PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

78%--28%

Status
Not open for further replies.

jczxohn1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not enough has been said about the Pats red zone efficiency compared to opponents red zone efficiency. It is far and away better than any other team.
Comments?

One big fat comment: Enjoy your dome, Adam. We decided we don't need to kick that often this year :rocker:

Seriously folks... I have no problem with Gost's leg and accuracy. In fact, he's got better leg strength than AV, and after the block issues from earlier this year, he's been pretty on-target. But the real goal is not to leave points on the field, when possible. We've had some major margins of victory this year, though are losses (except Miami) were not big point differentials.

Obviously, the red zone efficiency has a lot to do with that. I don't think improving that has anything to do with the "AV comfort zone" being gone, in terms of strategy... in fact, I think by now it's pretty clear Gost can do the job. But I think rz efficiency has been a focus for five years, and just now coming to fruition to this extent. It might be that the players felt AV can always pull them out, but psychologically now go for the jugular more.

Or it may be they're just kickin ***** and takin names, with a healthy Corey and a healthy Kool-Aid making life hell on opposing defenses. Brady is still Brady, making a good passing game out of a rag-tag receiving corps... but the Pats get very, very serious in the ground game as they pass the 20 yard line (compare red zone running vs. passing TDs... I have not looked it up, but I bet you will find an abnormal skew toward the runs, vis a vis other teams.)

Just my .02... happy new year, happy playoffs, and HAPPY JEST-BASH in a week!

PFnV

Not enough has been said about the Pats red zone efficiency compared to opponents red zone efficiency. It is far and away better than any other team.
Comments?

Actually, at least two threads have been started on it.

That said, though, those numbers were referring to the Pats' RZE for their last 9 road games, not for 2006 as a whole. Make of it what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back