PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

2024 QB

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
Bo Nix older prospect but I'm impressed with his poise and accuracy. Kid is already better than you know who.

You look at todays game and he is stellar. Some great throws.

You look at his worst game of the year and you can tell Washington made him uncomfortable.

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
I think the only way we find a long-term answer this offseason is if we hold a top 2 pick, or happen to get get twice-a-decade lucky with a 2nd or 3rd round flyer.

If we pick 3rd or 4th, I'd rather draft Harrison or Bowers to build around, and pair that player with a QB/WR combo from the free agent and/or trade market, then to reach for one of the other guys.
Got to be careful building around te’s. Certainly not taking him 3rd unless they trade back. Aside from Kelce, Kittle and maybe Andrews, how many te’s have been worthy of a top 10 pick in the last 10 years? Gronkowski is a no brainer obviously,

Ras-IR Dowling

2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Bo Nix looks so pro ready it's scary. Ras what's your take on the WR's after MHjr.?
Stronger class than rb for sure.

Like Nabers, think he’s the 2nd wr off the board so imo not available with our 2nd pick.

If I’m looking at wr from round 2 on some guys I’m intrigued by are Xavier Worthy out of Texas, Malachi Corley from Western Kentucky (think Deebo with the tenacity of a Steve smith) and Malik Washington from UVA. Get Zay Flowers vibes with Washington. Worthy is boom or bust. Either he’s too light to make it in the league or he’s next years Tank Dell.

Last edited:

PaulThePat

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reactions
Bo Nix older prospect but I'm impressed with his poise and accuracy. Kid is already better than you know who.
My only knock on Nix is that he stunk in the SEC with Auburn. Now he's in a much weaker conference and looks a million times better. How better is he really? How much is down to the level of competition?

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

Like Nabers, think he’s the 2nd wr off the board so imo not available with our 2nd pick.

If I’m looking at wr from round 2 on some guys I’m intrigued by are Xavier Worthy out of Texas, Malachi Corley from Western Kentucky (think Deebo with the tenacity of a Steve smith) and Malik Washington from UVA. Get Zay Flowers vibes with Washington. Worthy is boom or bust. Either he’s too light to make it in the league or he’s next years Tank Dell.
What your take on Coleman FSU??

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

It's a much Stronger class from the. Top than last year. A lot of Elite Size at the position. Love some of the guys have a Basketball backgrounds. For the positions we are weak at this Draft is the Strongest QB and WR. The workouts are worth watching.

borisman

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
My only knock on Nix is that he stunk in the SEC with Auburn. Now he's in a much weaker conference and looks a million times better. How better is he really? How much is down to the level of competition?
That conference is VERY tough this year (and was good last year as well) and at worst 2nd best in the country. Top to bottom PAC12 is very deep. Other than Stanford (and Colorado because of their defense) there is no lay-up. Not buying the weak conference inference. 78% completion and 10 YPA is not enough for you? Have you seen him play or just the highlights? They should have beaten Washington and would have been ranked in the top 4 easily. Bo Nix is the real deal and so is Oregon. He may not have a cannon but he would fit what the Pats try to do on offense. Not saying he's a top 2 pick but he has lit up pretty much every team except that NFL loaded team called Georgia last year (and Stanford where Oregon ran for over 250 yards). He should get drafted around the same time McCarthy and Penix.
This 2024 draft may be loaded with 8 QB's in top 2 rounds and possibly more depending on Carson Beck and Riley Leonard decisions.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
That conference is VERY tough this year (and was good last year as well) and at worst 2nd best in the country. Top to bottom PAC12 is very deep. Other than Stanford (and Colorado because of their defense) there is no lay-up. Not buying the weak conference inference. 78% completion and 10 YPA is not enough for you? Have you seen him play or just the highlights? They should have beaten Washington and would have been ranked in the top 4 easily. Bo Nix is the real deal and so is Oregon. He may not have a cannon but he would fit what the Pats try to do on offense. Not saying he's a top 2 pick but he has lit up pretty much every team except that NFL loaded team called Georgia last year (and Stanford where Oregon ran for over 250 yards). He should get drafted around the same time McCarthy and Penix.
This 2024 draft may be loaded with 8 QB's in top 2 rounds and possibly more depending on Carson Beck and Riley Leonard decisions.
What's the story on Brock Ewers??

