PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 games in (EDIT Now HALF)/, let's talk spending spree (SUPER EDIT Regular season ending extravaganza)

With all the signings, it takes time for the team to mesh. Despite not great returns early on, I always felt this was a rebuilding year. So besides rebuilding, starting a rookie QB for the 1st time ever, and so many new faces, we have to give them time to get better together.

Though the TEs haven’t set the world on fire yet, they are on pace for 115 combined catches. That’s WAY more than the total combined production the last 2 years from the TE crews. And there’s no saying the production can’t increase in games 5-17.

There will be a lot of ups and downs this year. We have a rookie QB who has shown flashes of brilliance, but look at the Chargers last year, with a rookie QB who arguably had the greatest rookie season ever, and they still went 7-9.

Just because they spent a lot, doesn’t mean we will get INSTANT success. On paper, you think you’re gonna win a lot of games because of the signings, but it takes time for those players to mesh well together. I am seeing signs of progress, but it’s gonna take time. I’m not down on any of the signings so far. Still 13 games to go.

This is where I'm at. Agholor was a signing that I hated then and still hate now but I understood why. Godchaux I still don't understand.
Agholor was the signing I disliked the most, wanted Corey Davis, who has played really well with the Jets.

Guys that would've contributed and played better:

Thuney (solidify the line)
Sony (good pass blocker, doesn't fumble)
Danny (gets open, clutch, cheap)
Butler (run blocker, cheap)
Cannon (veteran, cheap)

All of these guys know the system & although some of these guys are older, they could've been used in this "transition" year to get us to 2022 while helping Mac get better & saved $$ to pay Thuney and to get a real WR#1.
I endorse this correct use of "would've" and "could've," contractions of "would have" and "could have." (It just sounds like "would of" and "could of.")

Agholor was the signing I disliked the most, wanted Corey Davis, who has played really well with the Jets.
I like Davis, but other than a single bomb from Wilson, his production's been pretty much the same as Agholor.

Discussing “what’s wrong” does nothing outside of you noting your opinion. The team will be fine because of Coach Bill. Otherwise, if all you want to do is ***** and moan about the team, feel free to name coaches you’d rather have here. After you do that, take that list and go root for those teams. We have enough negative nancies on the forum. We don’t need one more.
I love your attempt to paint me as a negative nancy… the guy who constantly craps in the punch bowl. It must be opposite month.

The offense and particularly offensive line are playing poorly, so not surprisingly the weapons suck.

The defense is playing well but the offense isn’t, so the defense sucks for not holding opponents to zero points.

#PatsFans
I agree.

Everything starts and ends at the line of scrimmage, both on the offense and defense. If your DL sucks and can't get any pressure on the QB or stop the run, your LBs and CBs are going to pay the price and get burned.

The same can be said for the OL. If they can't protect the QB, he can't make the throws or has to make them in a hurry, so that really doesn't give the WRs time to get the separation they need make. Also, when the OL sucks and can't block for a running game, it makes the offense one dimensional and the defense gets to pin their ears back and blitz the QB every play. That is exactly what Tampa did Monday night.

To me the glaring defect for this team is the OL. Maybe spend some money there!

I love your attempt to paint me as a negative nancy… the guy who constantly craps in the punch bowl. It must be opposite month.
Bill - 8 Super Bowls
Wozzy - 0 Super Bowls

Judon is MVP of the team this year, so far

He's amazing

and so are those red sleeves

Bill - 8 Super Bowls
Wozzy - 0 Super Bowls
How many have you won chuckles?

If a team makes mental mistakes, incurs penalties and misses assignments pointing it out isn’t being negative, it’s being a realist.

If every time something goes wrong it falls back to “talent sucks” because “Bill sucks” that’s Kontra’s version of reality.

If a team makes mental mistakes, incurs penalties and misses assignments pointing it out isn’t being negative, it’s being a realist.

If every time something goes wrong it falls back to “talent sucks” because “Bill sucks” that’s Kontra’s version of reality.
Bill single handedly won this team 6, count ‘em, 6 Super Bowls. Who the hell are you to tell him he isn’t coaching well enough to cut out the mental mistakes and penalties?

I’m sure you could coach a lot better. Mental mistakes, penalties, missed assignments. This is all on the players for not executing. Funny how you blame Bill for everything but sleep under the blanket of success he provides.

way too early to tell, however

Judon - absolute stud and well worth the money. He is a BB type player

Henry - starting to produce and seeing the ball more

Smith - woof

Mills - really surprising results. Thought he would be ok but is really a good signing

Godchaux - meh.

H. Anderson - injured

Agholor - he was supposed to be the deep threat and stretch the defense. Haven't seen anything remarkable yet

Bourne - solid signing and starting to get more touches

I am most disappointed with the DL signings, and KVN has been a ghost. If we could stop the run we'd be 3 - 1.

I’m sure you could coach a lot better. Mental mistakes, penalties, missed assignments. This is all on the players for not executing. Funny how you blame Bill for everything but sleep under the blanket of success he provides.
I suspect you’ve never played organized sports at any level.

Bill single handedly won this team 6, count ‘em, 6 Super Bowls. Who the hell are you to tell him he isn’t coaching well enough to cut out the mental mistakes and penalties?
I’m not telling him anything joker, only you believe he and his coaches are here taking X’s and O’s from you. Are you high?

Ohhhhhh good one Ice!

It's not just here, it's the main thing that drives so much of sports talk radio and other media streams. They raise the guy up to god-like status then they knock him down every chance they get. Guess what, he's human, he makes mistakes just like every other human, but no one has the kind of overall coaching and GM record he does.

I can only imagine how this place would reek if we actually had an organization that put a crap product on the field decade after decade, like the Jete.

Take a big step back, take a deep breath, and be thankful it's been a great ride so far and now we're getting to see a reboot happening right in front of us.
That's the underlying premise of the entire American culture.

Listen, son, this is a team sport. T-E-A-M. Coach Bill spent a LOT of money this offseason to stack this offense with talent. Injuries happen. It sucks, but this ain’t fantasy football. This is the real deal. We roll with what we have. Next man up. These players are talented. They just need to play better. There’s no better man for the job than Coach Bill. Who are you to doubt the guys he selected for this roster? Last I checked, you’re picking your belly button on PatsFans.com while Coach Bill has 8 rings.

IBBIT.

D@mmit Kontra, I missed cliche bingo by one phrase!

It is still early, but I'd be okay with trading Smith back to the Titans. Julio Jones isn't really working out for them so it would be a win/win.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back