The Brandon Five

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Barstool Sports

Silver hasn't 'given any thought' to NFL inquiries
NBA commissioner Adam Silver says he hasn't "given any thought" to inquiries by NFL owners about his willingness to switch leagues and become commissioner of the NFL.

While Silver did not explicitly confirm that he had been approached by NFL owners, sources close to the situation told ESPN that several NFL owners have tried to persuade Silver to run their league over the course of his five years as the NBA's commissioner. Silver has also been approached by a number of Fortune 500 companies, according to sources.

do-it.jpg

Wonder which owners? Raguh, Richardson before the sale, Kraft after latest gate, Rooney’s, others due to referees changing game outcomes?

I no longer believe in God due to Roger Goodell as a just God would never allow Roger Goodell to exist.

Human beings have been abusing the gift of freedom since Episode 1 of the First Season of the show. Putting power in the hands of Roger Goodell is only the latest in a long, long line.

That he’s even been approached is a good thing in and of itself. It means that Goodell is not long for the job. That said, the bigger problem here has been the owners behind the scenes. I don’t trust them to find anyone competent for the job because the guy they want would ideally be just as incompetent as Goodell with a thick flak jacket.

That he’s even been approached is a good thing in and of itself. It means that Goodell is not long for the job. That said, the bigger problem here has been the owners behind the scenes. I don’t trust them to find anyone competent for the job because the guy they want would ideally be just as incompetent as Goodell with a thick flak jacket.

What I can't figure out is how Goondell was hired in the first place.

Opened this thinking maybe .... hopefully... possibly.... Mad Max Kellerman got shipped back to Showtime boxing. Oh well, we can all still hope.

Fact Check: Guess it was HBO

Didn’t Goodell just sign a 5 year deal a year ago? I hope he gets axed but I would guess most owners would not want to pay owed money for nothing. I hope I’m wrong

You poor naive soul. You understand that most owners LOVE Goodell. He keeps the heat off them, who are the real problem. So after this latest Super Bowl ratings tank, NOLA boycott, the owners slip a little misinformation, or a story about last year where there was a story about owners approaching Adam Silver, to get fans to think the owners are on their side.

The corrupt 32 owners love playing you all like a fool! They're the problem, Goodell is just the whipping boy. Open your eyes!

There is a god, my ass!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
They want a yes man who keeps the coffers full and makes sure they stay out of court. They want a crappy lawyer who won't go to trial and keeps the dirty laundry secret.
Why does a Lieutenant junior grade with a track record for plea bargains get handed a murder case? Could it be so it never sees the inside of a courtroom?
They want Lt Daniel Kaffee.
tumblr_oxe0arWTJi1up42jgo1_500.gif

You poor naive soul. You understand that most owners LOVE Goodell. He keeps the heat off them, who are the real problem. So after this latest Super Bowl ratings tank, NOLA boycott, the owners slip a little misinformation, or a story about last year where there was a story about owners approaching Adam Silver, to get fans to think the owners are on their side.

They corrupt 32 owners love playing you all like a fool! They're the problem, Goodell is just the whipping boy. Open your eyes!

There is a god, my ass!:rolleyes:
I just hate the added F-U from the owners that they gave that position and all that money to such an incompetent and entirely unremarkable person who just happened to be the son of a former senator.

It is beyond infuriating that Goodell's spawn will be set for generations. It's like the billionaires club is sending the subtle message that money begets money, and in the real world merit gets you nothing. Goodell is probably the single biggest glaring example of capitalism gone wrong I can think of (although maybe I'm just not looking hard enough). His "success" almost makes me question the whole capitalist system, which I'm otherwise a big fan of.

His very existence also calls into question the theory of evaluation. If the theory were accurate, Goodell's useless traits should have been weeded out of the system 1000s of years ago. In fact, you'd think a stone age mother's survival instinct would be to leave an infant Goodell in the woods to die.

Last edited:
They want a yes man who keeps the coffers full and makes sure they stay out of court. They want a crappy lawyer who won't go to trial and keeps the dirty laundry secret.

They want Lt Daniel Kaffee.
tumblr_oxe0arWTJi1up42jgo1_500.gif
Goodell is a crappy non-lawyer (the only one among the commissioners of the major sports leagues).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back