Emmanuel Sanders won’t take a paycut in Denver, looks like he’ll be released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
As I speculated a few weeks ago, doesn’t sound like there’s a middle ground to be found for him in Denver. Sign the beast but don’t count on him coming of an achilles injury, consider him a bonus. He’s perfect for us if he can recover in time to contribute

Hopefully the plan isn't to go into next season with a WR core of: Edelman, draft pick, and Berrios. That won't cut it. Patriots absolutely need to sign one of Tate, Sanders, or Thomas.

And yes I realize they've won SB's with lesser receivers before. But that shouldn't mean status quo. Always need to be improving.

So, as an exercise in random thinking, how much would it cost to get the Denver band back together, and what about a WR crew of...

Thomas
Sanders
Edelman
Dorsett
Draft pick WR

?

Sanders hasn't had even an average QB since 2014 & has still put up top 10-15 WR numbers. His age & injury could get him in the Pats price range. Count me in at the right price instead of overpaying a middling WR2.

FYI, Richard Sherman tore his achilles in November & proceeded the following year to play at a high level. If Sanders was fully healthy he would be out of the team's price range so it could be beneficial in a way.

Pats have tried for him in the past. I’m sure they’ll be talking about it.

He said some mean things about us once. So did James Harrison. Harrison said he wanted to hate Brady but couldn’t after spending time with him. The same would happen with Sanders. I wouldn’t let that cloud whether I want him to sign here.

The main question is whether a 31 year old skill player can make a full recovery from a blown Achilles. Those are tough injuries; harder than ACLs as I understand it. I’d be willing to sign him to a one year deal to find out if the money’s right.

Yup, we already have Hogan we don't need another person who can't get separation and fight for the ball.

Except we don't have Hogan. His deal is up, he is an unrestricted FA

Aren't you the one banging the table for Adam Humphries?

That would be me but he’s prob pricing himself out. So count me in Tate on a 3 year deal.

Except we don't have Hogan. His deal is up, he is an unrestricted FA

Do you think Hogan's phone is going to be ringing off the hook with lucrative free agent deals?

Do you think Hogan's phone is going to be ringing off the hook with lucrative free agent deals?

No, I do not. I also expect New England will be among the teams that will be in no rush to call. If the phone doesn't ring, it's Bill.

No, I do not. I also expect New England will be among the teams that will be in no rush to call. If the phone doesn't ring, it's Bill.

100% agree although if they do want him back I'm sure it happens. So they do have him should they decide they want him.

He’s good, but I’d hate to have to rely on Thomas to make a big catch at the end of a playoff game...hope to get two of Sanders, Beasley, or Dola.

Whether or not I buy it, I can see the logic about Sanders. Amendola is a much bigger stretch, but at least there's the familiarity angle. But you're also effectively saying that you'd prefer Beasley over Thomas. Based upon what?

Achilles are the new ACL in the NFL - and the treatments/repair procedures are getting better all the time. The Pats or anyone else interested in Sanders should be able to get a read on his progress and prognosis.

If he can come back, he fits this offense beautifully. And he's tough as nails. I was so mad when the Pats didn't up their offer when he was given that tender by the Steelers. He's one of my favorite players. i'd love to see a healthy Manny Sanders catching passes from Brady in a Josh McD offense. He and JE would drive defenders crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back