PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slightly OT :: Steve Spagnuolo favored to be next Chiefs' DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chiefs are going with the Giants mantra. Steve Spagnuolo created big problems for our O-line in SBs 42 and 46 and ultimately is the reason why those Giants teams won SBs.

Edit :: In the end, if we get a higher seed than KC, I feel comfortable playing Chiefs at home than in KC.

Works for me. Rex Ryan would have been the dream DC for them to stay terrible. Spag is not much better than him. Both need a lot of talent for their schemes to work.

I think Spagnuolo's success with Giants had more to do with the players he had on D-line. He didn't have the same success with Saints, Ravens or Rams.

I think Spagnuolo's success with Giants had more to do with the players he had on D-line. He didn't have the same success with Saints, Ravens or Rams.
His latest stint with the Gints over 3 years they finished 27th, 2nd and last in points allowed.

Good coach but hes no Wade Phillips or BB

I think Chiefs are going with the Giants mantra. Steve Spagnuolo created big problems for our O-line in SBs 42 and 46 and ultimately is the reason why those Giants teams won SBs.

Edit :: In the end, if we get a higher seed than KC, I feel comfortable playing Chiefs at home than in KC.

Spagnolo outside of SB 42 has done nothing. And it was Perry Fewell who was the Giants D coordinator in SB 46.

Spagnolo outside of SB 42 has done nothing. And it was Perry Fewell who was the Giants D coordinator in SB 46.

Spagnuolo's reputation is built off the job the Giants defense did in the 2007 playoffs. It was a great job, but it was also 12 years ago and he hasn't come close to replicating it since then.

The current Chiefs defensive roster doesn't seem, at first blush, to be a good match for Spagnuolo. If he gets the job, I'll be looking for a massive overhaul on that side of the ball.

Spagnuola wasn’t with the giants in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes