PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB signs Swiss Army Knife to the roster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Patriots signed WR/CB/ Special Teamer Gunner Olszweski to the roster.

Olszweski played for the Bemidji State Beavers and was a CB, punt returner and special teams ace.. He was named DII Defensive player of the year for his play at CB..

I don't have any accurate information on him. Just that he is 6' and 170 lbs.. Currently looking for Pro-Day Info.

Pats have him lining up at WR where he can make use of his soft hands..

Already a thread with quite a bit of info. True underdog story!

The Patriots signed WR/CB/ Special Teamer Gunner Olszweski to the roster.

Olszweski played for the Bemidji State Beavers and was a CB, punt returner and special teams ace.. He was named DII Defensive player of the year for his play at CB..

I don't have any accurate information on him. Just that he is 6' and 170 lbs.. Currently looking for Pro-Day Info.

Pats have him lining up at WR where he can make use of his soft hands..
Sorry, starts on pg 4 of OTA’s thread.

Seems like he’s the annual forum binky that either gets cut after TC or ends up on the PS.

Who gets cut to make room?

I love that I never ever heard of "Bemidji State".....

Got to love the Patriots. Let’s find the top DB in Division II and make him try out at a position that he hasn’t played since HS (if ever). He must’ve shown something in rookie minicamp. I believe that is the route that M. Butler went.

Page 22 of FA Part 2

Sorry, starts on pg 4 of OTA’s thread.

Personally, I feel, that Patriots signings should get their own thread and not be lumped into other topics. Such as NFL Free Agency or OTAs..

I also felt that this was intriguing because of the numerous positions the guy has played and his name is just Awesome..

More info on the kid:

Bemidji State Football's Gunner Olszewski is a D2 Sensation

"Olszewski stood Jahner's partial scouting report on its head as a true freshman in 2015, playing all 11 games and earningNorthern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) Defensive Newcomer of the Year recognition as well as First Team All-Conference honors."

"“This kid just has that innate sense of what’s going to happen before it happens,” explains Jahner, now in his 27th season as a college coach. “He’s always in position, he’s very intelligent and he anticipates like no other. He’s not going to win any track meets, but he’s quicker than a hiccup. If he needs to go somewhere he’ll get there, and he pursues every single play like it’s his last. On the field, Gunner plays as big as anyone.”"

Kid sounds like the prototypical Patriots player...

Another interesting note.. The kid was the holder for his college team on Field Goal Attempts.

I found this about HS:
He didn't do a lot of receiving (6 receptions ???)
Gunner Olszewski's High School Football Stats

He also played baseball. Ironically, he was a catcher for the team..

Gunner Olszewski: D2's Ultimate Dual Threat

I love that I never ever heard of "Bemidji State".....

In case you're wondering about the Bemidji Beavers schedule, they played a pretty formidable lineup: the Golden Bears, Bulldogs, Mustangs, Huskies.

(That's the Concordia-St. Paul Golden Bears, Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs, Southwest Minnesota State Mustangs, and St. Cloud State Huskies.)

Personally, I feel, that Patriots signings should get their own thread and not be lumped into other topics. Such as NFL Free Agency or OTAs..

I also felt that this was intriguing because of the numerous positions the guy has played and his name is just Awesome..
His name is very awesome!!

Oh, and sorry. I wasn’t trying to harp on you for starting the thread. If it came across that way, I apologize. I only replied because you had mentioned you weren’t able to find anything on him yet. I do agree that any signings warrant their own thread.

Found some info courtesy of PatsPulpit and of @reamer:

https://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1029151&DraftYear=2019

Olszewski - 5'9 4/8" 178 lbs.

Hands: 8.5"
Arms - 29 1/8"

40 - 4.56
20 - 2.60
10 - 1.59
Bench - unknown
Vertical - 36"
Broad: 9'10"
Shuttle: 4.33
3 Cone: 6.88

Won DII Defensive player of the year.

A few different heights for him on the 'net ranging from 5'9 4/8 to 6'. My eyeball test says closer to 6'...

Nick: So their is this guy...were not sure what position he plays and ....
Bill: Why are you bothering me with this crap?
Nick: His name is Gunner Olszewski
Bill: Sign him....ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye