PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8 To Re-Sign Or Replace - Not Bad For March 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We've re-signed, tendered or signed 13 who will compete for lots of roster spots, and replace many who are gone. IMO, that's a lot for the first week, with a bit to go in that week.
===================
We need to re-sign or replace the following
Hogan (WR)
Waddle (#3 OT)
Clayborn (DE)
Shelton (DT)
McClellan (ST/LB) he did have a few reps at LB, where he is an emergency backup
Gostkowski (K)
Allan (P)
John (#4 OT)

Replace Waddle :)

What is holdup on signing Gost and Allen ? Their agents or just waiting for them to be signed away?

What is holdup on signing Gost and Allen ? Their agents or just waiting for them to be signed away?

there has been no news

I'm not sure what these players are different than any other. For Ghost, perhaps he wants more than the team wants to make room for at the moment.

I was having coffee with Belichick this morning, or as I call him B-Dawg, and he told me off the record that Gostkowski wants to be paid exclusively in red Solo cups full of quarters and is demanding a private helicopter ride to the stadium on game day so he doesn't have to use his kicking foot on the gas pedal of his car.

Or maybe not all negotiations happen in public and we won't know until the deal is done.

Hate to say it but I think we’re going to lose one or both kickers

I was having coffee with Belichick this morning, or as I call him B-Dawg, and he told me off the record that Gostkowski wants to be paid exclusively in red Solo cups full of quarters and is demanding a private helicopter ride to the stadium on game day so he doesn't have to use his kicking foot on the gas pedal of his car.

Or maybe not all negotiations happen in public and we won't know until the deal is done.

I thought he was at the beach.

We've re-signed, tendered or signed 13 who will compete for lots of roster spots, and replace many who are gone. IMO, that's a lot for the first week, with a bit to go in that week.
===================
Hogan (WR)
Waddle (#3 OT)
Clayborn (DE)
Shelton (DT)
Gostkowski (K)
Allan (P)
John (#4 OT)
You forgot a couple.

===================
Hogan (WR)
Waddle (#3 OT)
Clayborn (DE)
Shelton (DT)
Gostkowski (K)
Allan (P)
John (#4 OT)
I want McClellan back on ST. I think the dude has made some key plays. I can't site which and when, but I am sure there are folks here who can.

Hate to say it but I think we’re going to lose one or both kickers

If another team was going to roll out the red carpet for Gost, I would think they would've already done it.

Or maybe he's reviewing all offers. Dunno.

Last edited:
The best part of rooting for this team is that if I ever get aggravated about something the front office does and start to second guess them, I just catch myself and remember how little I know about the ins and outs of running a football team compared to BB while gazing at all my SB Championship gear. It's almost too easy to be a fan. As my great grandfather Yoda always said "So spoiled, we are".

===================
Hogan (WR)
Waddle (#3 OT)
Clayborn (DE)
Shelton (DT)
Gostkowski (K)
Allan (P)
John (#4 OT)

Good list. Ramon Humber is also a st.lb free gent, I believe. He and McClellan seemed like good additions. Hogan is a ? big DT and rush DE need replacement

Just guessing...

Hogan (WR) - they'll resign him or Nelson, trade for Shepard-type, or use the draft twice on WR

Waddle (#3 OT) - Cole Croston

Clayborn (DE) - Simon/Rivers/Davis

Shelton (DT) - draft (Lawrence, I hope!)

McClellan (ST/LB) he did have a few reps at LB, where he is an emergency backup - nope

Gostkowski (K) - resigned once money is freed up

Allan (P) - resigned once money is freed up (camp competition again)

John (#4 OT)[/QUOTE] - resigned to compete with draft pick(s).

Just guessing...

Hogan (WR) - they'll resign him or Nelson, trade for Shepard-type, or use the draft twice on WR

Waddle (#3 OT) - Cole Croston

Clayborn (DE) - Simon/Rivers/Davis

Shelton (DT) - draft (Lawrence, I hope!)

McClellan (ST/LB) he did have a few reps at LB, where he is an emergency backup - nope

Gostkowski (K) - resigned once money is freed up

Allan (P) - resigned once money is freed up (camp competition again)

John (#4 OT)
- resigned to compete with draft pick(s).[/QUOTE]

Which is a great place to be in for the draft, plus having all of last year's draft essentially on their first year but smarter.
Three out of five is still a ridiculous context for all this.

Good list. Ramon Humber is also a st.lb free gent, I believe. He and McClellan seemed like good additions. Hogan is a ? big DT and rush DE need replacement

I didn't list Humber's replacement as a need since we added STer Brooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes