PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 games in (EDIT Now HALF)/, let's talk spending spree (SUPER EDIT Regular season ending extravaganza)

The offense and particularly offensive line are playing poorly, so not surprisingly the weapons suck.

The defense is playing well but the offense isn’t, so the defense sucks for not holding opponents to zero points.

#PatsFans
The OL just needs to get coached up and Bill will make it happen. Maybe you should go root for a new team since you seem to think this one sucks so much.

Almost spot on except for the end. Trading Michel was a no-brainer move. This is what makes Bill the GOAT GM. Stevenson and Taylor will both step up. I expect the former to have over 1,000 yards rushing by season’s end when we unleash him on the league and I expect the latter to have at LEAST 1,300 receiving yards to go with 800 rushing yards and double digit touchdowns.
season 4 episode 20 GIF by Star Wars

The OL just needs to get coached up and Bill will make it happen. Maybe you should go root for a new team since you seem to think this one sucks so much.
A lot of Pat’s fans are negative whiners who think fantasy football is real football and teams win or lose based on the measurement of weapons on paper or magical QB’s.

I’m supremely optimistic about this team, if my criticism of fans bothers you perhaps look in the mirror.

Judon, probably the best free agent signing in the whole NFL so far....Anderson- really bad...the tight ends let's give some time, think they will be good....Mills and Bourne have been pleasant surprises........Agholor-a little disappointing to me, maybe he will change my mind as the season goes on but right now he would rank behind Meyers and Bourne as far as wide outs go....Godchaux has been ok, hasn't been anything special but not horrible either....

My opinion that as whole it looks promising but I want to see the whole season unfold.

A lot of Pat’s fans are negative whiners who think fantasy football is real football and teams win or lose based on the measurement of weapons on paper or magical QB’s.

I’m supremely optimistic about this team, if my criticism of fans bothers you perhaps look in the mirror.
It’s the criticism of the team that bothers me. Some of you seem to think that everything should be seamless. That they should just step on the field and be perfect. Football isn’t like that. Sure, the OL hasn’t been up to our standards lately, but the ship will get righted with the outstanding coaching we have here. Complaining about it nonstop does nothing. And, last I checked, Bill assembled this OL. He’s won 6 Super Bowls. How many has Wozzy won? Exactly. That’s what I thought. Maybe another team is more suitable for you. I hear the Bucs are looking for more fans. Maybe you should go root for them.

It’s the criticism of the team that bothers me. Some of you seem to think that everything should be seamless. That they should just step on the field and be perfect. Football isn’t like that. Sure, the OL hasn’t been up to our standards lately, but the ship will get righted with the outstanding coaching we have here. Complaining about it nonstop does nothing. And, last I checked, Bill assembled this OL. He’s won 6 Super Bowls. How many has Wozzy won? Exactly. That’s what I thought. Maybe another team is more suitable for you. I hear the Bucs are looking for more fans. Maybe you should go root for them.
Is this where you flip the conversation to make it appear like I’m the one complaining?

You… the guy who told me yesterday Bill sucked for kicking a field goal Sunday instead of going for it on fourth down.

Earlier in the same game they went for it on a fourth down and Hunter Henry took off before the snap incurring a false start.

Is Henry overpaid because he made a mental error, is Agholor overpaid because the O-Line has made passing deep almost a nonstarter. My initial post was tongue-in-cheek in case you haven’t figured it out by now.

Is this where you flip the conversation to make it appear like I’m the one complaining?

You… the guy who told me yesterday Bill sucked for kicking a field goal Sunday instead of going for it on fourth down.

Earlier in the same game they went for it on a fourth down and Hunter Henry took off before the snap incurring a false start.

Is Henry overpaid because he made a mental error, is Agholor overpaid because the O-Line has made passing deep almost a nonstarter. My initial post was tongue-in-cheek in case you haven’t figured it out by now.
Bill signed these guys. You think you know more than Bill?

It wasn't a "spree." The Pats can't significantly underspend to the cap. All they've done is fill holes within a reasonable budget.
Indeed, why do we reinforce such narratives?

Last season we were buried with the "void year" cap hits we paid to try to keep the band together for one more season.

This season is just us getting back on track.