borisman

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
What's the story on Brock Ewers??
Quinn Ewers is a solid prospect. He's been dealing with an arm injury in past few weeks so we haven't seen his best but he's a lock to not go any lower than the second round. Has a big arm when healthy and can get the ball down field with zip, no problem. Still a bit raw but has big time talent.

p8ryts

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Got to be careful building around te’s. Certainly not taking him 3rd unless they trade back. Aside from Kelce, Kittle and maybe Andrews, how many te’s have been worthy of a top 10 pick in the last 10 years? Gronkowski is a no brainer obviously,
No on Bowers with a high pick.

turkeyneck

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Quinn Ewers is a solid prospect. He's been dealing with an arm injury in past few weeks so we haven't seen his best but he's a lock to not go any lower than the second round. Has a big arm when healthy and can get the ball down field with zip, no problem. Still a bit raw but has big time talent.
Ewers is ok but I wouldn't take him as high as the publicity machine will tout him. Also, Big12 secondaries he's throwing against don't impress so it's hard to gauge his skills. I feel like he's Colt McCoy-ish.

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
I can't get over the fact that Penix had four season-ending injuries in 20 games. Right now, I wouldn't take him until day 3.
I agree. Big red flag. But he’s too talented to be a day three guy. First round QB—except for this red flag.

He can make throws all over the place. Very much an upgrade over the noodle arms we’ve got at QB now with Mac and the Zapster.

State

Reactions
I can't get over the fact that Penix had four season-ending injuries in 20 games. Right now, I wouldn't take him until day 3.
Are you sure it’s four? He had two I remember at Indiana. But at Washington maybe just a late season issue last year.

Indiana’s OL probably is much weaker than Washington’s.

borisman

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Ewers is ok but I wouldn't take him as high as the publicity machine will tout him. Also, Big12 secondaries he's throwing against don't impress so it's hard to gauge his skills. I feel like he's Colt McCoy-ish.
I was asked a question about him specifically. Not saying he’s a top prospect. I would take 5 or 6 QBs before him and likely wouldn’t draft him with the second pick if it’s a top 40. He’s likely to go mid to late second but it’s all in the eye of the beholder. But yeah, B12 defenses in general are bleh and usually are shootout games.

borisman

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
As poor and as old as the NFL QBs are (1/3 of teams could use an upgrade or replacement soon), there’s no chance Penix goes day three. That’s Adain O’Connell and Bailey Zappe territory.

turkeyneck

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
I was asked a question about him specifically. Not saying he’s a top prospect. I would take 5 or 6 QBs before him and likely wouldn’t draft him with the second pick if it’s a top 40. He’s likely to go mid to late second but it’s all in the eye of the beholder. But yeah, B12 defenses in general are bleh and usually are shootout games.
Not picking an issue with you, just offering another angle. I think he's going to be hyped because he's leading a very good (finally) Texas team. That hype will paint a rosier picture than reality. I'd consider him for the Pats after Round 3 depending on how other positions have been addressed. Personally, I'd take a flyer on KState's Howard in R6, maybe in R5, again depending on how well other positions have been addressed.

State

Reactions
Why take a flier on a QB when they don’t pan out half or more of the time when a WR of Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr is available? A talent that is undeniable.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Why take a flier on a QB when they don’t pan out half or more of the time when a WR of Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr is available? A talent that is undeniable.
I think he goes 1 overall to Chicago. Chicago sticks with Fields and takes WR1 and the best tackle.

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick