PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Immediate Re-Drafts

JerseyShore99

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Who would you have rather picked with NE's picks that they used?

I'll share my meaningless re-draft now

15) Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
38) Assante Samuel Jr., CB, FSU
96) Amon-ra St. Brown, WR, USC
120) Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
177) Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, App. State
188) Tarron Jackson, DE, CCU
197) Shi Smith, WR, SC
242) Marvin Wilson, DT, FSU

UDFAs: Deon Jackson, RB, Duke; Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama; Tamarrion Terry, WR, FSU; Mark Gilbert, CB, Duke; Tommy Kraemer, G, ND; Javian Hawkins, RB, L-Ville; Zack Von Rosenberg, P, LSU

I'll dive deeper into the list of available players at the time of each pick, but two things off the top of my head I know for sure I would've done:

NOT trade 46,122 AND 139 for 38...If Barmore was still there at 46 then I suppose I would've taken him;

and I would've drafted WR Tylan Wallace at 120.

Sorry I spaced-off the rest of my thoughts in this thread until now...I am basing these picks on the guaranteed, lead-pipe Lock that I would not EVER have made that ANAL RAPE of a trade-up with the ****ing Bungles of all teams...As a matter of Fact, I would've traded DOWN (with Cleveland) for #s 59 & 89 (& hopefully a 2022 5th/6th) while also giving them #122/139...

15) Mac Jones QB

59) Boogie Basham DE (our pass rush ****ing Sucks, and Boogie's the best available DE; nobody would've batted an eye if he had been taken at #46; and he also fits our profile for DE better than the small, non-twitchy Ronnie Perkins does)

89) Spencer Brown OT (Nate Solder-freaky athleticism; our LT of the Future while Isaiah Wynn moves to LG where he could be an all-pro)

96) Ife Melifonwu CB (local dude & younger bro of Obi-Won; THIS is where SloJuan should've been drafted in 2019)

120) Tylan Wallace WR (by Far the Best WR Available; nobody would've batted an eye if he had been taken at 89/96)

139) Daviyon Nixon DT (from FOB Kirk Ferentz' Iowa, and practically a physical twin of Barmore but for Much MUCH better value)

177) Simi Fehoko WR (this position needed doubling-up So ****ing Badly)

188) Tay Gowan CB (THIS is the DB position in need of re-stocking, NOT ****ING SAFETY; and ESPN & PFF love this guy)

197) Trey Smith G/T (best OLman available, if not one of the BPAs Regardless of Position; and how the **** can Little Billy & the New Minions look at him & Billie Shermie and determine that BILLIE is the one they just had to ****ING have?!?)

242) Khyiris Tonga DT (the Beef Curtain is Complete).

Last edited:

197) Shi Smith, WR, SC

UDFAs: Deon Jackson, RB, Duke; Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama; Tamarrion Terry, WR, FSU; Mark Gilbert, CB, Duke; Tommy Kraemer, G, ND; Javian Hawkins, RB, L-Ville; Zack Von Rosenberg, P, LSU

A big one is trading away a 4th which was used by the other team to take Shelvin. Will be interesting to see how these 2 pan out, Shelvin and Barmore. Especially with self proclaimed egomaniac frauds saying this was the worst DT class in a decade.

A big one is trading away a 4th which was used by the other team to take Shelvin. Will be interesting to see how these 2 pan out, Shelvin and Barmore. Especially with self proclaimed egomaniac frauds saying this was the worst DT class in a decade.

I don't know about that, but it wasn't the greatest

Don't think it was the worst either

Sorry I spaced-off the rest of my thoughts in this thread until now...I am basing these picks on the guaranteed, lead-pipe Lock that I would not EVER have made that ANAL RAPE of a trade-up with the ****ing Bungles of all teams...As a matter of Fact, I would've attempted to trade DOWN with Cleveland for #s 59 & 89 (& hopefully a 2022 5th/6th) while also giving them #122/139...

