road- at the Kop (now the Gelderd End).
Like a true fan I've supported them ever since even though the last few decades have been the inverse of what happened to the Patriots- who also became my team in the early 80s when I moved to Boston and bought season tickets in Sullivan Stadium.
Anything that gets them money and adds some professionalism to what has been a dismal seemingly never ending series of disastrous choices can only be a good thing.
Being a Patriots fan has been like a gift from God.
In my book Bill deserves as many free passes as he wants - it could be so, so, much worse and we should all be incredibly grateful for what he has done in Foxborough.

Last edited:
MOT.
Leeds Leeds Leeds
Won't find a more die hard fan of Leeds United than me.
Supported them all my life.
I only follow the Pats and LUFC.

49ers bought 10% in Leeds United - Now I will have to 10% support them back

LgB and Chris Long were on the Eagles last year. Did you have to partially support the Eagles in the Super Bowl?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I am looking forward to watching Jimmy G. play, whether it's bad or good. He can't really hurt us, unless we both get to the SB, and that would be kind of awesome at this point. I suppose it will be a little sweeter if he crashes and burns (no offense Jimmy!).

From the article:

"When he takes his hand off the ball, you got to be ready to break," Sherman said after watching Garoppolo closely throughout the offseason program.

In other words, Garoppolo doesn't mix up the timing of his deliveries. He secures the ball in the pocket with two hands, but when his left hand starts to come off, he's throwing.

Sounds like he's got a tell. Hey, Jimmy...

tumblr_mxzceoveF81rnaz59o1_500.gif

...put down the cookies. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back