I would like to think that I am solidly in the Team Bill camp. With that said, I don't feel that he is beyond reproach or criticism. To your point, there's a lot of people here who saw what championship football looks like and can't wrap their head around the fact that the team doesn't play at a championship level starting week one. It's a work in progress.

Circling back to your other point, the constant non-stop complaining here is ridiculous. There's certain posters that continually beat the drum, and it's tiresome. I can tell you that I am interested to see if Bill can rebuild and get this team back to an elite level. I don't know if he can, but I am willing to give the man with 8 goddam rings the benefit of the doubt for more than 4 games into a complete overhaul. For those of you waiting to pounce on me about 2020, don't bother. This is where the rebuild begins, in 2021.

Bill signed these guys. You think you know more than Bill?
I’m saying the suggestion that a receiver, a player entirely beholden to blocking and passing before the ball eventually finds its way to them, is overpaid or bad is ridiculous… especially after one month of football. Agholor is the 29th highest paid WR in the NFL, there are only 32 teams. An offseason from now his contract will look like a value as new deals dwarf his. The team will fix execution, penalties and proclamations about these players being bad signings will look foolish.

all the dudes we signed/traded for are awesome

all the dudes we let walk/traded away suck

note this.........and don't ask again

all the dudes we signed/traded for are awesome

all the dudes we let walk/traded away suck

note this.........and don't ask again
Or maybe the offense is talented and simply playing poorly?

Almost spot on except for the end. Trading Michel was a no-brainer move. This is what makes Bill the GOAT GM. Stevenson and Taylor will both step up. I expect the former to have over 1,000 yards rushing by season’s end when we unleash him on the league and I expect the latter to have at LEAST 1,300 receiving yards to go with 800 rushing yards and double digit touchdowns.
Hmm, trying to gauge your sarcasm here...I do think Stevenson could be a very good NFL back. He's the guy I wanted and was thrilled when they got him, and everything in PS made me think that he was even better than I had hoped. I hate that he's in the doghouse.

I have faith in Taylor, too (2100 yards?...might be stretching it a lot, though).

I don't think the Michel trade looks good right now with Bolden getting more snaps than the other guys.

Or, are you Borat?

Or maybe the offense is talented and simply playing poorly?

no…..there are like 8-9 new starters from last year……the awesomeness just needs to be realized

I would there to be more raw talent in the skill positions, but the guys we have are awesome and the guys we don’t suck

no…..there are like 8-9 new starters from last year……the awesomeness just needs to be realized

I would there to be more raw talent in the skill positions, but the guys we have are awesome and the guys we don’t suck
It’s always “talent,” execution isn’t really a thing. Players exist in a vacuum and if the team isn’t playing well it’s because formerly athletic players lost their athleticism overnight.

Fans were psyched to get these guys in the offseason but the moment the put on a Pat’s jersey they lost the ability to play football. And the first month is all the sample size we need.

because formerly athletic players lost their athleticism overnight.
Maybe that's what Urban Meyer was looking for in that video in the OT: Jacksonville is a Dumpster Fire thread?

Maybe that's what Urban Meyer was looking for in that video in the OT: Jacksonville is a Dumpster Fire thread?
Also explains why the Chiefs are 2-2, they’re a 500 team at best this season because their weapons forgot how to run fast…:rofl:

Circling back to your other point, the constant non-stop complaining here is ridiculous. There's certain posters that continually beat the drum, and it's tiresome. I can tell you that I am interested to see if Bill can rebuild and get this team back to an elite level. I don't know if he can, but I am willing to give the man with 8 goddam rings the benefit of the doubt for more than 4 games into a complete overhaul. For those of you waiting to pounce on me about 2020, don't bother. This is where the rebuild begins, in 2021.
It's not just here, it's the main thing that drives so much of sports talk radio and other media streams. They raise the guy up to god-like status then they knock him down every chance they get. Guess what, he's human, he makes mistakes just like every other human, but no one has the kind of overall coaching and GM record he does.

I can only imagine how this place would reek if we actually had an organization that put a crap product on the field decade after decade, like the Jete.

Take a big step back, take a deep breath, and be thankful it's been a great ride so far and now we're getting to see a reboot happening right in front of us.

Those (2) TE sets are tearing it up! Great job Bill and Josh!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back