15) Mac Jones QB

59) Boogie Basham DE (our pass rush still sucks even after signing Judon, and Boogie's the clear best available DE as well as one of the better overall players available; in fact nobody would've batted an eye if he had been taken at #46; and besides, he also fits our profile for DE better than the small, non-twitchy Ronnie Perkins does)

89) Spencer Brown OT (Nate Solder-freaky athleticism; our LT of the Future while Isaiah Wynn moves to LG where he could be an all-pro)

96) Ife Melifonwu DB (local dude & younger bro of Obi-Won; THIS is where SloJuan should've been drafted in 2019...And while he has a very different body type, Elijah Molden also deserved strong consideration here)

120) Tylan Wallace WR (BY FAR the Best WR Available; nobody would've batted an eye if he had been taken at 89)
122) Tyler Shelvin DT or:
139) Daviyon Nixon DL (from FOB Kirk Ferentz' Iowa, and practically a physical twin of Barmore but for Much MUCH better value...Besides, didn't Bacon prefer Nixon to Barmore anyway?)

177) Simi Fehoko WR (Best WR Available, and this position needed doubling-up So ****ing Badly)

188) Tay Gowan CB (THIS is the DB position in need of re-stocking, NOT ****ING SAFETY; and for what it's worth ESPN & PFF love this guy)

197) Trey Smith G/T (best OLman available, if not one of the BPAs Regardless of Position; and how the **** can Little Billy & the New Minions look at him & Billie Sherman and determine that BILLIE is the one they just had to ****ING have?!?)

242) Khyiris Tonga DT (but if Shelvin was taken at 122 then Cant McGroan or the ****ing Safety Bedsore can be substituted here if people insist).

Just wanted to add a couple more quantum possibilities:

In the draft above, I would've also strongly considered DT Bobby Brown at #96; if I had taken him there, then I would've taken either DBs Robert Rochelle at 122 or Shaun Wade at 139;

If Billy had neither traded up nor traded down, then I probably would've taken (with trepidation) Barmore at 46; probably Perkins instead of Ife-Won or Elijah Molden at 96 (though I also would've strongly considered gambling on greatness with DE Elerson Smith there); LT Dan Moore at 122 (best LT prospect remaining, and we don't - and still don't - have one of those in the building); and Shaun Wade at 139...If I indeed took one of the DBs at 96 then I would've taken either Joshua Kaindoh or Daelin Hayes at 139, the two best remaining DEs.

Just wanted to add a couple more quantum possibilities:

In the draft above, I would've also strongly considered DT Bobby Brown at #96; if I had taken him there, then I would've taken either DBs Robert Rochelle at 122 or Shaun Wade at 139;

If Billy had neither traded up nor traded down, then I probably would've taken (with trepidation) Barmore at 46; probably Perkins instead of Ife-Won or Elijah Molden at 96 (though I also would've strongly considered gambling on greatness with DE Elerson Smith there); LT Dan Moore at 122 (best LT prospect remaining, and we don't - and still don't - have one of those in the building); and Shaun Wade at 139...If I indeed took one of the DBs at 96 then I would've taken either Joshua Kaindoh or Daelin Hayes at 139, the two best remaining DEs.
I would have loved Melifonwu at 96 as well but i an glad with Perkins either. Shaun Wade would have been nice as a Slot corner if J Jones May move to FS for example

I would have loved Melifonwu at 96 as well but i an glad with Perkins either. Shaun Wade would have been nice as a Slot corner if J Jones May move to FS for example

Or keep Jones as Slot CB and eventually move the bigger Wade, one of the best-tackling DBs in the draft, to FS as DMac's heir...

Or keep Jones as Slot CB and eventually move the bigger Wade, one of the best-tackling DBs in the draft, to FS as DMac's heir...
Could be a thought as well but Wade strugfled hard in outside coverage. He maybe better suited on the middle. I agree his tackling is stout for a DB

197) Shi Smith, WR, SC

Curious how Jones would do with St. Brown in that WR room

Absolutely 0 regrets with Jones at 15...Major regrets with rolling with Matty P as OC over Bill O'Brien and Chad O'Shea however

Between Dugger, Uche, Onwenu, Jones, Barmore, Stevenson, and hopefully Strange, Thornton, Jones, Jones, Zappe the last 3 classes have been very promising...I remember saying this before though from '14-'16 with Easley, Jimmy G, Stork, White, Fleming, Butler, Brown, Flowers, Jackson, Mason, Cardona, Roberts, Andrews, Jones, Thuney, Valentine, Mitchell, Roberts, and Karras so hopefully they all continue to develop, even '18-'19 looked promising early with Wynn, Michel, Dawson, Bentley, Berrios, Harry, Williams, Wino, Harris, etc. and fizzled out...puzzling theme

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back