PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFL Immediate Re-Drafts

JerseyShore99

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Who would you have rather picked with NE's picks that they used?

I'll share my meaningless re-draft now

1.29) Lewis Cine, S, UGA
2.50) George Pickens, WR, UGA
3.85) Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
4.121) Brandon Smith, LB, PSU
4.127) Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan
4.137) Kyren Williams, RB, Notre Dame
6.183) Cade Mays, OG, Tennessee
6.200) Derion Kendrick, CB, UGA
6.210) Chase Lucas, CB, ASU
7.245) Isaih Pacheco, RB, RU

UDFAs: QB McKenzie Milton FSU, RB Maeteo Durant Duke, WR Justyn Ross Clemson, WR Ty Fryfogle, TE Braden Galloway Clemson, TE Cole Fotheringham Utah, OT Tyler Vrabel BC, LB James Skalski Clemson, LB Colin Schooler Texas Tech, CB Shaun Jolly App. State, FS Nolan Turner Clemson, FS Isaiah Pola-Mao USC, SS Smoke Monday Auburn

Yay or nay? I do believe this tops NE's haul

Who would you have rather picked with NE's picks that they used?

I'll share my meaningless re-draft now

1.29) Lewis Cine, S, UGA

UDFAs: QB McKenzie Milton FSU, RB Maeteo Durant Duke, WR Justyn Ross Clemson, WR Ty Fryfogle, TE Braden Galloway Clemson, TE Cole Fotheringham Utah, OT Tyler Vrabel BC, LB James Skalski Clemson, LB Colin Schooler Texas Tech, CB Shaun Jolly App. State, FS Nolan Turner Clemson, FS Isaiah Pola-Mao USC, SS Smoke Monday Auburn

No one has signed him.

1.29) Lewis Cine, S, UGA

I would not have chosen Any of your first 6 players where you took them until Cade Mays at 183... either he or Jamaree Salyer... I wouldn't have taken any of the last 3 either... THREE RBs but No Beef Curtain or Pass-Rusher?

29 should've been either DE George Karlaftis, one of CBs Andrew Booth or Kyler Gordon, or DB Dax Hill... and knowing Bill's affinity for Dan Brown players and the value he places on eventual 4-down versatility, I would've been OK with Dax Hill, especially if the staff felt that, given his perfect physical & athletic profile for the position, he might be able to handle 1-1 Outside CB responsibilities, which is our defensive backfield's #1 need.

54 - NO DAM TRADE-UP! - should've been UConn NT Travis Jones. Period. The End. Even if Strange69 were still available here I would not have taken him ahead of Jones.

At 85, ass-uming that Strange69 is gone, and since I had already passed on Karlaftis, I am taking DE Cam Thomas here, the last of the really good DE prospects and somebody I would've considered at 54 if Travis Jones weren't still available... WR Jalen Tolbert would've been the pick if Thomas were also unavailable.

At 121 I'm taking OLman Zachary Tom, a versatile C-LT who should also be able to transition to LG and who has a very similar physical & athletic profile to Strange69, the exception being Strange's 31-24 advantage at 225.

At 127 I'm taking WR Romeo Doubs, who along with Khalil Shakir & Calvin Austin are the last of the early Day 3 WR prospects remaining... If Shakir, who is more a Slot receiver than an Outside one, were chosen instead of Doubs I could certainly understand why.

At 137 and after filling each of my 5 draft objectives, I'm double-dipping at DB with Zion McCollum, a small-school dude but with big-time size, speed, twitchiness & hands at Outside CB...Tariq Woolen, another small-school size-speed CB, would've been my next choice.

At 158, because I didn't make that foolish trade-up, I still have the pick and will throw ya a bone with Kyren Williams, though I might've chosen Ty Chandler instead, or even Pierre Strong himself.

At 183, as I mentioned earlier, I would've chosen Jamaree Salyer; but I can understand the reasoning behind Cade Mays too.

At 200, I would've continued my double-dipping with DE Isaiah Thomas, a physical Beast who needs to put it all together, but is worth the risk here if he's willing to make the effort.

At 210, I would've WR double-dipped with Bo Melton, who might not be physically imposing but has both speed AND quickness, unlike Bill & Matt's 2nd-rounder... and he's from Rutgers too!

Finally, at 245 I would've Triple-dipped at DB with Alabama's own Joshua Jobe, who fell dramatically because of his foot surgery; but once healthy could've provided invaluable experience in the same secondary concepts practiced here... If Jobe weren't available then I would've likely taken a LB with some lateral juice like JoJo Domann, Sterling Weatherford or maybe Jack Sanborn.

29 - DB Dax Hill
54 - DT Travis Jones
85 - DE Cam Thomas
121 - OL Zach Tom
127 - WR Romeo Doubs
137 - CB Zion McCollum
158 - RB Kyren Williams
183 - Jamaree Salyer
200 - DE Isaiah Thomas
210 - WR Bo Melton
245 - CB Josh Jobe

Can't help but wonder where this team had we taken AJ Brown over Harry, Amon-Ra in 2021, and Pickens over Thornton in 2022

Can't help but wonder where this team had we taken AJ Brown over Harry, Amon-Ra in 2021, and Pickens over Thornton in 2022
Can you stop Torturing me!! :mad:

Funny how many of these names we immediately and permanently forget.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back