PatsFans.com
Search

2022 Red Sox

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Always like JBJ his defensive prowess was way above the norm. His hitting was and is an issue, thought this year new contacts were going to solve the issue, but guess not. He seemed like a good guy who was an asset to this team, not sure the RS are better with him gone. With that being said used to be a huge BB fan, but have lost a lot of my passion for that sport.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
This ownership can do that to a guy.
As much as I blame ownership for many of these flubs, MLB has not done much to keep the game interesting.. even with the pitch clock the games are just too long, somedays it is like watching grass grow.

captain stone

Hall of Fame Poster
As much as I blame ownership for many of these flubs, MLB has not done much to keep the game interesting.. even with the pitch clock the games are just too long, somedays it is like watching grass grow.

If MLB were really interested in speeding up the game etc, then 25-man rosters should be limited to not more than 12 pitchers on them… Heck I remember when Wilbur Wood’s White Sox teams had an EIGHT-man staff!

captain stone

Hall of Fame Poster
Didn't he pitch both games of a double-header on occasion?

It would not surprise me if he did… Talk about one who Got Away… He & Earl Wilson both should’ve been on the ‘67 team, with Wood in the bullpen & Wilson in the rotation…maybe then they could’ve clinched one game earlier, thereby saving Lonborg for Game 1 vs the Cardinals… He also would’ve pitched Game 7 on closer to normal rest, though Bob Gibson would’ve been tough to beat that series regardless…