SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

24 starting to loose it's edge?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by marty, Mar 28, 2006.

1. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2
    ---
    Didn't like the episode last night, it's starting to get all soap-opery again! IMO this season started out very strong, with quick action and fast moving plot. Now it seems to be spiraling down into all the "relationship" junk that bogged it down last year.
    Can't these CTU guys hire SOMEONE that doesn't have a personality deficency? This new girl has two scenes and she's talking about sexual harrasment? :rolleyes:

2. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---

They've always intermingled the soap opera aspect with the graphic torture - its part of the formula

Obiviously one has to suspend reality to enjoy it (for instance, let's see if my prediction that all events will be wrapped up in a total exactly 1444 minutes YET AGAIN comes true)

I thought the same thing you did about the new girl - basically said WTF when that happened - but my wife pointed out that it was just a quick and simple way to illustrate she's not Ms. Nice and that the Homeland Security guy isn't necessarilly all Mr. Evil either

SPOILER GUESS

Anyway, it seems clear now that the Vice President is involved somehow - and perhaps much of the day's events were orchestrated by him so he could assume control of the Presidency somehow?

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,097
    ---
    Sopranos is a sopa opera also this year.

4. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---
    Got rid of cable but thankfully its easilly found and downloadable - usually watch it on Tuesday or so

Seems like they are setting Tony up to have a crisis of conscience... just taking a long time to set it up though

5. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    The show hits a lull every season around this point. Sometimes I wish it was called 18.

6. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---
    I thought a Edgar Chloe merger was in the works as well, given the viewer discretion warning for disturbing content at the beginning of each episode.

I saw a recent interview with Keifer Sutherland where he made it clear that Jack could, and eventually would be killed off - but that's probably not for a few years yet...

... and aren't they making a 24 movie now? Certainly wouldn't happen before that.

7. mcsully

mcsully In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7
    ---

Hm.. I'm not to shocked it wasn't the vice president. One thing I leearned about this show is don't focus on one person or object because out of the corner of your eye you'll get popped by something else.. i.e. - all points to the vp and it turns out to be the president. I was actually thinking it was going to be Mike.

8. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---
    Yeah - in hindsight one should always be expecting the rope-a-dope (I thought it was the CTU director when they initially were showing the man on the phone in the shadows)

I'm not sure this explains why the VP was alerted when Palmer's brother was driving in - nor how or why that call resulted in the terrorists attacking him

I'll be interested to see how they explain everything... earlier when the Prez's chief of staff was found to have been involved with the terrorists - though out of a misplaced sense of duty - it seemed pretty clear that the President didn't know anything

Now we find the President talking with Robocop? Doesn't quite seem consistent.

Who knows - maybe RoboCop will eventually overcome his programming and "do the right thing"

I'm expecting that the Homeland Security/New head of CTU to step up and do the right thing eventually - even if her slimy assistant does not

I suppose Audrey can always say she signed the agreement under duress too - having been chemically tortured just an hour before (and by the way, for someone who just went through that, doesn't she look like she just got out of a day spa?)

9. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    Well obviously that was just an act.

I'm not sure how the attack on Wayne was set up. Someone must've alerted the President or Robocop seperately.

10. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249
    ---
    It's the President's evil twin. :D

11. Patti37

Patti37 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    I agree.

They need to leave the relationship stuff out of the show. Most of the time it has very little purpose. I want to be on the edge of my seat waiting for the unexpected.

12. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2
    ---
    MUCH better episode last night! Anyone else notice the James Bond type music during the bank scenes? Cracked me up!!!

13. Michael

Ratings:
    +249
    ---
    I didn't catch the music, but I wasn't watching at home in surround. What has always bothered me (and happened again in last night's show) is that Jack gets more hits with his handgun than all the goons spraying automatic weapon fire all over the place. I know this show involves a lot of suspension of disbelief, but, do they need to write so many scenes where Jack is facing a small army of automatic assault rifles and no one can hit him?

14. Michael

Ratings:
    +249
    ---
    Oh and best line last night. Chloe - "If you really want to know I'll send you a report".

15. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---
    Yeah - we noticed that and cracked up too... we called it "Chloe's Theme" as it started during her escapade.

Too bad the banker didn't decide to lock himself in the vault til the next morning, huh?

I also must have missed it when they explained why Jack couldn't use his cellphone or PDA to send Chloe and anyone else on his speed dial list the recording of the President talking about killing Palmer.

That must be why I'm just not cut out to be a secret agent... I have no sense of the dramatic.

16. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,458
    ---
    No, clearly President Logan is a Cylon

17. Michael

Ratings:
    +249
    ---
    He's an other. :D

18. bakes781

bakes781 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +212
    ---
    I became hooked on 24 from the beginning of last season. I agree this season started out strong, but the love drama bores me. I find myself falling asleep until the last 15 minutes of every episode b/c that's where all the action is. My guess is the President's aid(her name escapes me) is leading Jack into a trap. Why would Henderson offer to give her the evidence?

19. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---
    Either you fell asleep or I did last week. Wasn't she recaptured by Robocop? Wasn't she the one with the evidence that Henderson wanted - not the other way around?

I was pretty sure next week's plot (based on the promos) is all about the Sec. of Defense calling the President out while Henderson holds Audrey and others hostage, putting Jack in yet another awkward position - save the world or his love interest (again).

20. Michael

Ratings:
    +249
    ---