PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2nd Round Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftp46

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a mock, and I'm wondering who you think you'll get in the second round. I've got you taking Carpenter in the first. From the following, who do you think the Patriots would select?

Joseph Addai
Derek Hagan
Demetrius Williams
Kelly Jennnigs
Richard Marshall

Thanks for the input.

ftp46 said:
I'm trying to put together a mock, and I'm wondering who you think you'll get in the second round. I've got you taking Carpenter in the first. From the following, who do you think the Patriots would select?

Joseph Addai
Derek Hagan
Demetrius Williams
Kelly Jennnigs
Richard Marshall

Thanks for the input.
Limited to those - Marshall. My vote would be Mike Hass over alligator arms Williams and butterfingers Hagan. :D

Marshall for sure, from that list.

I third the motion -- Marshall is a good fit and good value.

Yup, Marshall out of that group.

The mocks and ratings are still all over the place with many of the players after the top 15. We are now only 4 weeks out and you would think that a consensus would be starting to build.

Marshall or Williams depending on whether PFW or TSN is right about Williams. PFW makes me really like Williams in the second round - TSN, less so.

I like Marshall but am getting a little tired of people overplaying him at this point. I'd like him in the second round but will be disappointed if they take him in the first round as some seem to want.

I'd say either Marshall or Addai. BB seems keen on Marshall, so even though CB isn't a big need IMO, if he's there at our 2nd round pick, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see BB take him. If Marshalls gone, then Addai.

I may be the only one here, but I like Jennings a little bit more than Marshall.

ftp46 said:

Joseph Addai
Derek Hagan
Demetrius Williams
Kelly Jennnigs
Richard Marshall

Thanks for the input.

Yeah.. My vote would be Marshall as well, based on the fact that you already took Carpenter, whom I don't think is a good pick at 21.

DaBruinz said:
Yeah.. My vote would be Marshall as well, based on the fact that you already took Carpenter, whom I don't think is a good pick at 21.
Do you just not like Carpenter ? I'm asking because I'm trying to get my arms around which LB I like and I've been warming up to Carpenter more. Which, if any, LB (or DE moving to OLB) do you like at #21 ?

BelichickFan said:
Do you just not like Carpenter ? I'm asking because I'm trying to get my arms around which LB I like and I've been warming up to Carpenter more. Which, if any, LB (or DE moving to OLB) do you like at #21 ?
I personally think Carpenter is a perfect fit for the Pats. That said, I think they could trade down a couple picks and still get him, perhaps picking up a 3rd rounder in the process. The main concern would be that NY could take him at 25. It depends entirely on how the earlier part of the round goes though, of course. Greenway would be a better fit in a 4-3 (so NY would probably prefer him, as Carpenter is more suited to a 3-4, and could play either ILB or OLB), so if Greenway is still there, we could probably trade down to the mid to late 20s and still get Carpenter. Or not.

big mike said:
I personally think Carpenter is a perfect fit for the Pats. That said, I think they could trade down a couple picks and still get him, perhaps picking up a 3rd rounder in the process.
I agree a trade down could work there but they aren't always possible. What I do like about Carpenter is he's big and fast, a hard worker, a good locker room guy, versatile and has been working out with Vrabel so Belichick will get a in depth opinion of him. He's not as athletic as some and, from what I've read, doesn't have much experience in pass coverage. But overall he's a guy who interests me.

BelichickFan said:

I will be honest. I have no real rational reason for not liking Carpenter. My GUT feeling says that he's not what the Patriots are looking for. There have been several reports of Carpenter needing Schlegel to call out the alignments and that Carpenter was the last of the LBs to read and react on most plays. Also, when I read that Carpenter has issues getting his hands up and disengaging from blocks and is a finesse tackler its gives one pause.
I just worry about hyped LBs from OSU because of AJ Katzenmoyer.

I would prefer, at 21, Marshall, Lawson, Winston, Huff Justice, or Youbouty. So, really only Lawson fits the bill from where I sit as a 3-4 OLB. I would try and trade down otherwise.

DaBruinz said:
I just worry about hyped LBs from OSU because of AJ Katzenmoyer.

I've got that same feeling too about carpenter. He's got all the tools, but I think there might be something missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back